Innovative Marine Aquariums

Snowflake Clownfish laying eggs

christosclowns

christosclowns

WELL I DID SOMETHING TODAY THAT I HOPE WILL WORK. I KNOW ITS CRAZY BUT I PULLED THE MALE SNOWFLAKE OUT. I FEEL HE IS INFERTILE. 6 CLUTCHES AND HE DIDNT FERTILIZE ONE EGG. I REPLACED THE ORIGINAL MALE WITH ANOTHER ONE AND HOPEFULLY I WILL GET A BETTER OUTCOME. I HOPE IT WAS A GOOD MOVE. THE ONLY BAD THING IS I TOOK THE MALE FROM ANOTHER SNOWFLAKE PAIR, SO NOW I HAVE A LONLY FEMALE SNOWFLAKE BUT I AM GOING TO PUT A SMALL BLACK OCCILERIS WITH HER IN THE MEAN TIME ILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
christosclowns

ok so i took that male and he is laying with a different female right now. The original female is now paired up with a different snowflake so i should have eggs friom them any week now. I am going to have two different snowflakes laying eggs one has to be feetile. I hope lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
christosclowns

Ok well the swap was done about a month ago and we finally have the males first spawn with the big girl. He did not even care about fertilizing he ate as she was laying. It is their first spawn and I feel like its a neverending cycle but All i hope is that i find one egg fertile please say a prayer for my young moronic male lol here are video and pix. By the way the male that was with her is now a female and hopefully all my other 6 snowflake pairs will start spawning soon enjoy

th_HPIM7452.jpg

th_HPIM7450.jpg

christosclowns

Ok well he ate all the eggs. Once again this is a new male and he is only 7 months old. I hope he learns quick which im sure he will because if he doesnt she will make sure he does by throwing him around the tank like a rag doll like she did last night. He is all torn up lol see what happensw men women abuse us when we dont listen lol

• 3 weeks later...
christosclowns

Ok well the male did a great job today and I very well think if he dont eat them we will have snowflakes here are some pix and videos see ya enjoy

th_HPIM8029.jpg

HPIM8074.jpg

HPIM8079.jpg

HPIM8064.jpg

HPIM8061.jpg

HPIM8055.jpg

This is there second spawn together and he did a better job this time we will find out in two days if they are fertile

christosclowns

well the update today is the male has gone so far with only eating half the nest. I know this one will do the job maybe two more spawns and hell be perfect. She is so big that its hard for him to get in there and fertiilize but he will find his way ill keep updates coming

• 2 weeks later...
christosclowns

Ok well they ate there last batch two weeks ago and tonight she layed again. He hasnt eaten any at all maybe like ten there is about 400 so we will see if they are fertile in the next two days. And if they are we will have snowflakes ill keep ya posted

• 3 weeks later...
christosclowns

well i got fertile eggs and i am going to put them with different parents to see if they will care for them. My male is definetly fertile as the results form the lab proved so. He has an egg eating habit and its ####### me off but he is young only about 8 months so it will take him a bit. I have 7 snowflake pairs so I am bound to have some very soon. I am just as eager as you are trust me thanks for watching

Glad you got the male taking care of lol. Wow snowflake clowns this should be interesting. I finally had the chance to sit down and spend my entire day reading all 2 of your clown thread which you do have some more thread on the other also. And I got to say this is truely an amazing person you are to be able to work your family, business, and your clown babies and to do what you do. Hands clapping!

I will definitely following on this post also, can't wait to see some snowflake babies clowns. Thanks for all your hardwork and dedication on breeding all your clowns so that everyone here or there can have a piece of your clown babies. Thanks -david

christosclowns

Ok I'm going to sell a baby snowflake he is thumbnail size I will post pix he will be 300 first come first serve pm me

Ok I'm going to sell a baby snowflake he is thumbnail size I will post pix he will be 300 first come first serve pm me

Are you going to be selling any more snowflake babies? Will they all be $300 each?

• 1 month later...

Archived