Top Shelf Aquatics

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

MitchReef

so....it's been a while....things are just growing like they ought to.....

I got a new piece today and just had to show it to y'all....I got a frag of Hawaiian Ding Dang zoanthids and they are sweet....an adult and 2 babies....

IMG_3105.jpg

It's been under low light, so I'm going to see if I can pull more of the pink out of it with a slow increase in the lighting. The babies have a lot of pink in them....

The blackout in the frag tank did nothing to the bryopsis, so I jacked the Magnesium mup to 1750 and the nasty stuff has already lost most (almost all) of its green. I figure another week or two and it will be history...then I can get the rest of the frags and the rack out of the display...I can hardly wait.... :mellow:

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_____________________________________-*_____________________-*________________________________________________

________________-*_____________________________________________________________________

wow....it really IS possible to have tumbleweeds on a web thread....If I weren't nearly deaf I would probably have thestant sound of a single cricket.......this thread has turned into a ghosttown.... :tears:

I'm sorry Mitch, the last few days have been nuts for me, so I didn't stop by here.

I try not to look in here unless I have a few mins to really sit down and look at all of the pics you put up, and this is the first time I've had that.

Tank is looking awesome as always.

Is that some kind of green algae in places on your sandbed?

I'm just kind of wondering if that's something a mature tank gets over time.

I've got this small patch of brown annoying stuff on my sandbed in one place that pops up every day and dies back every night.

Thanks for the walk around viewing, that was pretty cool.

Really like the Ding Dangs as well.

I had a frag but lost them during all of my tank issues.

l'll get some again someday.

Do you have any Tubbs Blues?

I have some I can share with you down the road a bit if not.

schgr.cube

Ooooohhh, I want some Ding Dangs :o

Mitch, I got some decent stuff this past week, getting some more in the next few days. Hopefully it will be able to grow out quick enough for me to frag for you :D

I love these Ding Dangs. They don't have hardly any pink, but it seems to be coming out with added light.

I've never had any Tubbs. I appreciate the offer. I've got to get some of your stuff in my tank some time.

The Frag Tank is a GHA mess just now. New tank stuff.

Yup Sam, I gotta see your tank again soon.

Oh yeah...Weetie....notice the floor full of BibleSue's Teal Palys in pictures 5 & 6. They grow like Kudzu in my tank!!!

• 1 month later...

A little update. The corals are doing great, so it's time to move! *frustrated* *frustrated* *frustrated*

We are relocating about 3 1/2 miles down the road, just so I can stress the tank out again! In about another year and a half we ought to be free and clear and will start looking to buy so this nonsense can come to an end.

Anyway, here are a few growth shots. These first ones are some of the pieces I got at the SouthEast - Coral Farmers Market in May.

5/23/10

IMG_3149.jpg

7/1/10

IMG_3249.jpg

5/23/10

IMG_3154.jpg

7/1/10

IMG_3248.jpg

5/23/10

IMG_3140.jpg

7/1/10

IMG_3250.jpg

and my Oregon tort

1/3/10

IMG_2263.jpg

7/1/10

IMG_3251.jpg

not too bad for a terribly slow grower, if I may say so 8)

Look at the PE!

I kinda cheated for those shots...I had just dusted the tank with Coral Vibrance....all the LPS were worked up by it! But the Oregon tort is always all PE'd up :D

Thanks Adam, I just do the best I can.

I am really dreading the tank move, but I have nearly a half dozen helpers from my club lined up. Just gotta see who all actually shows up on the day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed......

2 weeks from today, July 17.....I hate the very thought of it.....Sooooooooooooo many corals will be broken..... :angry:

levitationDrew

I can't help you move on the 17th, I have to work that weekend, but I can get you as many buckets as you need. They are black, hold just over three gallons and have great tight lids. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks Drew, I might be able to use a few of those buckets. Drop me a PM with your number if possible. I got a new phone and lost a lot of my numbers.

Mitch

I really help this move goes well for you, Mitch.

If you have difficulties afterwards, there are many of us who would be more than willing to help you.

In fact, I'll contribute a frag of Tubbs Blues once you get moved and stabilized, just remind me.

No charge, as long as you cover shipping.

It'll be a house/tank-warming present.

Thanks a million Weets. You are just too sweet.

I have a few club members who are coming over for tank moving day. Luckily I have a full day to deal with nothing but the tank move. I hope I can get it taken apart without too much broken SPS. I know there will be some, as a number of my colonies have encrusted onto multiple pieces of rock. I am stressed about trying to catch the fishies too. I figure if I get the rock out and lower the water level down it will not be too bad. I am getting new sand and seeding it with my fuge sand. I should have enough totes to keep all the rock under water. I am going to have to break the piping from the tank to the stand, so I will be getting new bulkheads for the setup. I just hope I have taken everything into account.

I think I will probably be more stressed than the tank but I can deal with it. omgomgomg:scarry:

• 2 weeks later...

Just 38 hours til the big tank move. So far I have 4 confirmed Reefkeeping helpers, about a million totes and buckets, two trucks a new bag of salt, a brand new 10 inch fine mesh fish net and fresh sand lined up. I'm going over to the new house to pick up the keys tomorrow after work, and I'll turn the air on and hook up my RO/DI to make plenty of makeup water. I hope I've thought of everything, but I am sure I will run into a few issues. That's just the nature of the beast.

Wish me luck, pics will follow!

I appreciate the well wishes David, I will try to have initial pics up by Saturday night....Stay Tuned for More!!!

Hey Nick....I knew you would be back :lol::)-_-

I didn't expect it this soon, but gotta say I'm glad...welcome back little bro.....

Hi Mitch!

I have just spent an hour reading through your thread and have only captured highlights. I need to go back for more!

I'm in Orlando too and while I have a hideous day on Saturday, I might be free by the evening to help with whatever you need. I'm in the Conway area, so pretty central.

After you get settled, I'd really love to both see your tank and have you over to see what I've got goin' in mine. I am so in love with it, but still struggle and have a miserable time with SPS. I'd really appreciate your input.

Let me know what you need help with, I can even help with non-aquarium related issues. My husband and I are appraisers and realtors, so if that helps at all, shoot me a pm!

Archived