SaltCritters.com

My water isn't wet

StevieT

is this like the twighlight zone? i thought water and wet are the same thing. what do you mean by water not being wet? maybe u should get an extra powerhead to cause ripples at the surface. someone clarify exactly what everyone is talking about

He is just shticking it up....go with the flow

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have one question also. My water is wet but how come its too hard? How can I make it a lil softer?

I'm sure your water is the same hardness as everyone else, it probably just looks harder that everyone else on NR. Maybe you have too much hardware on your PC. I suggest adding software to compensate.

sorry to ask a newb question but wut the heck does the original question mean??

how do you get your water so wet? DO you have the same problem with me where you water isn't as liquidy, so moist? I am looking for help so if you have any information please share it, I am scared my tank is on the way out with my dry water problem, thanks.

is this like the twighlight zone? i thought water and wet are the same thing. what do you mean by water not being wet? maybe u should get an extra powerhead to cause ripples at the surface. someone clarify exactly what everyone is talking about

Well I have ripples on my surface, maybe I don't have enough. Do you have a number of ripples that are recommended to make my water wetter? Is there a formula I need to learn or something? Do you think my fish are going to be effected by dry water?

Your problem really is multi-faceted....first you must consider the Tang option....it is my understanding that Surgeonfish LOVE TANG....(but then, I'm somewhat of a TANG fan too.... :o ) as for the ripple density....I believe the formula involves the 7th root of the average ripples per cubic bioload....but I'm not sure how the addition of TANG (or surgeonfish for that matter) stresses the calculation....

I'm sure it's in the RC Calculators tab....under "You Gotta Be Kiddin ME!!!!"....

As for DREZ, I just wanted to say that Dryness is not the answer to everything, but if you want your water to be as clear as Gin, that would be the answer......(leave it to the Limey!!!!LOL....)

The last concern to be addressed is the aforementioned Polish pad....I have found Lithuanian pads to be FAR superior with regard to rewetting previously dried out water......

Is you tank cycled? You can't expect you water to be as wet as mature tanks if you just started it. What method are you using measure your ripple frequency? That's important. In general, the best way to increase you aquariums wetness is to add more salt... then you can add more water, making the net wetness of the overall system greater.

Is you tank cycled? You can't expect you water to be as wet as mature tanks if you just started it. What method are you using measure your ripple frequency? That's important. In general, the best way to increase you aquariums wetness is to add more salt... then you can add more water, making the net wetness of the overall system greater.

I think we are leaving out many important factors regarding wetness...

1. Relative humidity - doesn't the relative wetness of the surrounding air impact the overall wetness of the water in the tank? In a very humid environment, it would seem obvious that the wetness of the tank would would be, relatively, less than it would be in a dry environment.

2. Moon phase - as the moon is approaching full (currently 80% waxing), both the ripple amplitude and overall water volume would increase, thereby decreasing wetness density in the overall container volume.

3. Spousal anger - I have found as my spouse gets angry with me, the overall wetness of the water I come in contact with becomes less wet. I have yet to determine a proper meter or test to measure this spousal anger parameter, but anecdotal evidence suggests that it, indeed, exists.

Hope this helps.

if you want wetness and ripple density i suggest adding 1 tang per 20 gallons so they can stir everything up for you, as they are very active fish. ive seen them in 10 gallon tanks so 20 per tang will insure they dont stress out from too much room, without being cruel.

everybody knows that only noobs have wet water. only the most experienced reefers have dry water. as for myself the average humidity in my tank is around 0.2% and its a 10 gallon with a school of five tangs and and mandarin dragonet. i dont have any live rock or live sand.

if you want wetness and ripple density i suggest adding 1 tang per 20 gallons so they can stir everything up for you, as they are very active fish. ive seen them in 10 gallon tanks so 20 per tang will insure they dont stress out from too much room, without being cruel.

so, I have 34 gallons toatal. I can not have 2 tangs then, so I need 1 tang plus a fraction. Do you know the best way to frag a tang, or cut a tang to make this fraction? I really don't want to crash my tank, but I do need my water to be wet!!!! :angry:

maybe this is my problem:

sevensheaven_ice-block.jpg

No Stevie... this can't be your problem.. you are actually at an advantage here. If you drop that cube into your tank the affective AND effective increase in nipple density and height will be off the charts. The result is extreme water wetness. Think tidal wave. The height at which you drop your cube will have a significant effect. The downside of this is that the overall affect has yet to be determined. Keep us posted!

so, I have 34 gallons toatal. I can not have 2 tangs then, so I need 1 tang plus a fraction. Do you know the best way to frag a tang, or cut a tang to make this fraction? I really don't want to crash my tank, but I do need my water to be wet!!!! :angry:

i use a hammer and a chisel. then i file down the rough edges.

Archived