Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BioCube and Aquapod Products from inTank

StevieT

New fish guards in Black!

IMG_8777.jpg

BC29FSGuidePic.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

Also, with the new year brings some color into my products. All racks will be transitioned using a touch of color on the braces. This will translate into the BioCube and Aquapod products as current stock/cut pieces are sold out.

I know once you put it into the tank you never see it again, but why not have a little fun before that?

Teaser2.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice work so far. im with the others waiting for the AP24 fish saver and media box. quick question on position will it be able to fit in the first chamer if i currently run the tunze doc skimmer right behind the overflows or is that where the media basket is going to be?... cant wait to see the final product.

The media rack will go behind the intake so there will not be room for the skimmer, there will be room for a fuge. The media rack is often an alternative to a skimmer as far as filtration. You may be able to get the skimmer over to the other chamber but the pump would have to be moved.

I will keep everyone posted when I get done with this rack. Currently products already released are selling very well and that is taking up a lot of my time. New production methods are now in place for 2009 to make up for this. Instead of making say 15 of an item, I am making 50-100. Sounds crazy but it should keep everything instock and allow me to design further products.

Thanks for the interest.

New images of the fish guard, don't mind my dirty research tank :D

Shows height of the fish guard. It goes up to the top of the splash guard around the lights, the angle I had to take at don't show that the best.

IMG_8784.jpg

IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

Well I did this as a custom job for a customer that had a jaw fish. It really isn't "needed" but it is 100% security. So, if everyone else likes it, I think I will included it with all new orders.

If it hasn't shipped yet, yes it will be. The current fish saver has a gap between the splash guard and the saver. Now it would be pretty hard for anything find this gap, then turn then land in the chambers, but fish are cazy!

New images of the fish guard, don't mind my dirty research tank :D

Shows height of the fish guard. It goes up to the top of the splash guard around the lights, the angle I had to take at don't show that the best.

IMG_8784.jpg

IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

Steve. is there a way I can get a piece to go on my original fish saver?

Thanks

Steve. is there a way I can get a piece to go on my original fish saver?

Thanks

yes. Shoot me a PM and we can work that out, you can use super glue to attach it to the top of your fish saver.

I should have though of this sooner :)

The new top pieces will be done in black to blend in and to block out further light from a fuge. All new orders will have the top piece, the picture shows clear since I don't have any scrap black as of yet since it is so new. I have a lot of clear!

Finally unboxed the AP 12 that was purchased long ago.

You guys helped this collection happen, so thank you and GFY for all the late nights and weekends :P

IMG_8890.jpg

IMG_8891.jpg

nice collection of tanks. cant wait to see the AP products. im using eggcrate right now as my fish saver and i am getting tired of having to move and readjust it since it doesnt fit well.

After looking at the AP12, fish savers are a must, I can't believe how easy it is for a fish or CUC to get back there! I will be onto AP tanks this weekend, FINALLY!!!!!!!

IMG_8821.jpg

Hey - that looks familiar! Ha!

I'm the mystery customer who owns the Fish Saver pictured here -- I just couldn't risk having my Blue Spotted Jawfish squeezing his way through the previous gap. As unlikely as it sounds, I didn't want to risk it - so Steve engineered this new version.

I installed it yesterday - and it is literally PERFECT. Someone should send one of these to Oceanic and ask them why the HELL they didn't think of this when they built these tanks :)

Someone should send one of these to Oceanic and ask them why the HELL they didn't think of this when they built these tanks :)

yeah, lets not do that ;)

New design on the BC8/14 Fish guards. Picture is for a Biocube 8. BC 14 is much taller and extends past the light splash guard, also has a cord notch on the left side

IMG_8899.jpg

BC8FSGuide.jpg

I just wanted to update all that are waiting for the AP products.

Right now I am putting it on hold until I receive more information. I may be moving my office and need to concentrate on current products and that possible move.

As most know the move would also mean moving my tank so time needs to be budgeted correctly. Design and research on racks takes time and right now I won't have it.

This could all change, it could all go away and I hope so, but I doubt that will be the case as with the current economic situation large companies are making dumb moves that actually cost them more money. It saves face and is a "see look what we did" type of thing to the shareholders.

I have all plans to get back with the AquaPod products ASAP, designs are there but the time to build more prototypes is not. I want to still offer products to the BC and RSM customers as well as the custom Tunze cups so stocking up on all current products is key to avoid lead times on delivery.

I appreciate the opportunity to build something from scratch and being able to do that in the current economy is special.

Just came by to brag on Stevie T's fine craftmanship.

I just got my Biocube 8 Media/fuge rack.

affordably priced and really well built.. and the water diverter is genius.

if you were thinking of making a purchase.. just go ahead and do it.

amazing unit for my new cube.

Thanks Stevie T.

Stevie, the ap12 does need a fish saver bad! I used to have a small 6-line in my ap12 prop tank tank the proper water level is like right at the top of the false wall, I stuck my arm in the tank and it rose the water enough to pull him back there. I spent 15min trying to get him out, luckily he decided to jump back in. But if you had a jawfish or goby they'd be back there all the time. When my mom had an ap12 every fish she had got back there.

Stevie, the ap12 does need a fish saver bad! I used to have a small 6-line in my ap12 prop tank tank the proper water level is like right at the top of the false wall, I stuck my arm in the tank and it rose the water enough to pull him back there. I spent 15min trying to get him out, luckily he decided to jump back in. But if you had a jawfish or goby they'd be back there all the time. When my mom had an ap12 every fish she had got back there.

I can see that from my research tank. The AP 12 fish saver is much easier in design than the AP24.

With the current situation with my other job I am holding off on the AP products. Yet a fish saver is easier to design and mass produce if it is straight like in the AP12. Plus it is a cheaper investment to myself unlike media baskets which generate multiple prototypes. I am about 95% sure I will have one soon, possibly this weekend as I am stocked up on most other products and have the time to design and build one.

I will keep everyone posted on this thread. I understand the need for one and will get it out ASAP.

I am still shocked that someone would design a tank that a fish can jump into the filtration chambers, but we will fix that very soon.

ap24 plz and who is this stevieT fellow

AP24 is hard, but I am up for the challange. Their rear wall design is tricky.

Answer me this. Is it a problem to cover some of the filtration area? I don't need to cover the entire thing, maybe just half, and if I had to do more I would add in cord access.

I am thinking this way I can actually acomplish a guard without thermoforming anything which I can not do yet.

I will include a drawing in a minute of what I am thinking.

Ok, give me feedback on this design. It would prevent fish from jumping into the rear chambers. It would block light. It can be removed easily to access the chambers. The orange sticks up, the black is the part that covers the chamber.

All black in color when complete.

AP24FS.jpg

Archived