SaltCritters.com

Snowflake Clownfish laying eggs

christosclowns

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-40533-1234917597_thumb.jpg

interesting so put a net over the eggs I find it hard to fo or maybe a picture would help My female is over 4 and a half inches she will knock it over she picks up rocks when i put them in there to piss her off . Id love for you to explain or post a pic for me

with a pot it would seem hard to do

I second using some type of a net. I don't have a pic of the wire mesh I used around the breeding cone with the Discus that I used to breed, but you can try doing that. If you get a breeding cone for this pair, get some wire mesh and wrap it around the cone once the eggs are laid (like a cylinder shape). The fish will be able to fan the eggs, but can't eat them. In my experience, once the fry hatch, the fish no longer ate them. Of course, it only works if the fish lays the eggs on the side of the cone, versus on top where the mesh would not cover... GOOD LUCK!!

post-40533-1234917638_thumb.jpg

christosclowns

I dont believe it she is laying on the frickin wall, half her eggs on the wall and half on the pot and the male has no clue shes laying on the wall lmao hes retarded

christosclowns

th_HPIM5966.jpg

Ok here is the problem I see. First of all she is to big for the 4 inch pot, so Im gonna swap out pots next time to a 6 inch. Second of all the male is def retarded. He still has no clue what he is doing. I watched him off the camera and hes not even gliding on the eggs he is way off them and of course he started to eat them. Damn it guess ill have to see if he fertilized any and if theres any left. the video was short because i didnt want to piss her off lol enjoy and to top it off you can see in the video instead of fertilizing hes eating YOU SUCK YOU JAACKKKKKKASSSSSSSS LOL

christosclowns

Ok and here are some more pictures the clutch was alot tighter but i doubt it will last he already startied going to town on them

59745981.jpg

59755982.jpg

59765983.jpg

59715979.jpg

59725980.jpg

christosclowns

im gonna take eggs out put them in formaldahide and send them to a buddy to see if the cells are dividing in the eggs it will answer my question on fertility unless he just didnt fertelize so then I wouldnt get a solid answer so frustrating but this hobby is all about patience

christosclowns

Well just like I thought almost all the eggs were gone today. I have some under incubation but well see what happens, I also took eggs out and put them in rubbing alcohol and im sending them to a buddy of mine whos going to put them under a microscope to see if there was fertilization. Well have to see again in ten days what happens. That was clutch number 5 that he ate

christosclowns

ok well all eggs were dead once again ill have to see next week what hapopens. I am building a new system that will be ready in two weeks allot bigger and better, so once again ill have to move all my clowns lol they just keep getting different homes lol

christosclowns

OK HERE WE GO SPAWN NUMBER SIX SHOULD BE IN TWEO DAYS THEY ARE CLEANING AGAIN HOPEFULLY I GET ONE EGG THIS TIMER THATS FERTILER AND NOT EATEN LOL

Has anything been going on with the pacasso's I'm still waiting!!!!!! You don't have a thread on them so i just check in on this one from time to time. good luck with the snowflakes

christosclowns

rocky the lab said no cell division so he didnt fertelize im very upset im hoping hes just young and immature., My blacks did the same thing for 12 spawns it was very frustrating but im not gonna give up and colgan my onyx/picasso pair should be laying very soon there cleaning crazy

Nice clowns and great thread. Please add me down for a pair of Picassos when they start going again.

Thanks again for the great read.

-jds

Archived