ReefCleaners.org

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived in Omaha, NE for a number of years a while back. My Step-son had an old microbus and it gave whole new meaning to breezy in the winter when it was 20 below. Of course it didn't have heat or defrosters either, just to make it even better! But...it ALWAYS started.

Hi Mitch!!

Your rejuvitank looks to be coming along nicely! I definately have a bunch of nice sps I can give you to fill that puppy out some more. Just save me a nice hunk of the purple cap and its a done deal. :D

The Reef Savy tank is sitting in our living room now. Johnny is in the brainstorming mode... hehe I told him I want to put all my nicest sps corals in that tank and call it the Bulletproof reef. :P I'm going to do a tank build thread once we have more parts for it. He's hunting for a sump currently. We have a spare 400w light we're going to put over it.

I got some big chunks of desalwi from a friend up in Delray Beach recently. They need to color up some still, but once they are looking pretty I'll send you one of them, you won't even have to wait a long time for them to be a colony.

The ones in the picture are some others (most likely from your orig colony) that I've been growing out for quite some time now.

It sure was nice to meet you, I'll keep checking in on this thread so it doesn't turn into a "ghost town". :lol:

Desalwi frags that I've had for 8+ months.

P9060654.jpg

Some torts that I've been waiting on very patiently.

P9060635.jpg

A peek at my montipora addiction........ :D

P8270320.jpg

Those desalwii frags bring a tear to my eye. They are from my colony if they are from akabryan. The colony was a good 6 inches across. That's a fantastic coral.

I will definitely get you a big hunk of the purple cap whan I start busting it.

Schweeeet.......

I'm getting things back together. Just gotta check my parameters with the new clam....I know thet're real calcium pigs.....

Just a little post to show a few new pieces. They look like crap because they just spent the last 3 weeks in the Quarantene Tank / Hospital Tank Complex. I got them from a friend and after the perfunctory week in QT I got out my 5X Magnifier, and there they were, big as life!!!! Redbugs. (See, the QT really DID save me!!!!) So, anyway, I did an Interceptor dip that day, again last Monday and today for the third. Dips are sooooo much easier, as the QT then has no need for big water changes or carbon cleaning.

Anyway, like I said, they look like crap but I'm sure they will color right up and show spectacularly. The first is an Acropora valida. It had nice purple tips before the dips. It will look great in no time....

mini-valida.jpg

The second is an Acropora millepora thet was absolutely so dark a blue it looked purple in the OP's tank. I cannot wait to see what color it turns for me!!!!

IMG_3379.jpg

The third one was stated to be "a Staghorn". It looks more like a Montipora to me, but I'll wait to see. Anyway, it started out with a lot more green color....

IMG_3381.jpg

Enjoy,

Mitch

I'm sure we can work SOMETHING out...but I bet Happy would be pretty angry if you pinched him!!!

lol well I will definitely have to do a buy from you soon, I'm tired of just stealing all your stuff. I'm sure I can scrounge up $20 to buy a thing or 2 from you soon. I just need to sell some stuff so I can get rock soon!

Your credit is good with me!!!! I will take some frags from you, in exchange, when you get up and running!

I understand the need to sell for cash, I just totalled my car last Wednesday. Haven't started arguing with the insurance company about payoff yet, but that fight is coming....then the battle to get into something decent for what I can spend....sux....but, at least the airbag burns are healing.... :o

holy chit mitch! what happened? that really sucks =[ now i feel bad that i purposely have been less careful driving hoping that one of these horrible florida drivers would hit my car so i can get rid of it. i really need an older / cheaper car that i can work on myself and spend less money on.

lol but either way i dont want something for nothing from you, you deserve at least something in return for instant gratification. ps, your black acrylic has come in handy so many times lately, im glad you actually gave me so much. we are also almost out of boxes, so youll have so come by and see the tank soon.

I have plenty more black acrylic if you want any....and clear, smoke and white to boot....

I need to get by soon, but it will have to wait til I get another car, as we are a bit crippled with just one vehicle....but I think y'all understand that!

I just wanted to post a quick update on a couple of the MACNA Frags.....The pink-eyed blue chalice is starting to get its pink eyes!!!!

IMG_3434.jpg

And my most treasured take from MACNA, the green with orange and red starburst center Blastomussa...it's taken a couple of weeks, but it's starting to open up nicely....

IMG_3433.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mitch

Cool...if it finally takes off I might want a frag of it to see how it does in the newly set up tank..... :D

Oops, sorry for the double post earlier! And for sure, as soon as she's ready I'll pop a baby off for you. Do you think the new tank can handle acans? lol

Oh, and your pinwheel zoas are finally starting to color up after completely going to #### from being in the dark for 3 weeks. I think this tank is actually going to do well lol.

Just about everything is doing well in here now...I don't know what the issue was before....maybe something with that weird sand I had....who knows, but I bet even acans would survive now....

Just about everything is doing well in here now...I don't know what the issue was before....maybe something with that weird sand I had....who knows, but I bet even acans would survive now....

What sand do you have now? I need to see your tank in person post-move. Your old sand kind of inspired my new tanks sand, as I really loved that mixed-grain look. But then again, it did look kind of out of place being that gray-ish color lol.

Do you have kedds red, spiderman, or lunar zoas? Or how about that bright pink paly that I gave you, is that still around? I'm trying to think of things that I still have left that you don't have....

I don't have Kedds, Superman zoas or Lunars. The lone polyp is still just about like it was when I got it....I have it in my frag torture tank...I need to move it to the display and see if it takes off...I recently moved my biggest Purple Death frag and my Nuc Greens over...they're still deciding what to do, but will be fine soon, I'm sure....

I don't have Kedds, Superman zoas or Lunars. The lone polyp is still just about like it was when I got it....I have it in my frag torture tank...I need to move it to the display and see if it takes off...I recently moved my biggest Purple Death frag and my Nuc Greens over...they're still deciding what to do, but will be fine soon, I'm sure....

Grrr...I lost all my purple deaths during the whole move / blackout event. I'm not with Sea in the City anymore either (PS: she did not have nice things to say about you last time we talked; part of the reason I stopped going in) so I can't just get them for free anymore lol.

Once I get this tank situated, I'll make a few frags for you. I need to return favors.

Archived