Top Shelf Aquatics

Snowflake Clownfish laying eggs

christosclowns

christosclowns

Caddy shack dont worry man I havent even had a cluth born yet so yul have plenty of time. If you need help with breeding you can call me if you want pm me and ill give you my number

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk if my parents will let me but ill post pics tommorow after i finish gettin the 10lbs of LR cause i didnt go today cause of the bad weather.... but ill post pics on my 20g thread of wat i got goin on and ill ask the master some questions :happy:

I would like on one of the lists also, I had a pair of Black ocellaris that would breed every14-16 days or so and the male would eat them also everytime! I did try a couple times to set the piece of LR that the eggs were on in a seperate low flow 22G aquarium. I would get the majority to hatch but once they hatched most would die. I couldn't keep up with the feeding and keeping the amm. down. So many WC's ever! Also got very expensive & very time consuming for that and a full time job :( I had them for well over 2.5 years and they finally died in my move to my current home...since a deal for someone to buy them from me on here fell through awhile back. They are my main pic on here! I take my hat off to you if you can get them raised, it is a very tough thing for the average aquarist such as myself.

christosclowns

Well thank you very much for your comment. I have currently reg occ, black occ, onyx percs, and maroons that i raise on an every week basis. I have raised just over 100 clutches of eggs and i have had 50 percent succes rates. I am a hobbyist that has a sick passion for clownfish. I love what I do and i do it for fun. If it pays for all the money ive dumped in the hobby great. As far as the snowflakes i have raised succesful snowflakes from my other pair. We had a semi hurricane out here in fl and i had a severe power outage and lost the female, therefore i set up another pair. Im sorry that you lost your blacks. One of the reasons you might have had them die was because if the male doesnt stay with the eggs for the first 3 to 4 days it is very difficult for a hobbyist like you and I to incubate them from day one. Maybe youll come acroos another pair if not I can get you a big pair of Black Occ I hope all is well thank you

christosclowns

Female is beginning to become hydrated again it looks like were a couple days maybe 4 or so away from another spawn. Keep ya posted third time should be a charm lol I hope

this guy is such a fake and he is only fooling people in here that are novice that he can easily con. this is why he does not have the guts to follow up in the breeders forum where he can not easily trick the experts like he is doing here.

this guy is such a fake and he is only fooling people in here that are novice that he can easily con. this is why he does not have the guts to follow up in the breeders forum where he can not easily trick the experts like he is doing here.

Who are you?

Mods please ban this xunicornx joker. ChristosClowns aka Erik Papapanos has already proven his feedback. Several people in my LOCAL reefing club have received beautiful clowns from him and apparently people on Nano-Reef have already gotten his clowns. Erik has taken numerous pictures to prove he's not fake. So STFU and GTFO, imo....

Did I do it right?

Seriously I've heard (...) that it can take a few spawns before the are both sure of what they are doing..

Well, I know it took me a few times to get the hang of it.

But seriously, very cool clowns, and it seems like you really have a passion for this. Put me on the "interested" list!

I was just thinking how do you know the babies will be picassos or black onyx before they start showing colors? Is there a way to determine that? I was reading on a website that when picassos breed you don't always get 100% picassos in the brood but some will be normal striped clowns. I was just wondering if there was a method to determine what they will look like as they age.

Not sure on the Onyx, but from the reading I've been doing on Picasso's and Snowflakes, the white really comes in around 2 months in or so, even though it's faint, you can definatley see the patterns developing. But for the black pigmentation, it seems harder to tell where it's going to end up. I read a 107 page thread on another site about breeding Picassos and she keeps them 4 months to help her grade the fish.

If you get a 3 month old Picasso, it can still develop after that, so chances are the Grade B you bought might become a Grade A.

