Top Shelf Aquatics

BioCube and Aquapod Products from inTank

StevieT

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Mark-

Thanks for checking in. I have not even thought about it yet. I have other projects that need to be completed first and with the upcoming move, it has to be put on hold.

It is a tough spot to put a rack, it can be done but I have to think of a way to do it right. I don't want to make something subpar. I will be coming back to this area of the biocube 29 in the spring.

Okay, do you have one that will fit in chamber 1 at all? I moved the heater in the tank display. One of your submersible lights and chaeto down on the first shelf would be really Nice!

no, I do not have any products to fit into chamber one at this time. The majority of customers do not do anything but a heater in that chamber so right now it doesn't make any financial sense to offer a chamber one product. Possibly down the road it will when I get a free moment to design something but I am going to keep releasing products for other tanks. A Chamber one media rack does not fit into the overall function of my products.

Just read this whole thread. I bounced a few questions back and forth to StevieT today, and he answered me literally in minutes. That's good service. Although, if I would have read this in the first place, I wouldn't have needed to bug him so much. Couple more questions, though. My setup is a 29 BC. I have a Sunpod, so open top, and a Tunze skimmer.

1) Is the fish guard still helpful, and will it work if I have cut off the tab between chambers 1 and 2?

2) I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, but will the media basket work fine w/ the stock cup in an open top situation?

Thanks.

1. Yes. If you look at the height of your water in relation to the height of the rear chamber you can see how easy it is for a snail, fish or other to jump or move back into that area.

The fish saver will still work if you remove the divider piece, more than 50% of customers do remove that area and I offer a choice when ordering if you did remove it or not. This is in relation to a 'stay hold' piece for the rack. If you remove it you get a longer 'stay hold' to direct water into the center of the top shelf.

2. Yep, the rack is not dependent on the cup. The cup is so you can fit the simmer withough modding the hood. They are not related at all.

wow Stevie!! I just looked at your website again after getting my tax return ;) it looks awesome!! you've added so many new products, I have to give you props for really thinking out all the issues with all-in-ones!!! I shouldn't say issues, but you've found a way to make them even better! BRAVA!!

Thank you! If I didn't have a real job I would get to all the other AIOs that are popular. Thanks for stopping by

no, I do not have any products to fit into chamber one at this time. The majority of customers do not do anything but a heater in that chamber so right now it doesn't make any financial sense to offer a chamber one product. Possibly down the road it will when I get a free moment to design something but I am going to keep releasing products for other tanks. A Chamber one media rack does not fit into the overall function of my products.

Thanks for the update. Just ordered the fish saver and the submersible lights from your website. The lights are actually for my 9G, but do you think you could grow chaeto in chamber 1 of the BC29 with those lights? Maybe I should have ordered 2 :huh:

you could grow chaeto anywhere with the lights but I personally wouldn't in chamber one. Depending on your rock work you may be able to see it from the display. Up to you really.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey StevieT,

I'm wanting to order a couple of products for my BC 29: Fish guard and Media basket (w/ tunze option). They are both "out of stock". What is the wait time on these guys? Thanks.

BGB

Hey StevieT,

I'm wanting to order a couple of products for my BC 29: Fish guard and Media basket (w/ tunze option). They are both "out of stock". What is the wait time on these guys? Thanks.

BGB

Per the website:

"I have made the decision to close inTank for about one month while I move. Closing date is March 9, 2009. All current open orders will be shipped out in a normal process I just can't keep up with current demand during the moving process. Products will be back up for sale ASAP after inTank is settled back in it's new location. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

Give me 2-3 more weeks. I am going to start producing again this week or the next but will not open until I have inventory. I will put you on my contact list so you know when inTank is open again.

Give me 2-3 more weeks. I am going to start producing again this week or the next but will not open until I have inventory. I will put you on my contact list so you know when inTank is open again.

How about the fuge lights? Can you get them up for sale earlier than the 2-3 weeks?

possibly. Right now everything is a mess and in boxes. I don't even have a thermal printer set up to print shipping labels. The lights can go up early since I do have those in-stock, where they are well that is another story :D

• 3 months later...
LivingStrong08

Stevie T,

Quick questions, with your complete media rack/fuge set up, when I install this should I slowly removie bioballs, or pull em all out and follow your directions for complete set up?

I read on here that I could send my tank back into a cycle?

Thanks!

Timmy G

Stevie T,

Quick questions, with your complete media rack/fuge set up, when I install this should I slowly removie bioballs, or pull em all out and follow your directions for complete set up?

I read on here that I could send my tank back into a cycle?

Thanks!

Timmy G

How long has your tank been set up? If for over a few months then take a handful out at a time so the bacteria can play catch up. Your tank would probably be fine if you removed them all but it is better to be safe and do it slowly. You can do about 1/3 every week

LivingStrong08
How long has your tank been set up? If for over a few months then take a handful out at a time so the bacteria can play catch up. Your tank would probably be fine if you removed them all but it is better to be safe and do it slowly. You can do about 1/3 every week

My Tank is on day 14 now, It will be less that 31 days old, when I install the Media basket, fuge, etc..

So should I still slowly remove?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a set. Can't wait till it gets here. I have my chaeto growing in chamber 1 with my heater. I can see the glow of my 5w submersables in the vents. Can't wait to get rid of that! And the random Chaeto tenticle poking out of the vents...

Archived