Innovative Marine Aquariums

BioCube and Aquapod Products from inTank

StevieT

Is there any plans on a setup for the the media tray with the Saphire BC29?

can you snap a picture and attach of that skimmer in chamber #2? I need to see the working room with that skimmer installed.

otherwise I may make a basket for chamber no. 1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

StevieT - I ordered your media rack and fuge basket for my BC29 last week. Only AFTER I ordered did I see the fish saver - 'doh!

Question about that fish saver - I think you could modify it to serve two purposes - make it black, not clear. That way, it not only saves fish, but it would block out residual light from my fuge light from getting into the display - my fuge light is going to be under-canopy-mounted (Nanocustoms LED 2.1), and will be on only at night, along with my lunar lights, and I don't want to see the fuge lights!

I want to order a fish saver, but can you make mine black instead of clear?

Thanks!

Scott

can you snap a picture and attach of that skimmer in chamber #2? I need to see the working room with that skimmer installed.

otherwise I may make a basket for chamber no. 1

I have not received it yet, but I can try to get an image until I get mine in. Perhaps I can find some dimensions as well. Thanks a lot for the help!

5" x 2.5" x 12" is what I found on here

StevieT - I ordered your media rack and fuge basket for my BC29 last week. Only AFTER I ordered did I see the fish saver - 'doh!

Question about that fish saver - I think you could modify it to serve two purposes - make it black, not clear. That way, it not only saves fish, but it would block out residual light from my fuge light from getting into the display - my fuge light is going to be under-canopy-mounted (Nanocustoms LED 2.1), and will be on only at night, along with my lunar lights, and I don't want to see the fuge lights!

I want to order a fish saver, but can you make mine black instead of clear?

Thanks!

Scott

Scott-

Your racks shipped today, I also refunded you the extra shipping charges you paid from doing two seperate orders.

I can make them out of black, but don't have any acrylic in that color as of now. I will order some up and start to make some in that color, giving customers an option. Thanks for the idea, I can see why you would want it in that color. I will give you a heads up after I get them made up, I will order the acrylic right now.

Black acrylic ordered. With delivery and production I would give it 2 weeks before they are ready, possibly sooner depending on how fast they ship.

Black acrylic ordered. With delivery and production I would give it 2 weeks before they are ready, possibly sooner depending on how fast they ship.

First, I got the email about the credit for the shipping. I was like a kid in a candy store on your site that night, just moving too fast! Your response on that is what makes customers keep coming back, so thank you.

Second, definitely give me a heads up on the black fish saver and I will paypal you right away....too bad you refunded my shipping, we could have just held it for the fish saver!

Thanks again for the awesome service.

First, I got the email about the credit for the shipping. I was like a kid in a candy store on your site that night, just moving too fast! Your response on that is what makes customers keep coming back, so thank you.

Second, definitely give me a heads up on the black fish saver and I will paypal you right away....too bad you refunded my shipping, we could have just held it for the fish saver!

Thanks again for the awesome service.

No problem. No reason to overpay for anything in this hobby, we spend enough the way it is :D

With the way new orders work on the website the refunding works better, just keep the money in the paypal for it to pull from. The cost for the black fish savers will be the same, the acrylic is almost identical in price. I may just make them all black from now on since it is a great idea if you have a rear light or light from the top.

Stevie how much longer do you think the ap24 will take?

One more year! ;)

Orders on current products keep coming in, once something is designed the build process is easier than the design. I am working my best to get back to the AP rack, hang in there I appreciate the waiting. I would say 2-3 weeks, January is finally almost here and freed up so I can spend a lot of time on this business fingerscrossed . December was a mad house with the holidays and stupid weddings I had to attend :lol:

Once I get the flow correct in that rack from the top, we will be good to go. The jig is made up already so production will move along nicely.

stevie you just skipping work to day lol

no, I just got back from having almost an entire week off from the real job. I am on N-R all day anyway here at work since it fills in the slow times. My internet at work is messed up today so nothing can get done, I am running the computer off the blackberry just to have something going.

It is no fun. I must have wasted 2.5 hours just chasing the interent around yesterday trying to ship out orders. I could have made so much more if this wasn't so borken. Should be fixed tomorrow fingerscrossed

StevieT - in planning for my media rack and fuge basket arrival....

Watching the flow in my chamber #2 (middle), it seems that max flow is closest to the first chamber where the intakes are and where the water dumps in to chamber #2. So I am thinking that my fuge basket should go closest to that chamber as I have been reading that cheato likes a lot of flow. Then the media rack will go next to that, adjacent to chamber #3 where my pump and heater are. Agreed?

