Top Shelf Aquatics

Snowflake Clownfish laying eggs

christosclowns

put me on the raffle list,too!and if you start selling put me on the list....

pm me for pricing of snowflake pair,thanks alot!!!!mckoy :happy:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

All apoligies are accepted and there is no need to apologize. Everyone in the hobby has the right to look into buyer beware things for good reason. Ddr phish its cool man no hard feelings to anyone i just wanna talk clowns. And I will def update the list of who is in line for clowns as soon as i have a chance. Im really frustrated this is there second batch together and the frickin male is icking eggs off again uhhhhhhhhh well see

christosclowns

Well here we are again spawn number two and he has been eating the eggs. She pix off a couple here and there as well. My question now is, is the snowflake fertile hmmmmm. I dont see why he wouldnt be my other snowflake male is fertile because i have gotten eggs from him and his female. What I think is happening and after watching them live all night last night I saw that he does not have his timing down right. Shell go ahead and lay eggs and hell kind of bite at the rock and then play and then go over the pot but doesnt even hit the eggs. Id say out of 500 eggs hes lucky to follow her lead on a hundred of them. I dont know what else to think. My other pairs had similar problems and then bam one day it was perfect. That male should always follow her lead. Well have to see next week what happens damn it lol patience patience lol

Well here we are again spawn number two and he has been eating the eggs. She pix off a couple here and there as well. My question now is, is the snowflake fertile hmmmmm. I dont see why he wouldnt be my other snowflake male is fertile because i have gotten eggs from him and his female. What I think is happening and after watching them live all night last night I saw that he does not have his timing down right. Shell go ahead and lay eggs and hell kind of bite at the rock and then play and then go over the pot but doesnt even hit the eggs. Id say out of 500 eggs hes lucky to follow her lead on a hundred of them. I dont know what else to think. My other pairs had similar problems and then bam one day it was perfect. That male should always follow her lead. Well have to see next week what happens damn it lol patience patience lol

LoL sounds like he's acquired a taste for eggs :P . But seriously, since its only spawn number two I wouldn't worry, isn't that normal for the first few spawns?

christosclowns

Sometimes i dont see why he wouldnt be fertile but who knows if hes not fertile then theres no snowflakes lol but i highly doubt that. Im thinking he is just no in sequence with her and it might take a couple spawns now ill have to wait 10 days

Maybe he's thinkin he don't want no pain in the butt little clowns beggin for his food. lol

Seriously I've heard ( have a local guy that raises Clarkii's and Tomatoe clowns) that it can take a few spawns before the are both sure of what they are doing..

Glad to see that you didn't take all that abuse people were giving you on here. I have not been on this thread recently, but it does seem people do like stirring the pot on this site. THANK YOU for putting me on the list i really hope this works have been wanting one of these bad boys for a LONG time! Keep up the good work!

christosclowns

I like the fact of making a list because if they do ever make hatch day lol which they will one day, i have an idea of who wanted them. I dont like to jump the gun and say oh yeah im gonna have allot.. I have bred a picasso male with a reg onyx female and i have gotten picasso offspring about thirty percent. So i just hope that i get snowflakes from this pair lmao or i will be maddddddd lol

Scott Riemer
Glad to see that you didn't take all that abuse people were giving you on here.

Wow, abuse? Really?

Anyway, Erik, I hopefully the next spawn is the ticket. ;)

I guess its abuse to inquire about a seller and his feedback and the fact the issues were brought up on another forum. Christo did show his proof and feedback. Its always good to find out about people BEFORE you buy from them.

i know what you all are saying but i knew he was for real i saw some of his stuff on reefsanctuary. I wasn't trying to upset you all just thank him. I'm sorry.

Scott Riemer
i know what you all are saying but i knew he was for real i saw some of his stuff on reefsanctuary. I wasn't trying to upset you all just thank him. I'm sorry.

