ReefCleaners.org

My water isn't wet

StevieT

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a DIY on that exact problem. first i drilled a few holes into the side of the tank, added 2 1" bulk heads, connected it to 2 sqwds, made a durso at the top of that and eventually added a closed loop. once this was all done i started by cutting the legs of the stand until the front made a 30 degree angle with the floor. the next step is kind of tricky so be careful and take your time. Jump up and down on the floor until you see the tank start to slide. Once it starts to slide call the carpet cleaners telling them you want to dry clean the carpet. Once all is done, you should have a wet floor and then you just need to transfer the water on the floor to the tank. Voila... problem solved.

I like your glasses. :D

thanks, I got new trendy ones this past summer, I am wearing them now

:D

see B)

I like your glass, the one you are hiding your face with.

This is really weird.

I don't have a problem with this at all.

Are you new to SW or something?

:welcome:

yes I am new. Can you please help me out with my issue and having less than normal dryness of my saltwater tank? I really don't understand it. Anything helps, I am about to give up, I really don't want to, but I don't think I have another choice right now.

You are using SEA monkeys.....EVERY responsible reefkeeper knows you have to use actual monkeys to get everything really wet....just try stuffing 5 or 6 of those into your tank and EVERYTHING around will be wet!!!!

They are really much easier to control if you have a fully enclosed canopy on your tank!

see, I used sea monkeys and it helped. But only for a few seconds, then the clown POUNDED its butt and digested it for calories.

I still think everyone is cheating with photoshop, that or my water deliver guy is cheating me. Dang mob water delivery companies.

This is really weird.

I don't have a problem with this at all.

Are you new to SW or something?

It's always nice to see somebody with such great and obvious experience jump in to help newbies like you Stevie.....

I looked at the stats on the two of you and was impressed to see that while Stevie has just one post here, WnS has over 9100!!!! Now that I see how new you are I understand WnS's interest in you being so new to SW.... (or did I maybe read all that wrong????)

thanks, I got new trendy ones this past summer, I am wearing them now

:D

see B)

I like your glass, the one you are hiding your face with.

:naughtydance:

Okies, I'll stop being goofy now... since this is a mighty serious thread...

It's always nice to see somebody with such great and obvious experience jump in to help newbies like you Stevie.....

I looked at the stats on the two of you and was impressed to see that while Stevie has just one post here, WnS has over 9100!!!! Now that I see how new you are I understand WnS's interest in you being so new to SW.... (or did I maybe read all that wrong????)

I wonder if that is her in her av? Jus sayin'..

Militant Jurist

It sounds like the problem has gone too far for regular old sea-monkeys to do the trick. You need to bring in the heavy hitters. I suggest bringing in a crew of water-wetting sea-men.

It sounds like the problem has gone too far for regular old sea-monkeys to do the trick. You need to bring in the heavy hitters. I suggest bringing in a crew of water-wetting sea-men.

:o

:lol:

Yes, that is me in my avatar.

I am doing what I do best, getting wet and salty.

I'd live at the beach if I could.

And yes, I am new here, but that doesn't mean I am new to reefing.

I have been keeping SW tanks for many years and help out at my uncle's aquarium store as well.

StevieT may have many posts, but he sounded a little confused.

I just wanted to help.

I'm not really sure what to suggest Stevie.

Are you saying that when you put your hand in your tank, it isn't wet when you take it out?

Also, why are you using Sea Monkeys?

Are you trying to cycle your tank?

You know those are just Brine Shrimp, right?

dahliaheartsyou
I suggest bringing in a crew of water-wetting sea-men.

I just wanted to help.

Are you saying that when you put your hand in your tank, it isn't wet when you take it out?

i lol'd.

Yes, that is me in my avatar.

I am doing what I do best, getting wet and salty.

I'd live at the beach if I could.

And yes, I am new here, but that doesn't mean I am new to reefing.

I have been keeping SW tanks for many years and help out at my uncle's aquarium store as well.

I just wanted to help.

