ReefCleaners.org

BioCube and Aquapod Products from inTank

StevieT

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you keep your water at this level? I have an 8 gallon BC. Chamber 2 and 3 are lower than 1.
Just keep adding water next time you do a water change. I haven't figured out why they had a min/max level on this thing. I've got an 8 gal bio that I've finally got brave enough to use the second chamber for media. Altho I still use the OEM filter in chamber 1 too. I don't really need a heater as I live in the desert and I spend most of my time trying to keep the water COOL not heat it up.

I'm interested in a rack for the second chamber for the 8 gal. Something that can hold a bag of Chemi-pure, purigen and filter floss perhaps? Don't really see a need for a fuge.. . ..

I agree, the water min max line seems to be a total waste!

The rack for the BC8 will give you a choice of what you want to run. Floss, or chateo or both on top, then other media bellow.

The BC14 and 8 will be in my shop Monday/Tuesday, I will probably have a chance to look at prototype racks this coming weekend.

Just keep adding water next time you do a water change. I haven't figured out why they had a min/max level on this thing. I've got an 8 gal bio that I've finally got brave enough to use the second chamber for media. Altho I still use the OEM filter in chamber 1 too. I don't really need a heater as I live in the desert and I spend most of my time trying to keep the water COOL not heat it up.

I'm interested in a rack for the second chamber for the 8 gal. Something that can hold a bag of Chemi-pure, purigen and filter floss perhaps? Don't really see a need for a fuge.. . ..

OK, want to make sure I understand...because I just did a water change and I put water into chamber 3 which then sent it out into the display tank. if I add water to chamber 2 then it will stay at that level? Did you make any mods to chamber 1? I still keep the stock filter cartridge in there too. So you are saying instead of minding the "max" level add more water until chamber 2 and 3 are full. and it wont overflow the back wall.

Thanks for the help! OK, Stevie...now it's your turn!

If the water levels act anything like the BC29, then adding water to the second chamber helps a lot. If you just add it to the tank or chamber three, it doesn't up the level since the pump expells faster than can be replenished.

Try adding it to chamber 2, it should hold at a higher level.

Sneak peak!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) I am so impressed with this one.

This is a 4 sided rack. Since it doesnt sit flush in the chambers becuase of the plastic groves that extend out of the top and middle area of the chamber. So in order to force water through the rack like with my others, it needs to be boxed in.

This holds the issue that how do you change media if it is boxed in?! Stevie's got you!

Once side is removable, it slides down on a track. This rack also likes to sway to the right in the tank because of the flow pattern. So I have come up with a piece that holds it in place, and is removable for chaging media and also for shipping concerns since it stick out.

TO change media, just slide up the one side to access the middle and bottom shelve. Since floss is changed all the time, the top is accessible at all times without removing the media rack.

this is a prototype so craftmanship is a bit sloppy, production models will look much nicer.

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

Here you can see the bottom of the removable side, and the grove in which it slides in.

IMG_7759.jpg

IMG_7760.jpg

IMG_7761.jpg

Stay hold piece, the groove is to slide into the plastic divider between chamber 1 and 2. It also directs the water into the middle of the rack.

IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_7764.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

All pieces to this media rack

IMG_7766.jpg

IMG_7767.jpg

Fuge rack for this tank to come next.....

Looks good. Just like the RSM rack with a few extra "special" pieces! Good job. Now get going on the 8 gallon fuge/media!!

J/K. I know there are more 29 and 14s out there. I'll just have to wait my turn....

looks nice, now you need to make me one for the aquapod 24. :D

after the BioCubes, Aquapods and nanocubes will be next! It takes about 2 weeks of design before anything is ready for production, so hopefully in a few months!

after the BioCubes, Aquapods and nanocubes will be next! It takes about 2 weeks of design before anything is ready for production, so hopefully in a few months!

Looks really nice Stevie. Hopefully the BC14 isn't too far away from being designed.

SWEET!

How much do you plan to sell these for?

I am not sure yet as I figure in material costs and labor time. On a production scale I will see how fast I can make them. As a guess, around $50 shipped for the rack

I am not sure yet as I figure in material costs and labor time. On a production scale I will see how fast I can make them. As a guess, around $50 shipped for the rack

Sounds good, put me down for a BC14 one. Looking forward to this StevieT. Thanks for your contributions to the reef community. :D

Looks great SteveT. I have a Remora skimmer and need to know how much of chamber two is used and if any of the rack sticks above the water line. I have my false floor removed but others may not. They may like a shorter rack. Then the water would flow straight through the bottom.

Looks great SteveT. I have a Remora skimmer and need to know how much of chamber two is used and if any of the rack sticks above the water line. I have my false floor removed but others may not. They may like a shorter rack. Then the water would flow straight through the bottom.

The rack right now is about 4 inches wide. You need to remove the false wall for any of this to work. Water levels differ in tanks but if you have a remora, I believe the water will sit OK for the water line. The top of the rack is mostly out of water, the water enters the floss which will be wet from that. the lower two shelves are under the water.

If I remember correctly, the Remora is about 4.7" wide, my rack is just under 4 and the second chamber is 9 total. So, they both can fit. If there is an issue, I can do custom orders and make a skinnier rack to accommodate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aquapod 24 purchased tonight

Can you make one fit in the second chamber of the biocube 14?

:naughtydance::happydance::bowdown::bowdown:;);)

you know it!

All media racks will go in the second chamber of the BioCube tanks. I have all three tanks in my shop at this time and have prototypes for all tanks. After testing phase, mass production and up for sale.

Remember, right now I do EVERYTHING on my own and also have a "real" job.

All biocube racks will have an option for a fuge. The 14 and 8 models will be one rack per tank. The 29 will have two racks if wanted, one fuge and one media. The smaller tanks will have a fuge/media rack. If you don't want a fuge, you can run media only.

Would the estimated cost of $50 be any less for the BC8 model? Very good idea here... but I might make it myself, unless of course the cost makes sense

Would the estimated cost of $50 be any less for the BC8 model? Very good idea here... but I might make it myself, unless of course the cost makes sense

Yes, The BC8 and maybe even the 14 will be less in cost. I calculate eveything to include shipping. So on the BC29 rack, it is actually around $38 plus shipping.

The cost of materials if you were only going to make one rack would most likely be higher. You have to buy full sheets of acrylic, a full sheet of egg crate, so you will have some waste. Not to mention that for it to force water through the rack takes inclosing it in.

Archived