Pod Your Reef

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef - AP24 skimmers are almost ready. Looks like pricing will remain the same. Factoring in the additional cost of the Neodymium magnets and the time to cast them in acrylic so they are waterproof prohibits me from lowering the price. Sorry to break the bad news to you, but, the beta skimmers are producing very well!

No problem kyle, it's till cheaper than any of the "good" nano skimmers out there.

I'm going out of town for a few days, so I have to wait to order my new sapphire toys until I am close to returning from vacation.

I am going to purchase the overflow, sump, and media reactor. For the smaller sump, is the water level designed to be compatible with any of the skimmers? What skimmer do you suggest for the smaller sump?

Thanks,

John

shrimphombre - The soon to be released NC12 skimmer will not fit in the original skimmer chamber either as that chamber is only 2.25" x 2.5".

in which chamber will it fit in a 14 gallon biocube ? i dont see the nc 12 skimmer in your online store when will it be added

Thanks

Frank

Sapphire Aquatics

frankyV - Nanotuners pre-orders will be filled first in the order they were placed.

skimmerdude - The BC29 or NC24 skimmer will work, or we will be releasing a larger line very soon as well. I have a 4" and a 6" version in the works. Small footprint, low energy consumption, big performance.

I uploaded some videos of the nano reactor and one of the beta AP24/ NC28 skimmers here.

This is the 4" version running for 3 days in the 20 gallon display with a 10 gallon sump here at the shop.

post-22369-1229991856_thumb.jpg

jsindorf - Your BC29 skimmer is being drop shipped from here later today. We are also sending a stock order to Nanotuners so they will have them on hand for future orders.

slowdog - The small NC12/BC14 skimmers are almost ready. We are waiting for pumps to arrive. The BC8 is causing some problems since the entire skimmer can only be 11" tall, and that's including the 2.5" height of the pump. Getting it in there is no problem but containing the bubbles in such a small space is no easy task. I am working on getting these out.

Hi,

just want to get an update to where you are with the NC12 , U received the pump, when do U expect to start shipping them out??

Thanks, and have a Happy Holiday

frankyV - Nanotuners pre-orders will be filled first in the order they were placed.

skimmerdude - The BC29 or NC24 skimmer will work, or we will be releasing a larger line very soon as well. I have a 4" and a 6" version in the works. Small footprint, low energy consumption, big performance.

I uploaded some videos of the nano reactor and one of the beta AP24/ NC28 skimmers here.

This is the 4" version running for 3 days in the 20 gallon display with a 10 gallon sump here at the shop.

Still need to know if the nc12 skimmer will fit in the intake chamber of a BC-14(media chamber) my middle chamber is full of live rock and chaeto .The 3 chamber has the return pump and heater.

thxs and Merry Xmass

Kyle (sapphire aquatics) - Is your shopping cart broken? I tried ordering the BC29 skimmer just now and got errors :(

----------------------

Chris (nanocustoms) - I see your site still mentions pre-sales for the BC29 sapphire skimmer... is that still the case or do you actually have some in stock?

----------------------

I really needed one of these several months ago and had been patiently waiting on the sapphire skimmers to start shipping so I could order one. I finally have Christmas cash to order one this weekend!

Sapphire Aquatics

frankyV - The skimmer will not fit in the first, right, chamber. The water level in that chamber is too high and only leaves about 2" of room between the water line and the hood. The live rock can easily be relocated to the first chamber if you remove the small plastic grate.

CorvetteJoe - I am working on the store today so hopefully I will be able to correct that. Nanotuners does have some in stock. Either way we both appreciate your business.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sapphire aquatics (Kyle)

Two quick questions will the nano reactor fit in chamber 1 of the BC14 and still close the stock hood?

whats your estimate of when the NC12 will be shipping out?

Thanks, Rick

post-40767-1230340235_thumb.jpg

This was single handedly the most frustrating order process I have ever been through.

I seriously hope this skimmer is as good as everyone raves about it being.

Kyle, your order cart is still broken (won't take ANY payment methods)

I ended up grabbing it from NanoCustoms since both of you seem to be very active on these forums... might as well give y'all my business :)

Chris, I assume both NanoCustoms/Tuners are the same company? Very confusing, but anyway, neither take credit cards and paypal is a hassle. Needless to say, I got my order in. Hopefully it gets here in the next month before I move.

Thanks guys.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and that the new year brings you lots of new sales for each of you.

I tried to purchase the overflow box, media reactor, and pico sump today, but the purchase process would not work. Any suggestions on how to order? Should I just make a phone call? My preference would be to pay with paypal.

Thanks,

John

ETA for NC28 skimmer? I want something for the middle chamber and want to run that media reactor in the current skimmer chamber.

BTW: Any reason why people with 12/14 gallon tanks want to spend $120 bucks on a skimmer?

BTW: Any reason why people with 12/14 gallon tanks want to spend $120 bucks on a skimmer?

Have you been speaking with my wife? I don't see why the size of the tank should dictate the amount of $$ you are willing to spend. If you are short on cash you probably cant set up a 200 gallon tank, but I would also argue that a 10 gallon might be too much financially. If you want a small tank, it does not mean you don't want the best/nicest small tank you can design.

ETA for NC28 skimmer? I want something for the middle chamber and want to run that media reactor in the current skimmer chamber.

I would think if I had a 12/14 gallon tank with SPS, that cost wouldn't be of a concern. JMO.

Kyle, is it possible to run a NC24 on an OPEN TOP AP24? The reason i say this is that aren't the skimmer's the same diemensions just not the same height?

tmelhiser - I would suggest moving your live rock rubble to the first chamber. This will keep water moving past the live rock and prevent detritus from settling on the rock. Ideally we would want random flow in the rear chambers to help keep the detritus in suspension, as opposed to the laminar flow we now have, but for now we all just have to siphon it out during water changes. As for the third, return chamber, we are working on a pico media reactor to run carbon or phosphate remover.

skimmerdude - Thank you, I am also excited to move this company in a whole new direction. I sent basser1 a PM explaining that there would be a retro-kit offered once the impellers arrive, I should have repeated that here. The kit will contain the necessary pvc fittings, the pump, the mesh impeller, the modified venturi/volute, and the hand made silencer.

Kyle, any idea on when the retro-kit can be purchased? ;)

Solana Skimmer questions...

I need to find a quieter and more effective skimmer. What seems to be the most annoying is the loud hum from the pump. Must be the vibration of the skimmer's plastic walls against the glass.

Those who own the Sapphire skimmer (doesn't have to be Solana) is it quieter than what you replaced it with?

Also, what chamber does the skimmer sit in for the Solana?

Thanks..

I have the NC24 and it is very quiet. Makes about as much noise as another MJ return pump.

Anyway I've had mine for about two weeks and it works very well. Took a couple days to start producing, and about a week for the micro bubbles to settle down, but now it pulls quite a bit of junk from a tank with only CUC and 1 fish.

What I want to know is, does the BC29R have that cheap rubber ring that holds the collection cup in place or does it slip down over the neck of the skimmer? I have a SR3 and do not like the way the collection cup is arranged with that rubber band and looking to replace with a new skimmer.

Archived