ReefCleaners.org

My water isn't wet

StevieT

Militant Jurist
In their dead state, the fish and corals will achieve a godlike state. Start praying to your new tank-saints so that they will make your water wetter.

607_img_17.jpg

Observe the power of the seamen and women!

You shall respect their author-a-tie!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist

There is something wrong when the wetness and the kitty are not together. ;)

The wetness StevieT is searching for would have the kitty being drenched.

I was going to try to think of something clever to say, but then I remembered what this thread is about.

It is about my frickin water in my frickin RSM not being wet!!!! :angry:

Maybe it is the media rack. Damn that media rack and its magical powers.

There is something wrong when the wetness and the kitty are not together. ;)

The wetness StevieT is searching for would have the kitty being drenched.

Oh ok. I was always told that they have to cuddle first before it can happen.

Militant Jurist

That is one common variant, as well as the kind induced by ethanol. A less common variant, but a good one nonetheless, is the aggressive species, in which the tank's wetness is induced by the ferocity. That variant is a personal favorite. ;)

maybe you need to 'spice things up' with your tank. :naughtydance:

Most people take Bio Balls out at the begining of the relationship. Steve, maybe you could, 'add a little surface area' and that would start your tank to get wet, then maybe mix the bio balls with live rock rubble to really shake things up! :haha:

Im thinking verity here so maybe if you have lir rock thats battery opperated with multiple setting at that has at least 20 watts per gallon should really get your tank watter wetter. :P

When was the last time you showed your tank a good time? Brought home some flowers? Told it that you care?

I gave it some c-ballance yesterday, isn't that enough?! And I cleaned up its stand, gosh who knew it was so needy, dumb girls

There are many different types of products developed not only for agriculture but many other industries that need to get the most out of their water's wetting abilities, that will break down the surface tension and make the water "wetter".

Extenders

Wetting agents

Reducing surface tension...I think washing detergent does this like Tide. ....

and ask them to come up with a reef safe water wetter.

I know this post was a few days ago, but I missed it then....

Is this individual really suggesting the use of wetting agents, extenders and reducing tension with a slippery agent to be the secrets of getting it wet?

Just wondering.....Our tank is plenty wet, it's just the kitty with which we are having problems with reduced wetness....

maybe my skimmer is sucking up all the moisture out of the water

What we can be certain of is that wetness/moisture levels are directly proportional to DHMO concentration.

Most people don't realize just how much DHMO a skimmer is capable of pulling out. You just need to make sure that whatever it pulls out goes back in immediately. This is how a skimmer works: it pulls it out, then puts it back in, pulls it out, then puts it in, pulls it out, puts it in, ad infinitum.

If you're not putting it back in, wetness will disappear.

I'm certain that a DHMO level imbalance might be accelerated by your skimmer. Adjust dosing accordingly, and make sure your skimmer is filling its reservoir properly. It should be wet and salty.

I gave it some c-ballance yesterday, isn't that enough?! And I cleaned up its stand, gosh who knew it was so needy, dumb girls

Fruedian slip Steve?

Archived