ReefCleaners.org

BioCube and Aquapod Products from inTank

StevieT

Thank you for the pictures, they look great!

Looks like your cup is collecting skimmate already, and I have to say, I have never seen anyone install it like that, very interesting.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Placed my order for the BC14 media rack the other day. Looking forward to getting it in and running some more media on top and bottom. Haven't seen the final pics but I figured it will be a great addition and I have been waiting for this for a while.

Thanks StevieT

Placed my order for the BC14 media rack the other day. Looking forward to getting it in and running some more media on top and bottom. Haven't seen the final pics but I figured it will be a great addition and I have been waiting for this for a while.

Thanks StevieT

Awesome! Thank you for the order. I will be shipping them out tomorrow or Friday. I will try and get a few pictures up ASAP, I am building a bunch more right now and also working on other products/orders.

Awesome! Thank you for the order. I will be shipping them out tomorrow or Friday. I will try and get a few pictures up ASAP, I am building a bunch more right now and also working on other products/orders.

I know it's gonna be awesome. I'll post pics once it comes in.

I know it's gonna be awesome. I'll post pics once it comes in.

Thank you, and thanks for waiting for me to get to the BC14s

Do you have some pictures on how the fit and flow would go in the aquapod 24?

I do not have a final rack done for this tank yet. But it goes under the intake grate in chamber one. IT forces water down the rack and you no longer have to mess with those block off pieces on that huge intake.

so, any plans for a media rack for 12G AquaPods?

Yes, but I have to finalize the AP24 first and stock up on my other products.

I have the AP12 in my shop, still in the box. I will crack it open and have a peak soon, after the holidays. I probably will have a fish guard for this tank as well.

Can't wait to see pics of the BC8 version :)

I have actually had the 8 done for a while now, but it kind of never took off and I never promoted it either, I got caught up in other tanks.

Let me look for some pictures

QUOTE (Yes, but I have to finalize the AP24 first and stock up on my other products. I have the AP12 in my shop, still in the box. I will crack it open and have a peak soon, after the holidays. I probably will have a fish guard for this tank as well.)

Cool. I can wait, no hurry. I'm not even using my AP12 right now. But I'd love to give your rack a try once they're ready!

Cool. I can wait, no hurry. I'm not even using my AP12 right now. But I'd love to give your rack a try once they're ready!

Great, I will keep you informed when I finally get the this rack. What chamber do you think is the best? I haven't even opened it up yet but from pictures it is different from the AP 24. It looks like there is two in the middle, so this tank may get a media rack and fuge basket, like the biocube 29

Pictures of BC14 media racks tomorrow morning. Orders are shipping as well.

thank you all for waiting

I'm going home now, it's late :)

Ok, Finally!

Here are pictures of the BC14 media rack. This explains the options that this rack gives you. The BC14 and BC8 are the same in opperation with size being the only difference. The BC8 is 12mm less wide and a few mm less deep.

Every Biocube rack comes with it own individually designed stay hold/water director piece. This directs water into the top area of the rack and also holds it in place. Because the Biocube chambers have lips around them, then the area below is larger, this is needed for proper opperation.

On these pictures the stay hold piece is just a bit farther over the first shelf than what you will see in your tank. This was because I had to ballance it to take the picture.

All Biocbue racks are four sided, with one being removable that runs on a track for easy access to media. They are water tight to force flow down into the rack through media, greatly increasing filtration vs laying media on the bottom of a chamber.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Both the BC8 and 14 are ready for sale, I will update the website ASAP with pictures. I have a stocking level and will be increasing it this coming weekend during a production run.

IMG_8208.jpg

StayHold.jpg

RemovableSide.jpg

Config1.jpg

Config2.jpg

config3.jpg

WOW -- I haven't been paying attention to your development efforts on the BC14. I love the flexible configurations for chaeto and/or media. The Biocube's little tray (the one that fits on top of chamber 2) has been nothing but trouble for me -- algae and calcium buildup causes constant maintenance. Without it, there is a noisy waterfall from chamber one to two. Your design looks like an elegant solution. I can't wait to install mine!

Thanks Jim, your rack will ship this coming week.

I understand the waterfall sound, I see that in my research tank. With this rack, the floss is up high and that is eliminated. The water director forces it to the middle area of the first part of the rack (if divided).

Side note: The water director only works if you remove the blockage piece in chamber one. Almost all owners of this tank have done this, but I will post pictures of that process soon, and it will be included in the directions with the product.

<--------- Pictures of the BioCube 14 rack one page back

• 2 weeks later...

Stevie, I may have asked before but don't remember, how much do you expect the ap24 rack to be. Also you said you don't need to worry about the sliding blocker things, does this mean you take them all out or what? reason is I cut my top one in half to get the right water level. My bro tore down his ap24 so i can get a new one if needed.

The racks will be around 50-60 including shipping.

The reason you won't have to worry about them is that the rack will slide into that channel and block the water on it's own! I am making sure they work so you can get your water level correct in the rear chambers and display.

Hey my media rack came in. I havn't had a chance to open it yet. I am at work and yesterday I was snowboarding. Didn't want to open it without a camera nearby to take pics and post them. I'll see what I can do about installing it asap but it will more than likely be after Christmas.

Thanks for everything StevieT

I had to go home last night because I got a call from my mom that my tank was leaking. She had put water in chamber 3 because it was sucking air. My second chamber wasn't allowing enough water to flow through it resulting in a higher water level in the tank. My tank started to leak water all over the desk it is on. I had to empty half of the tank, move the tank on the other side of the desk, and I decided to install my media basket without a camera handy.

First impressions of the media basket were that it was packaged extremely well. Nothing was broken. I put some filter floss in the top level, with purigen in the middle, and the chaeto in the bottom with filter floss on the lower egg crate to keep the chaeto from moving into chamber 3. The media rack saved me. I don't know where I should add my chemipure bag, because my chaeto is on the bottom. I might have to trim my chaeto and put it in the middle level. I'll see if I can't snap a few shots. I won't be at my mom's till tomorrow night and I still need to finish Christmas shopping.

I'll try and get picks for everyone to see by Friday but no guarantees.

Just wanted to let everyone know I received StevieTs' fish saver for my BC29 today! It was very well packaged and it fit like a glove! No more chamber diving for my fish!! Good Job Stevie! :)

On another note, I was ready to order a media rack 'til I saw that it has to go in chamber 2. Unfortunately, this won't work for me because I have a Sapphire skimmer ( the earlier model ), and it takes up almost all of the room in the middle chamber. Any way to make one for chamber #1, like you originally intended to do?

so the subject says AQUAPOD but i dont see any on the site ? Are they real :)

It is all for marketing :lol:

working as fast as I can, with the website sales have increased, taking time away from design and wrapping it up in production.

On another note, I was ready to order a media rack 'til I saw that it has to go in chamber 2. Unfortunately, this won't work for me because I have a Sapphire skimmer ( the earlier model ), and it takes up almost all of the room in the middle chamber. Any way to make one for chamber #1, like you originally intended to do?

Possibly..... I need to get to the aquapod tanks first. The "problem" with the first chamber is that it doesn't force water trough media, and it also needs to hide media away from the intake areas, so you can't see them from the display.

I will probably come up with something down the road, it will help the Sapphire owners out since that thing takes up the entire second chamber.

Archived