No worries. We won't dog-pile this time. :lol:

christosclowns

Listen lets all meet in vegas and get some beer lol. Wait I cant do that whos gonna watch my fish lol. Anyway its all good I have a feeling the next spawn is goint to be the one.

christosclowns

Ok here is the list so far and again this list is a way for me to keep track of whos following me and who is interested in Snowflakes. Again I do not know what percentage will be snowflakes and if there is not any snowflakes which I highly doubt it will be fun to see what happens.

1. caddyshack

2. colgan10

3. SmittyCoco

4. MarvinsReef

5. m'akoyPINOY

6.. Wawawang

7.. dtfleming

8 .ddr_phish

9 . nebther

10 . nanoclown

11 . flamethis

12 . SPerry

13 . Tony

14 . xtra0t

15 . davyraddy

16. kigs

17. rbdesigns

Again this is a guideline for myself i dont jump the gun and say yeah guys I have snowflakes. Im attempting to breed some and it might take me a couple tries but damn it im gonna get em lol. My other snowflake/occ pair gave off about half snowflakes and when i lost them both in a huge power outage i was devastated. So now these two have taken there place. So maybe I need to pray to the clown gods lol

could I be placed in the raffle too?

also, I'm interested in a Grade A picasso (2 connecting stripes) and a snowflake.. what kind of prices will you be charging?

christosclowns

Well here is the deal. My picasso breeders were moved into a system about three weeks ago. I just built a brand new system yesterday and im cycling it right now. All my pairs will be moving into the big system this coming week. It probably is going to throw off spawning for a little while but they will start up again. Im looking for long term stability in water quality and overall enviornment for these clowns. I take care of them like they are one of my kids lol. I have a huge uv on the new system great filtration, a chiller and heater together. I want them to be happy. It might not make everyone else happy since it might throw there spawns off for however long they take to settle but they will lay again. So in the mean time im just enjoying the conversation and looking foward to hopefully one day offer clowns to whomever willl be inteested. At this time all I have available are my Onyx's and with time I hope to offer the snowflakes and picassos. Thank you

Hi Erik,

Think your snowflakes look amazing. Been following this thread with interest. Would also be interested in a pair of snowflakes if/when available, thanks.

christosclowns

If and when thats the way to put it thank you for following your on

Well i dont want to jump the gun with prices but most stores if they have a snowflake will charge 200 to 250 for one im prob gonna stick between the 100 and 200 mark depending on the patterns and amount of white. I will make it fair as I can for everyone. Now dont quote me on that im just giving margin for change thats all. I when that bridge comes i will cross it lol

My name is erik and thats that. heres new pix she layed tonight again

50405068.jpg

50465070.jpg

50525071.jpg

50545073.jpg

50555074.jpg

And the new system we built today ask star the guy in this thread we spoke today while i was bulding it and ask him what my name is to lol

50625082.jpg

50675081.jpg

50665080.jpg

50655079.jpg

50645078.jpg

50635077.jpg

Just out of curiosity, if the pics are of your clowns laying eggs taken on jan 6th of 2009, why does the exif data say that pics were taken Jan 26th...? of 2008? :huh:

Just out of curiosity, if the pics are of your clowns laying eggs taken on jan 6th of 2009, why does the exif data say that pics were taken Jan 26th...? of 2008? :huh:

if the battery is ever taken out of the camera.. to be replaced charged etc... the camera i think resets itself. perhaps he forgot to reset date and time... Just a quick thought tho.

the snowflake looks great BTW. good luck with the eggs!

christosclowns

The battery is actually held on by black electrical tape and when you turn it on it promts for date etc... ill look into it though thanks for pointing it out

haha give the guy a break haha ummm could you move me down the list a few slots i wont be ready for 2 months haha so... just put my in the 6 spot or somthin and move the rest up sry about the inconvience but would like some help when i start breeding my occlerious im starting with the cheap ones cause im a newb @ breeding.... feal free to join my 20g reef thread its under members tanks. Thanks Caddyshack

Archived