ReefCleaners.org

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

I guess it's prolly considered bad form to post so much in a thread, but I just took a picture that absolutely blew me away....

This is obviously a macro shot of my Area 51 favia under just actinic lighting....

IMG_2402.jpg

I just had to post it....

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have a TINY piece of it. The whole frag is akabryanhall's. I nursed it back to health for him and got a little piece for my efforts. Then it fell on my stupid Tyree blue lamellosa chalice and got stung. Now my frag is like 3/16' X 5/16 inch....pissed me off in a big kinda way....that stupid chalice has zapped a few pieces. I moved it recently.....

My urchin overturned my pokerstar monti right onto an acro and scorched a line right through it. The pokerstar healed in about a week. When my BTA barely touched my blastos though it was pure destruction...

Thanks Mitch do u ever go to he frag swap/events at the orca? I was thinking of joining I met a memeber said it was pretty cool. I have not frags to swap just yet due to my D&D aquatics expoxy incident. Not a good epoxy at all. Ruined a table top of mine and which in turn stressed it put so much I began to bleach. :angry: Switched back to Boston aquatic expoxy but had to drive to daytona to get it. Using brightwell amino acids to help it recover.

Also your favia looks great!

I am at basically all of the ORCA meetings, partially because I'm on the Board of Directors. I'm Mwentoring Director. The quarterly Frag Events aren't swaps, they are more like an auction like format. Last month somebody got a frag of genuine BubbleGum Monster chalice with EXTREMELY short lineage for $55. They are a really good time. This month we are hosting Roer of Roggers Foods, who will be doing a homemade fish and reef food demo with samples. It should be really good from what others who have seen his demo say.

You should come out....

• 2 weeks later...

I added a two head frag of PPE Blastomussa wellsi to my tank last night. The frag was part of a little grow-out buy and my frag came to me at our Club Meeting. It was really cold (for Florida) and by the time I got the coral home the water was frigid so I wasn't sure how they would do. I gave it a nice long float and then into the tank! Here are the first pics taken after I powered up the lights this morning....

IMG_2534.jpg

Just for reference, the frag disk is an inch and a halfer.....now....grow grow grow grow....let the chant begin...

I added a two head frag of PPE Blastomussa wellsi to my tank last night. The frag was part of a little grow-out buy and my frag came to me at our Club Meeting. It was really cold (for Florida) and by the time I got the coral home the water was frigid so I wasn't sure how they would do. I gave it a nice long float and then into the tank! Here are the first pics taken after I powered up the lights this morning....

IMG_2534.jpg

Just for reference, the frag disk is an inch and a halfer.....now....grow grow grow grow....let the chant begin...

Ohhhhh mmyyyy gooosssshhh. Gimme. :o

Needreefunds

Let's grow Blasto *clap....clap...clapclapclap*

:P

Sweet Blasto Mitch!

Sweet...I will have to come up with something to trade.

The Green Men From Mars would look like Beach Umbrellas in your tiny tank!!!!!

Sweet...I will have to come up with something to trade.

The Green Men From Mars would look like Beach Umbrellas in your tiny tank!!!!!

And would probably eat my tiny clowns. :lol:

Actually I believe that clowns are naturally invert proof. I believe it's the same mucus that protects them from nems....

Soooooooooooooooo.................

SCHG and I swapped some pieces last night and I got some really Schweeeeeeeeeeettttt frags..........

I got three polyps of really nice Purple Death palys....

IMG_2673.jpg

they opened up within a couple hours of going in!!!!

I also got a couple of Blue Ice zoanthids (I think that's what they were called).........

IMG_2664.jpg

these opened even faster than the PD's...........

A sweet grow-out frag of Tyree LE Ponape Seriatopora...........

IMG_2672.jpg

I need to get this one down into lower lighting from what I have read.............

There is a nice solid inch or more of GARF Bonsai but I couldn't get a presentable picture of it......it's a bit brown, but we aren't afraid of a little thing like that!!!!

I also snapped a few nice new pictures tonight.....

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2641b.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality on some of these pictures......

Thanks so much Bill........

That view is through the tank from the end....it's looking back 43 inches.....I love the peninsula setup.....

Your tank is so nice looking. I am setting a 75RR and thinking out doing the same thing.

Can I do peninsula tank a with a 75RR tank with a MegaFlow? The MegaFlow is more at the end, then in the middle of the tank.

post-47812-1268262059_thumb.jpg

You could certainly black out the outside of the overflow area and do it, but it would steal a chunk of the overall effect.....

Archived