VERY interesting stuff, I'd love to see this in person. I might have to find a breeding pair of clowns even f they are regular percs, just to learn how it all works. I've read 3 hours a night for weeks now learning the do's and dont's of clownfish breeding. But there is nothing like hands on experience.

christosclowns

Wow this unicorn guy is a joke i cant believe it. Hey unicorn i will take my knowledge anywhere buddy any breeding forum you want me to go in. I have talked with the most knowledgable people in the business in person. I have dove in new guinea, sumatra,fiji, hawaii. and tis summer I am off to the barrier reef with 10 buddies of mine. I am not an expert and never did i say I was. I am a hobbyist that loves clownfish. I love sharing what I have learned by making mistakes and fixing them on my own,. I simply speak what I have learned in the hobby through experience. I try to help anyone I can, and if i dont no an answer i will try my best to find a reasonable one. Secondly get a life and grow up. There are grown adults speaking here this is not kindergarten and dont be jealous because you dont even own a reef tank lol.

christosclowns

ok now to answer some questions and do what I love. Marteen you have a very valid point. It is not a gaurantee at all and some people have had mixed pairs where they dont see the recessive trait aka pattern, according to Dr. Hoffa. I had a pair before the female was a reg occ, and the male was a snowflake. For some reason they did not want to lay eggs. Finally i got frustrated and called a good friend of mine who is an itchyiologist. He said to me do you know of any pregnant women around you. I replied yes and he stated that he wanted me to collect there urine. Lmao i know this sounds crazy but this is the stroy. My wife was pregnant so i did so. I dropped the urine off and he brought me back a lil vile with a liquid and a very fine needle. Now please dont think im crazy at all. I am against any cruelty and i told him what are you doing he said you want her to lay eggs right and I said yes. Anyway make the story short pregant womens urine has pituitary hormone and it is 100 percent active. I injected the female occ with ths hormone and she layed eggs within one week. It was crazy I couldnt believe it. The snowflake that was with her was aout 2 years old I got him from TMC in england. Out of 150 eggs that would hatch 40 of them had the snowflake pattern. I was able to raise to nests and then I went to sumatra for a trip. When i came back i found another clutch and thank god my wife took care of the tanks when I was gone. We had a really bad storm right before march and I lost 6 breeding pairs because I had to bring my generator to my restaurant so i didnt lose 20,000 dollars worth of food. In return i lost my pairs. So here I am now with a male snowflake that was from her babies, and an occ that was wild caught laying eggs. Do i think that they will have snowflake babies absolutley. Could I be wrong, absolutley. The percentages are there and I have seen results. Reffering to the onyx coloration. I have raised a batch from them and I kept two clowns I will post pictures of the two i kept. They are about 1 year old. The black from what I have seen through experiment comes in faster depending on enviornemt. My onyx clowns color up black better under 28 watt T5 50 50 bulbs then under halides or pc. They also color up quicker and darker all alone with no anenome just live rock and a home (pot,tile etc... for some reason i have found when there slime coat is in use it deterrs the darker pigment. Now this is all by experimentation. My new experiment right now is outside. I have built a tank outside with heaters and a filmes top so no debris can enter. The only thing that sucks is when it rains i have to do huge water changes and salinty checks. its only 12 gallons, but i want to see what direct sunlight does. I also have a breeder net under my dock. I live on the gulf I have put to clownfish in a 24 by 24 by 24 breeder net in the ocean under my dock. The first attempt went horrible because i forgot to adjust for tidal movement. Low tide came in and my clowns died and it sucked. So Im sorry i typed so long but I want to share what I am doing

well glenn when your ready id be more than happy to try to lead you in a right direction if i can

so i was just checking up on the thread....i was wondering the list that i'm on is that for the snowflake occerlaris or the picasso percula pair. i was really wanting percula's? i was just wondering?

christosclowns

When My picassos lay again then i will put you on colgan dont worry.

Unicorn this forum is not to knock people down you have osmehting to say show yourself ill allow you to call me and you can talk to me on th ephone Id love to hear what you have to say if not pm me stop posting garbage in my thread.

I spoke with Erik on the phone and he seems to know what he's talking about. I've been doing some research also and its funny how the research and Erik both say the samething. Erik gave me some advice on how I can get my pair to spawn.

I would also be interested in the picassos maybe when they spawn again.

Unicorn this forum is not to knock people down you have osmehting to say show yourself ill allow you to call me and you can talk to me on th ephone Id love to hear what you have to say if not pm me stop posting garbage in my thread.

Agreed.

If you have something to say, find a more mature way of handling it.

Archived