SaltCritters.com

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a bunch Tim...I already have the RO/DI over there and running to see how much makeup water I can have ready by the time it's needed. I'm washing sand and getting as much preliminary stuff done as I can.

"T - 13 hours, and counting"

How early do you get up dude? I was going out the door for work this morning and saw them....it was like "Holey Moley!!!! Buckets galore." Those are great size too. What do you get in them?

levitationDrew

I think they are more than three gallons. Perfect size for lifting up to put into high tanks and not kill you to carry two up a set stairs. We use them at the print shop for ink. Go through about a hundred a month. The lids are the best at keeping liquid secure. I've had someone pull out in front of me when going home from the lfs to get water, and when I slammed on the brakes I could hear the buckets thundering around in the trunk. Not one of the five buckets I had cracked a lid or spilled a drop.

Yup, they look like really sweet ones for our purposes. I REALLY appreciate them.

"T - 10 hours....and counting...."

The move went very well, all considered. I lost my beloved Possum Wrasse, but he must have been hiding in a rock, because he emerged from the rockpile today! The fuge took a little hit and broke, so I need to get some silicone to affix a plexiglass patch on it. Thus I'm just running the T5's and kicking some flow with one Koralia 4 with the heater hanging in the main display. I really like the way the scape turned out which is kind of amazing because I was really mostly just piling the rocks up and aiming at a cave in Stoney Island. The Tominio tang is being pretty shy and hiding a lot, but maybe this will end up good, as he has been pretty aggressive again lately. I will get some pics when I get the fuge fixed and the plumbing put all back together, but thanks to my outstanding support team (5 fellow reefers) and those who shared stuff, like buckets and such, it went off very well. We started at about 10 am and everybody was gone by 6:30 pm. Not too bad!

Nick's Reef

glad everything went ok mitch, got mmyn tank setup yesterday, go check it out, it's the first link in my sig.

So far so good...I still haven't ad the time to work on my fuge and the tank is still running without the sump or fuge in line. Hopefully I will have it fully functional before the end of the weekend. I have seen my Possum Wrasse, so the fish roll call is complete.

It seems that I have lost one SPS colony and unfortunately it is my fabulous Acropora desalwii. It started to RTN last night and by this evening it was over 1/3 gone. I immediately fragged what I could and will see if any of it makes it. I am really upset about that, but so goes life. Let's hope the frags make it.

Anyway, I really like the way the scape looks. Pics will follow after I get the fuge and sump in line and the rest of the equipment hidden.

This is getting very upsetting. So far I have lost my Acropora desalwii colony, my Neon Flashlight Acropora chesterfieldensis colony, my Frog In a Blender Seriatopora hysterix birdsnest colony, about half of my Hyacinth Seriatopora hysterix birdsnest colony, over half of my Acropora valida Tri-Color colony, my ORA Bellina frag, a hunk of my Montipora confusa, my frag of Quadricolor Acropora and a big part of my Chips Acro and part of my ORA green birdsnest. :( The parameters are all good, I cannot figure it out at all. I did a big water change but the RTN continues. omgomgomg Hopefully some of the frags I cut of some of the things will ride it out and I can always grow them out again.

I guess this would be what they call a crash, but I am still holding onto the faith. Let's see what corals really are hardy!

I did get the whole system put together and everything seems to be working completely.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm really saddest about the entire colonies and frags that I lost that are all I had. I mean the ones I was able to save clippings of will always grow back. I mean I really started with frags of just about all of them. I just want it to stop. Every day I have another one go south on me.

I have decent frags of the Chips, the green birdsnest, the desalwii and the tri-color. I also saw some RTN starting up on my ORA Blue Millepora so I chopped the main part off and got it away from the RTN. I'm really seeing SPS devastation here, but I gotta keep my chin up. I can grow it all back over time.

Fortunately we should be here until we buy a home of our own. Then it will be a stable setting to start good in. Til then I will do the best I can and hopefully have a nice system.

I am hoping for the best. I don't see any new RTN tonight. One frag, the tri-color valida is looking questionable, but the others seem okay so far. I can get another frag of the desalwii from a friend who grew out a frag of my mother colony. Luckily most of them are in a number of local tanks.

I'm keeping the positive view, as these things happen. It's just the nature of keeping such delicate creatures. I think the worst part is wondering if more will be hit as the days go by.

I really appreciate all the support I am getting. This forum is a great place with cool and caring members. The well wishes go a long way.

Yup, thanks for the good words Jkunz...As of now all I have lost is my very best colonies. The ones that everybody said "OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo....." about. It's never the mushrooms and nuisance ugly palys that go....or those stupid yellow polyp cockroaches.....

I'm not ready to jump off a bridge over this, but it is really hard to not get discouraged. Some of these colonies were truly massive. A couple are still in there, just way too bright white...I cannot wait for the coralline to cover the stumps.

Okay, I got home from work this evening and the power was out! About an hour all told, but I was getting more than a little bit worried....

Anyway, I don't see any new death happening....maybe I have seen the worst of it. I certainly hope so. This has been miserable. I will watch for a few more days then assess the whole damages. I really like the new scape, but I don't really even want to take any pics until I get the RTN stopped and get some things placed for the replacement grow-out.

Lots of loss....

Archived