[/THREAD]

If there is a god, it can't get any better than this.

I just wanted to help.

99% of my posts are on pictures posted in the gallery, so that doesn't mean anything. I wish it did becuase I really want to figure all of this out. I hope your experience with your uncles's shop can help me.

Yes, when I put my hand in my tank it doesn't come out wet. The tank is over a year old, am I still in my cycle? I thought the sea monkeys would help cycle the tank, but if they are only brine shirmp then I was mislead. I thought they could help organize the tank for me and mainly make it more wet.

I thought the sea monkeys would help cycle the tank, but if they are only brine shirmp then I was mislead. I thought they could help organize the tank for me and mainly make it more wet.

u must add the sea-men as suggested above. thats how cartman did it.

I'm no expert but I heard the sea-men can really mess stuff up if you aren't careful.

I'd suggest keeping it simple.

Have you tried moisturizor? I mean really... poke a few holes in the side of a bottle of Jergens (i suggest the hydrate formula) and stuff it, I mean insert it in your media rack.

Besides the hydrate formula they offer - "Soothe" for stressed fishies, "Refresh" which is a great supplement for water changes and "Renew" in case your system is completely out of wack and you need to go back to the factory default settings.

Militant Jurist

Just follow those steps and you'll be good to go. Who knows, your tank might not only get you wet, but they might start to worship you either. Just keep everyone else away from your tank. You don't want the tank getting anyone else wet, or they might worship that other person too. It didn't turn out well last time.

I'm no expert but I heard the sea-men can really mess stuff up if you aren't careful.

I'd suggest keeping it simple.

Have you tried moisturizor? I mean really... poke a few holes in the side of a bottle of Jergens (i suggest the hydrate formula) and stuff it, I mean insert it in your media rack.

Besides the hydrate formula they offer - "Soothe" for stressed fishies, "Refresh" which is a great supplement for water changes and "Renew" in case your system is completely out of wack and you need to go back to the factory default settings.

Pickle010, in my experience, putting moisturizer on the rack might not actually keep your sea-men out of the system, and it definitely won't keep them under control.

I do think you hit the nail on the head regarding resetting the tank back to the factory default settings. This could be the easiest solution, and doesn't necessarily require the moisturizer. I'd try just unplugging the tank and plugging it back in again. A simple hard reboot is pretty much my first "fix" for anything that might seem out of ordinary on the system. I should have mentioned this before even the thought of checking DHMO levels (although that is still my best guess as to the issue here).

Pickle010, in my experience, putting moisturizer on the rack might not actually keep your sea-men out of the system, and it definitely won't keep them under control.

I do think you hit the nail on the head regarding resetting the tank back to the factory default settings. This could be the easiest solution, and doesn't necessarily require the moisturizer. I'd try just unplugging the tank and plugging it back in again. A simple hard reboot is pretty much my first "fix" for anything that might seem out of ordinary on the system. I should have mentioned this before even the thought of checking DHMO levels (although that is still my best guess as to the issue here).

My bad.. thought moisturizer and sea-men went hand in hand.

My signature didn't need to be any bigger... oh well. :P

Well my tank likes red wine, I will give that a try.

Went ahead and rebooted the tank. But after the restart all I received was a blue screen of death!!!! :o It took me over an hour to get it back to what is the normal these days, still dry. :angry:

Well my tank likes red wine, I will give that a try.

Went ahead and rebooted the tank. But after the restart all I received was a blue screen of death!!!! :o It took me over an hour to get it back to what is the normal these days, still dry. :angry:

Have you tried reseating the sea squirts in their expansion slots?

StevieT this is what I did..keeps the tires in your tank gleaming and adds a shine and gloss and a wetness to the water that you will not believe..and if you have a black back ground wooo..do I need say more?

for the wetest water a few squirts is all it takes

tire.jpg

Just thought of something, why not try some of this?

onion.jpg

I hear it does wonders making your eyes and face wet and moist, maybe it will have the same effect on your dry water ;)

Archived