Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

I don't really care what she has to say about me, though I would be curious to know....As long as I don't spread too many frags around I should be safe from her...People have had Game & Fish called on them by her...or at least that's the rumor....

I have both of the single PD frags you gave me...I will just consider them held....

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really care what she has to say about me, though I would be curious to know....As long as I don't spread too many frags around I should be safe from her...People have had Game & Fish called on them by her...or at least that's the rumor....

I have both of the single PD frags you gave me...I will just consider them held....

I honestly don't remember, it was around the time I gave you the first PD frag. I had told her I was giving one to you to see how it colored up, since every single one that she had in her care had turned brown, and she started ranting about you. She also didn't want to take ANY of my advice on starting a website, even though I think it would have been a great way to expand the business. Nothing against her, they have some great stuff, but she is kind of ridiculous to deal with on a personal level.

Glad your tank is coming back to life mitch. I was wondering if you ever saved a frag of that silver bullet acro from before? If so can I be on the list for a frag? lol Because wow, for that silverish acro, it was worth it.

I would love to trade for it but I'm just starting to rebuild my tank. It got devistated during my move downtown. Every acro died except for a green bonsai. Amongst other losses. <_<

Its funny you and schg are talking about SIC...lol She's nice to me but schg is right, she's a bit set in her ways. Eh no worries though.

Unfortunately I don't have the silver bullet anymore. I lost my frag some time back. It was a beautiful acro and hopefully I will find some again at some point.

First, I have a lead on the Silver Bullet Bonsai and we are working out the details just now. I should have it back in my tank within a couple weeks....

Now, this morning my Bride and I were sitting around, playing on our computers (we have such an exciting life) and I happened upon an ad on our local club site. Seems World Wide Corals set up a $5 frag tank again. They do this from time to time, but I've never made it there for one. Well, I threw on some clothes, grabbed my keys and headed out.

With deals like this I managed to pick up 5 schweeet frags....here they are...

a nice red monti frag

IMG_3455.jpg

a piece of Red Hot Chili Pepper monti

IMG_3457.jpg

sweet pink-eyed chalice frag

IMG_3458.jpg

a nice lavendar-eyed green favia

IMG_3456.jpg

and the crowning glory, a mini-colony of amazing zoanthids

IMG_3462.jpg

Then, later on I went by schg's house and dropped off some frags for his new tank, and he gave me a nice frag of Bullseye zoanthids, but no pic yet as they aren't opened up far enough yet.

Pic to follow..... :mellow:

Okay, so here are the new Bullseye zoa frag, just starting to open, but just in the tank for like 30 minutes now.....

IMG_3465.jpg

Thanks a bunch schg....(I think they like my lighting)

And my most treasured take from MACNA, the green with orange and red starburst center Blastomussa...it's taken a couple of weeks, but it's starting to open up nicely....

IMG_3433.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mitch

That blasto is insane!!

Yup, I was really lucky to get that one. I actually got it at MACNA, BEFORE the trade floor opened. I was working a booth for a manufacturer friend so I got in early. It was the only one like it. Serious sweet coral.

Thanks Richie...I just came to the realization today that I need to get rid of a few things in the tank...I just got too much stuff in there! Time for some decisions!

Needreefunds
Thanks Richie...I just came to the realization today that I need to get rid of a few things in the tank...I just got too much stuff in there! Time for some decisions!

Not such a bad problem to have. ;)

:P

Yup, I think I'm going to have to get rid of a few things....I made a quick trip around the tank last evening and counted like 20 things I would get rid of.....

Just needed to add a couple of pics of some things I was talking with somebody about....

This is my Appleberry Montipora palauensis, grown from a little frag.....

IMG_3467.jpg

It's between 1 1/2 and 2 inches on each side!

This is my main colony of Montipora confusa, it's over 5" wide!

IMG_3468.jpg

Ya know, BOTH of those are on the Tyree LE list! These are nice clonies if I may say so....

I have some swaps set up for the next week and will post as soon as I get my new goodies...

I'm getting a big frag of WWC Frankenberry encrusting Monti and a nice frag of Orange Sherbet Acropora subulata later today. Probably within the next week I will be getting the Silver Bullet Bonsai as well as a purple rim Acropora efflo and a pastel Acropora echinata. Just gotta work out a meeting time and place.

Pics will follow....

Captain Billy

Man that appleberry monti sure looks nice............In my tank hahaha!

Thanks again Mitch I owe you, come get some lime in the sky whenever you want!!!!!

I got a couple of really nice frags on a swap today. I met up with Captain Billy and I traded for atwo beautiful frags. The first coral is a tabling Acro, specifically Orange Sherbet Acropora subulata. It's orange with purple tipped corallites. It will develop full purple tips as it grows out. Realize that this picture was taken within 5 minutes of it hitting the water.

IMG_3473.jpg

Here it is after about 25 minutes...a little PE happening!

IMG_3487.jpg

The second piece is the WWC Frankenberry Montipora. I wanted this coral when I first saw it on WWC's website, but couldn't afford it, and now they aren't even offering it! This is far prettier than their pics show it. Again, this was when it first hit the water.

IMG_3475.jpg

The flesh goes from rich blue through gold and green to purple at the new growth edge. Here it is after just 15 minutes.

IMG_3489.jpg

This thing is nuts!

I also snapped a couple of other pics, just for fun. First is my ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata. This poor baby took a hit during my RTN storm, but it seems to be making a comeback. A few spots I need to clean up due to algae growth, but it looks good overall.

IMG_3486.jpg

This piece came to me for helping a friend out with his tank. I don't really know what it is, besides another Acropora, but it's showing great promise.

IMG_3485.jpg

Another friend hooked me up with a frag of my Frog in a Blender Birdsnest, which I lost in the RTN storm. It's doing well and really likes heavy light!

IMG_3478.jpg

Check out the green on some of those limbs.

I just noticed this little frag up in the corner of my frag rack tonight. Sorry about the poor picture. I think it might be the departed Acropora desalwii!!!! The colors are right, just gotta get it started and see the growth pattern!

IMG_3479.jpg

This is a little frag start of my Rainbow Montipora that I started about 2 weeks ago. It's healed beautifully and has already started encrusting!

IMG_3488.jpg

It's looking so good I did a couple more this evening. Mind you, these are fresh frags, they aren't very pretty yet.

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

That's all for tonight. I will be hooking up for another swap some time later this week. More to follow!

Archived