Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Snowflake Clownfish laying eggs

christosclowns

I think this next egg-laying is going to be the lucky one erik :D

Once I get some money in order, I'm going to get some of your beautiful babies. Is there going to be another clownfish contest?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

Sounds good dt and thank you drakk for your interest. I have good news and i have a feeling this is the one or im gonna flip out lol. She is cleaning hard again and is def hydrated i say friday night she will lay maybe sooner well see LISTEN EVRYONE GO LIGHT CANDLES GO TO CHURCH SAY A PRAYER DO SUMTHING HELP ME LOL

Sounds good dt and thank you drakk for your interest. I have good news and i have a feeling this is the one or im gonna flip out lol. She is cleaning hard again and is def hydrated i say friday night she will lay maybe sooner well see LISTEN EVRYONE GO LIGHT CANDLES GO TO CHURCH SAY A PRAYER DO SUMTHING HELP ME LOL

good luck... :)

christosclowns

OK GUYS AND GALS HERE WE GO AGAIN OVIPOSITOR IS DOWN RIGHT NOW AT 4:00PM IM OFF TO MY RESTAURANT AND I WONT BE HERE TO VIDEO TAPE IT DAMN IT LOL. wHEN I GET HOME I WILL HAVE EGGS. I WILL POST PIX OF THE NEW EGGS TONIGHT AT ELEVEN OCLOCK OR SO WISH EM LUCK IM SAYIN PRYERS AGAIN

I would like a pair if they do spawn or a pair of the onyx if they have babies first man

ive been wanting to add a pair of clowns to my tank buyt wanted to do a pair of the "designer" clowns this time since they look so cool

christosclowns

Ok i snapped some pix i will post in a couple min but he looks to be pickin away again well see if he leaves any back damn not a good sign so far

christosclowns

HPIM5554.jpg

55535562.jpg

55495559.jpg

55465558.jpg

55455557.jpg

55445556.jpg

55435555.jpg

Ok well i did something that I hope will work. I took the onyx eggs that were showing eye balls at 4 days old and put them with the snowflake. And I took the snow flake eggs that they just layed and put them with the onyx. I did this because the onyx male is a great daddy and i havent seen him pick any eggs off yet. The snowflake started picking the onyx fertile eggs once i put them with him. This will prove to me if the snowflake is fertile. And if he is fertile then he has a problem with eating eggs, Technically there only supposed to eat eggs when they are infertile,or fungused, hence he is eating fertile eggs (from the onyx parents) so hes got a problem,. From now on his nick name is Ricky Ricardo cuz that what i say when hes eating, cMION RICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYY iLL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON THE MALE ONYX TENDING THE SNOWFLAKE EGGS I HOPE THERE FERTILE SEE YA

PS THE EGGS WERE LAYED ALLOT TIGHTER THIS TIME AND HE WAS MAKING BETTER PASSES MY WIFE SAID

Sweet idea pulling the old switcherroo hope it works for you, pretty interesting stuff here.

ok so i know i ask you all the time, but i'm in love with you picasso's any breeding activity??????

Erik,

Hello from Canada. Hopefully you can get some of those guys into the country. I respect you to the fullest. Very nice stock you have.

Hmmm if the picasso eggs were fertile you could have the onyx take care of them till they are ready for hatching right? If you could get a standard pair of clown to sync up to the picassos cycle you could just switch out the eggs for every batch so you wouldn't be losing onyx eggs to the picassos. Very interesting technique I hope it works out for you!

christosclowns

so far so good only bad thing is ricky ricardo aka snowflake ate the fertile onyx eggs lol hes unreal. Im gonna soak some food in fish oil maybe hes not getting enough fat in his diet

christosclowns

OK well this worked out for the worst lol. When i did the eggs swap the male snowflake ate all the onyx eggs and the male onyx ate all the snowflake eggs. The male onyx ate the eggs for one of two reasons. First they werent good eggs or second because it was totally different water than the parents tank they got fungus. UGHHHHHHHHH this is why this hobby should be called patience ill have to wait again. Im not gonna give it we will be going on spawn number 4 now

Colgan my friend the onyx/picasssi pair is cleaning heavy but the picasso/picasso air is still nothing yet

Where is Canada are you from??

christosclowns

okay there cleaning again im suspecting eggs within the week lets see what happens now. Even though he ate ferile onyx eggs maybe he will stop (highly doubt it lol ) i changes there diet i have starved them for two days and im introucing salmon tomorrow and spanish mackeral

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but how much are they spawning/breeding? It seems as if Clowns get pregnant quite a bit, lol. Are they like Rabbits of the ocean?

christosclowns

OK heavy cleaning tonihgt I suspect eggs in two days like ckick work either tomorrow night or sat night. I WONT BE ABLE TO SLEEP THINKING HELL EAT EM LOL

Ive bred discus for years and ive always had eating parents...when the eggs are usually laid I put in a net that block the eggs from being eaten. They can see and fan the eggs but cannot eat them. Some eat eggs but not fry but there are some that eat both hahah. worth a shot to block the eggs.

christosclowns

interesting so put a net over the eggs I find it hard to fo or maybe a picture would help My female is over 4 and a half inches she will knock it over she picks up rocks when i put them in there to piss her off . Id love for you to explain or post a pic for me

with a pot it would seem hard to do

christosclowns

OK TOMORROW IS GONNA BE THE BIG DAY I THINK THIS IS GONNA BE A BIG ONE SHE IS HUGE. I WILL BE COOKING TOMORROW NIGHT BUT I WILL POST PIX OF THE EGGS WHEN I GET HOME SEE YA

Archived