Coral Vue Hydros

BioCube and Aquapod Products from inTank

StevieT

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is the problem with that design.

I am going about this wrong.

How about that design just not so thick across,that way you can get the Tunze in there and it will hold itself with a stay hold piece down the middle wall.

I should just man up and thermoform them on a jig. All I need is is to make the jig and get an oven.

I got with some of my service mechanics tonight and we figured out a way to thermoform the AP24 fish savers.

They will be releasing soon. I need to have a metal fab shop next to me make up two jigs. After that a few protoypes and then production.

4mm thick, allows for Tunze, media rack etc in the chambers. Will match the crazy bends of the rear wall.

tks alot stevie, i appreciate you taking the time to make things to work out with the different pods

thats the problem with the ap24 the stupid bends.

I want them to work with all customer tanks, no matter what their config is. It is a pain and time consuming to make different models of the same product, may as well do it right from the start.

Thanks for waiting and realizing that it wouldn't work with the Tunze. I will update status on this thread.

Hey Stevie,

Any update on a rack that will fit in Chamber 1 of the BC29 with the heater in there? I have the Sapphire skimmer in Chamber 2.

One thing I have noticed is keeping the filter down slightly below the top of the water in that 1st chamber allows the surface to skim better.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark-

Thanks for checking in. I have not even thought about it yet. I have other projects that need to be completed first and with the upcoming move, it has to be put on hold.

It is a tough spot to put a rack, it can be done but I have to think of a way to do it right. I don't want to make something subpar. I will be coming back to this area of the biocube 29 in the spring.

Stevie

I just sat & read all 11 pages.Wow nice products! Just curious, it says you need to remove the false floor in chamber #2 on a 29 gal Biocube to put the media rack in.Why is that?

Stevie

I just sat & read all 11 pages.Wow nice products! Just curious, it says you need to remove the false floor in chamber #2 on a 29 gal Biocube to put the media rack in.Why is that?

Yes, you do. The false floor is a drip tray for the crappy bioballs. When you remove it you get a lot more space. If you didn't the rack would be maybe two shelves if that. With it remove you have room for a nice tall rack to put lots of goodies inside.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

and to all the AP24 owners. I have a little treat for you, well two, coming very very very soon. :D:D

Stevie, how much longer do yu expect for the ap24 rack? I can wait however long it is though, too bad the back chambers are so small, no chance for a fuge right? I was just going to hang on an aquaclear or something.

Stevie, how much longer do yu expect for the ap24 rack? I can wait however long it is though, too bad the back chambers are so small, no chance for a fuge right? I was just going to hang on an aquaclear or something.

Couple of weeks max. I am sending out a prototype for testing. I don't want to experiment in customers tanks, just my chosen one and my research tank.

The rack is rather large. You can easily grow chaeto in the middle or bottom chamber with an under water light. I may be looking into the other chamber to make a fuge rack for.

I was here very late last night working on this rack, I am really excited about it, best rack yet.

I am sending out a prototype for testing. I don't want to experiment in customers tanks, just my chosen one and my research tank.

Ohh can I be the guinea pig for the 12g nano cube when you get around to making them? Pretty please? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Stevie, as you know I just purchased a AP24 and plan on assembling everything the second week of March...could I pre-order your new rack so that I'll have it by say March 9th-10th? Also does the rack also close off the "weir" openings ans create a true surface skimmer? That's kind of what I envisioned after looking at the pics.....

Stevie, as you know I just purchased a AP24 and plan on assembling everything the second week of March...could I pre-order your new rack so that I'll have it by say March 9th-10th? Also does the rack also close off the "weir" openings ans create a true surface skimmer? That's kind of what I envisioned after looking at the pics.....

I am sure we can work something out. The only issue I have with the rack right now it to make sure it works with the fish saver that I am starting to test.

Shoot me a PM when you are ready to order and I can make something for you. The rack is being tested in two tanks right now and I would like to move to production ASAP before I move so I have some stock.

Yes the rack will close off the opening and create surface skimming. It slides down that track so you no longer need any plastic pieces that they include.

I received my B14 media Rack and Fish Guard from Steve about 3 weeks ago. I cannot set up my tank yet due to stuff going on at home but I've been meaning to email you, Steve, to let you know it all arrived safely and it looks great. I can't wait to put it to use! Great to do business with InTank!!

Good to hear butt of a puffer!

I wish you well with the tank if you ever get it set up :D

Butt of a Puffer...hmmm, that almost sound poetic. :0

And I WILL get my tank set up, I will, I will!

Just got my biocube 29 yesterday and this looks really cool. I'm completely new to this but from what I'm catching in the forums I already think I want one! (I'll have to take the bioballs out though as I guess it is better to just use the live rock and use the 2nd chamber for other media)

Just got my biocube 29 yesterday and this looks really cool. I'm completely new to this but from what I'm catching in the forums I already think I want one! (I'll have to take the bioballs out though as I guess it is better to just use the live rock and use the 2nd chamber for other media)

Let me know if you have any questions. Do not replace your bioballs with live rock rubble (if that is what you meant). This can lead to nitrates. Your live rock in the display will give you all the bio filtration you need.

Here are two examples of how you can set up a BC29 with my products

Media rack and Fuge:

http://www.mediabaskets.com/Product_Demonstration.html

Media Rack and skimmer:

http://www.mediabaskets.com/Demo_Rack_with_Tunze.html

-Steve

inTank

StevieT, do you make an acrylice overflow box for the BC29G.I'm trying to come up with something so that i don't have to empty my tank , and drill the back glass. I've read that they are easy to make, but I can't find any info on this product. Is it even possiable?, and do you make them ?

no, I do not and I do not have plans to make anything like this. Sapphire aquatics has on on their website

http://sapphireaquatics.com/onlinestore/in...p;products_id=7

kind of spendy, I am sure you could come up with something, but take in the cost of materials and tools needed.

try nano-reef.com/search I am sure someone has a DIY article on one, I will keep my eyes out.

You could also contact thecowkid I think he is trying to get into these boxes.

Archived