Coral Vue Hydros

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

That snail is MASSIVE!!!! He actually has a Drivers License!!!! Nearly 3 inches tall...no kidding!

And as dumb as a bag of hair!!!!

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well at least you probably have no algae present. You should glue a zoa frag or two on him. He could be like a moving show piece. hahahaha

I actually have a hermit with a mushroom attached to the shell.

And we won't even talk about hermits.....they even make the snail look smart!!!!

I had a decorator crab years ago who wandered around with zoas on his back.....

Mitch, I close all week, but am hoping to have sunday and monday off (monday is a special day, so alison might give me some spending money for the tank that day). We will definitely make it over either of those nights for sure.

That sounds like a plan. I ought to be around Sunday most all day and then on Monday evening regular.

I gots plans for your tanky, dude..... :P:P:P

That sounds like a plan. I ought to be around Sunday most all day and then on Monday evening regular.

I gots plans for your tanky, dude..... :P:P:P

uh oh lol, plans? plans make me nervous... i need you to come see my tank again and give me some input sometime...

I made myself a Top-Down box a few months ago and found just how cumbersome they can be, and also what a fight reflection is when trying to snap photos, so I got thinking and came up with a schmarttt idea...How bout a custom fit attached photo box!!!!

(Please excuse my sloppy acrylic work, this is a prototype and may very well get replaced with a more refined version)

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

CIMG2339.jpg

CIMG2340.jpg

CIMG2341.jpg

CIMG2342.jpg

And now for a few of the resulting Top-Down shots....

Montipora confusa colony

IMG_3556.jpg

Shoulda seen it before I fragged the entire top 4 layers off

Purple Slimer

IMG_3568.jpg

ORA Blue Bottlebrush

IMG_3561.jpg

ORA Borealis

IMG_3564.jpg

Rainbow Monti colony with a few others around the edges

IMG_3562.jpg

WWC Frankenberry Monti

IMG_3558.jpg

Insane Unique Corals Blastomussa wellsi (a bit of a long zoom and crop shot, sorry)

IMG_3565.jpg

Nuclear Greens, Oregon Blue Tort and Happy Isa Clam

IMG_3566.jpg

Whammin Watermelons, Green Men From Mars, Bullseyes and wicked Rainbow Zoas (and an unspecified purple/blue mille)

IMG_3567.jpg

Tyree Dinosaur Egg Monti frag

IMG_3571.jpg

I like my new toy, but have a couple of ideas for the final version.

I scored in a MAJOR WAY earlier today...Two new Z's n P's frags...They have just been in my tank for like 15 minutes now, so we cannot expect much, but here are a couple of teaser pictures....

Right after it went in:

IMG_3575.jpg

After a mere 3 minutes:

IMG_3577.jpg

And finally, after just 16 minutes:

IMG_3579.jpg

That's right, a Genuine Mindblowing Paly!!!! Who Dah! named it, he got it from WWC, they got it from the guy I got it from! How's that for lineage!!!

Number two is still being shy, but I will put up a teaser picture of it too:

IMG_3580.jpg

Stay tuned for more..I will pop up a pic when they start opening!

Preciate that. The next camera box will be about an inch longer. It's tough getting angled shots without dipping the camera, and straight down shots are shadowed!

The Bottlebrush was totally brown when I got it. Did you see the Acro Crab's legs? He's hiding in the pic!

Okay so the second frag isn't open yet and the lights are going down so I will just say it...it is a 3 head Rasta frag....I had a very good day today!

Thanks, that Paly was a real surprise...it was a Bonus frag too!!!! Dude took major care of me....

I have Phoenix MH and Geisemann Actinic+ supplementation, I use Ocean's Blend two-part and will not change from that combination. It just works....

Nice, I love rastas. Nice score on that one!

Mitch, my phones ####ed up again. I went to T-Mobile, and they basically told me that I can exchange it for another phone, but everything that is decent is going to cost me some more money. So I'm waiting until my last possible day to exchange (next wed) so I can see what I can afford.

In the meantime, phone use is sporadic, works only in 3G areas apparently...

PS, how many frags do you have for me? I think I convinced Alison to let me buy some stuff from you, just need to figure out how much to ask for.

Isn't it a new phone? They ought to exchange it for one that works right.....I hate the whole cell phone racket....

Thanks for the good words on the Rastas...I'm totally pumped about them...

Give me a call when you can.

Okey Dokey...You're on the list.....I gotta figure out what you need for a frag of that new one you mentioned on the phone tonight...can't wait for tomorrow's swap!

Archived