ReefCleaners.org

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

I met up with a friend this evening and did another swap...got some nice frags. Please excuse the new frags' appearance. They are all just placed in the water and the Acroporae are actually still in the Quarantene / Dip tank.

I already had this Pokerstar Montipora

IMG_3621.jpg

Now I added a Reverse Pokerstar!

IMG_3624.jpg

A nice big frag of Lime In The Sky Acropora loisettae

IMG_3611.jpg

Small frag of Lemon-Lime Acropora echinata

IMG_3614.jpg

And a nice piece of Teal Acropora tortuosa

IMG_3612.jpg

I will inspect the Acros at 10X magnification tomorrow morning then in the tank along with the already inspected Monti. Let's give them a few weeks to get all colored up and then see how they look!

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't wait for them to color up. I love acros. If you look back you will see that they are a strongsuit for me. I've been lucky with them and have some really nice ones. I just gotta quit fragginf them and let them grow out now!!!!

Thanks again Billy, and I hope your stuff is doing well. Here are some new pics of my newest items. The Lemon Lime Acro echinata is still pissed off, but I'm not worried about it just yet.

IMG_3631.jpg

Lime In The Sky Acro loisettia. This thing is like 3" and fully encrusted.

IMG_3634.jpg

Teal Acro tortuosa

IMG_3632.jpg

And last, but not least the Reverse Pokerstar encrusting Monti. The polyps on this piece are SHOCKINGLY blue.

IMG_3633.jpg

I also wanted to put this pic in, from a couple of swaps ago. This shows my Silver Bullet Bonsai, Purple-tipped Acro efflo and "Lemon-something or other Acro echinata"

IMG_3635.jpg

Captain Billy

I hope that lemon lime echinata does well for you it's a ##### to frag! Enjoy that lime in the sky took me 8 months to grow that piece from a nub!

SCHG and his lovely bride were over this evening and he asked about my little DIY Top-down camera adapter. I hooked it up and snapped a few shots to show how well it works. Well, they turned out pretty good, so I will post them up.

Tyree Dinosaur Egg Montipora

IMG_3640.jpg

ORA Hawkins Blue Acropora echinata

IMG_3639.jpg

Unknown Acropora

IMG_3641.jpg

Here are a couple of regular through the glass shots, just as an update on the new zoanthids. The Rastas

IMG_3637.jpg

And the Mindblowing Paly

IMG_3638.jpg

Wooo! Those shots do look great. Tanks still looking great Mitch, I know you lost a lot from the move but you wouldn't know it with how much amazing stuff you have.

Thanks again for having us over, and for sending us away with such great parting gifts. I'll be updating my post with my goodies soon!

levitationDrew

I likey the top down shots too. :D Is the look down box something you made or bought? I bought a new dslr with a macro lens to take some pics of my scratched 20H. My scratched glass is not allowing the shots I was expecting. I'm not ready with equipment yet to switch to the new 40 breeder. So I was thinking of a top down box and either to make my own or buy new. Beautiful new additions Mitch. Glad everything is on the upswing.

Thanks Drew. I made my top-down camera attachment. I need to remake it now that I've figured out just what I need. It needs to be 1" longer so I can angle the camera a little more. If you want to come over some time we can build one for your camera too! I have the tools and plenty of acrylic.

And I still owe you for the tank moving supplies!!!!

By the way, I hope nobody ever provides me a frag and then gets offended when I put it in Quarentine. I was really lucky for my QT when I got the unknown Acropora shown above. Here it was just 2 months ago (in the QT)

RedBugs.jpg

It was nothing I couldn't fix with a 12 hour Interceptor dip, but just imagine if I had just tossed it into the Display!

Everything gets some QT time and Interceptor and CoralRx dips. A good inspection with 10X magnification completes the process. So far so good. No nastys in there just now....knock wood!

Hey Mitch, to answer your text, I haven't had any problems with my emerald crab so far, but I haven't had him that long. This is the first I have owned, but so far he has completely gotten rid of every single nuisance algae that has entered my tank, and not touched either of my display macros. I have heard similar things about them going coral hungry, but that has been said to be when they are fully adult and this is a little guy. Mine cleared both frag plugs completely of your nasty red algae before I had left for work today.

I got you some Thera-A from work btw...

If y'all remember the chalice I got a MACNA a couple of months ago, I was saying it should color up pretty nicely...

Here it was then, the first weekend in September....

IMG_3372.jpg

This was yesterday...

IMG_3648.jpg

That piece was from TheFragFarmer, down in South Florida....

The Mindblowing Paly I got from Sushi Man is absolutely AMAZING.....not only has it spread out and gotten absolutely outstanding in appearanc...it has BABIES!!!!!

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

Sushi Man is THE Man....the Rastas are looking great too....no babies yet, but looking great. And to think, I just got these 17 days ago!!!!

I just had to add one more pic that I just shot....Here are the Rastas from Sushi Man as well....

IMG_3653.jpg

They are absolutely beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

One more update.

I did another nice swap today and a friend brought me some "browned out" corals he couldn't get to work in his tank. So, I have a few new pictures. Two are soaking in an Interceptor dip in the QT til morning.

I got this nice frag of Original Tyree Pink Lemonade. It was just cut for me today and will have to color up a bit (I mean these are taken in the dip!)

IMG_3865.jpg

after about 1/2 hour

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

The other swap piece is this beautiful Blastomussa wellsi frag

IMG_3866.jpg

And here it is after the same half hour

IMG_3873.jpg

The two browned out ones are a nice frag of Pearlberry Acro

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

And last but not least an unknown browned out Montipora, we will have to see what this one turns into!

IMG_3880.jpg

It is with a tear in my eye that I tell of the demise of our first Tridacnid Clam. Happy ain't so Happy anymore. I think a whelk bite killed him.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a new fish tonight. It's actually in my Frag Tank but I will put the entry here. A friend had her and she was getting bullied so he sent her home with me "free to a good home".

IMG_4070-1.jpg

She never hid, didn't even run behind the rocks! She's such an active swimmer I may have a real time getting a good picture.

I love that fish!! Is it a type of goby, or clown ? Hard to tell with just a face shot. Anyway good score! if you find out the name I would really appreciate a pm of the type..Thanks in advance....nice

Archived