I wanted to ask because my fuge light came in today and I'd like to mount it tonight to the underside of the canopy, and need to be sure I get it directly over where my fuge basket is going to be.

In addition I am going to swap out my factory pump for a Maxi Jet 1200 tonight, so flow should get even better.

TIA.

The media basket is designed to go next to chamber one. It catches the flow into chamber two and forces it down into the basket through the shelves. The fuge basket should go next to chamber three. The flow is enough to grow chaeto, it will do fine in just about any condition as long as there is a little light.

You should add fresh salt water into the second chamber after installing to raise the level up.

Ok I am ready to place my order and check out now, but I wanted to find out about the waterlevel in chamber 2. My level is not very high at all, and was hoping to get some info as to how effective the fuge chamber will be with this water level.

The tank is a BC29 with the Maxijet 1200 pump. I almost checked out this morning, but I just had to ask the question first.

Ok I am ready to place my order and check out now, but I wanted to find out about the waterlevel in chamber 2. My level is not very high at all, and was hoping to get some info as to how effective the fuge chamber will be with this water level.

The tank is a BC29 with the Maxijet 1200 pump. I almost checked out this morning, but I just had to ask the question first.

Once you put stuff in that chamber and block flow, it will raise up. Also you need to add fresh salt water into chamber two to bring it up. It will find a level and hold, keeping chaeto and all media under water.

Just a side thought for the fuge... Would these work well so that you would not need to modify the tank? It may be too much but could they be incorperated into the design of the fuge rack? Just an idea..

http://www.oznium.com/thin-waterproof-ribbon

Yes, I have actually seen these before. From the contact I had with the person trying them in a small fuge, they did work.

You can also try these, they will fit without any mods such as scraping the paint.

http://www.discount-pumps.biz/pond-lights.htm

double5watt.jpg

Once you put stuff in that chamber and block flow, it will raise up. Also you need to add fresh salt water into chamber two to bring it up. It will find a level and hold, keeping chaeto and all media under water.

Yes, I have actually seen these before. From the contact I had with the person trying them in a small fuge, they did work.

You can also try these, they will fit without any mods such as scraping the paint.

http://www.discount-pumps.biz/pond-lights.htm

double5watt.jpg

Outstanding Placing order now!!

Update:

All fish guards that are shipping out will be done in BLACK.

I have some left that are done in clear but they will be scrapped since the black will block any incoming light from the rear. The new acrlyic will be delivered January 5th, 2009 and I will get working on making new guards after that date.

Happy new year all.

Steve,

I look forward to being able to get one for my 24g Aquapod.

One question for you, if you don't mind. How can I work a fuge into one of my back chambers in my tank? Right now I am going with the soap dish approach, and I really don't like the look. I looked at the link you posted for submersible lights and like that idea. How would you work one into my 2 chamber AP?

Thanks for any tips.

making a fuge in that tank will be easy with my rack.

If you look at the first chamber imagine a rack that is 112mm wide in the center of the intake. Then to the left of that if looking at the display you will have a lot of room for chaeto. You can put it right next to the rack as tall as it can grow. Just provide it light from the inside of the water or from the top and it will grow just fine.

I need a few employees so I can get time to get back to that rack :)

making a fuge in that tank will be easy with my rack.

If you look at the first chamber imagine a rack that is 112mm wide in the center of the intake. Then to the left of that if looking at the display you will have a lot of room for chaeto. You can put it right next to the rack as tall as it can grow. Just provide it light from the inside of the water or from the top and it will grow just fine.

I need a few employees so I can get time to get back to that rack :)

You can now add my name to the list of people that will pester you to design one. :)

Thanks for the tip. I look forward to getting one.

Here are some crude pictures of the Biocube 14 setup. This will clear up a little confusion on the extra pieces that are included with my products. Directions sheets are usually always included with every purchase, but either I build or I "waste" time on the sheets, I choose to build and it is causing a few problems, so I am sorry for that.

Better pictures to come and the website will be updated when the black acrylic arrives. The blue is just protective plastic taken off just before packing.

There is a rack in this setup, but the flow director is not there. I sent out every single one I had made up.

BC14Diagram.jpg

IMG_8755.jpg

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8757.jpg

IMG_8759.jpg

The slot cut on the Left side of the guard (if looking from the display) is for cords if you had an external pump in the tank, or other piece of equipment.

just found this can you PM me prices on the fuge and media racks along with the price on a fish saver for the BC29

thanks

PM sent, www.mediabaskets.com

Archived