Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

Actually Kyles' present skimmer is "version 3". I have both the original skimmer ( non-recirculating ), and the first re-circulating skimmer ( the previous one ) as well. The easiest way to tell them apart is the original skimmer has 1 pump, where the re-circulating models have 2 pumps. Kyle has talked about offering an improved impeller and pump to owners of the previous re-circulating skimmers. This will be offered as a kit. If you're not sure, you may want to pm Kyle for clarification. ;)

Has anyone started using any of his other new products, like the sump, overflow, or reaction chamber?

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone started using any of his other new products, like the sump, overflow, or reaction chamber?

I'm getting his nano reactor delivered tuesday I'll let you know how it goes, also I asked Kyle about the NC12 skimmer I ordered and said he's 2 weeks out ...

I'm getting his nano reactor delivered tuesday I'll let you know how it goes, also I asked Kyle about the NC12 skimmer I ordered and said he's 2 weeks out ...

How do you know it is coming tuesday? Did he send you a tracking number? I ordered a bunch of stuff (an overflow, sump, and reactor) and I was told it was going to ship, but never received a tracking number.

When did you place your order? I placed mine Dec 30. I sent an e-mail the other day, but never heard back . . .

I am looking at buying the nano pre-filter box and was wondering what size of tubing the drain takes?

I am not sure about the drain tubing size, but I don't think it will be a problem to get tubing from home depot/lowes. It sounds like it works well with a mj1200, which would be great for a nano tank. I am holding my breath until my stuff arrives. I don't know how much modification I will have to do to get it to fit into my BC 29. What tank are you planning on using it with?

I am not sure about the drain tubing size, but I don't think it will be a problem to get tubing from home depot/lowes. It sounds like it works well with a mj1200, which would be great for a nano tank. I am holding my breath until my stuff arrives. I don't know how much modification I will have to do to get it to fit into my BC 29. What tank are you planning on using it with?

I was actually thinking about using it for two tanks. I currently have a 33L with a mini-false wall and I would like to add a skimmer which means I really need a sump. I also have an oceanic 30 cube that I was thinking about setting up.

How do you know it is coming tuesday? Did he send you a tracking number? I ordered a bunch of stuff (an overflow, sump, and reactor) and I was told it was going to ship, but never received a tracking number.

When did you place your order? I placed mine Dec 30. I sent an e-mail the other day, but never heard back . . .

Skimmerdude,

I ordered the nano reactor Jan 11th he said he has a few in stock, the NC12 I ordered quite a while ago so I don't know when it's coming, I emailed him about that and he told me about two weeks.

I got a email and tracking # on the Nano reactor- maybe because I ordered it alone. maybe the other stuff is not ready yet.

One other question for Sapphire/Someone using the BC29R skimmer. It says that it can be used in-sump but I can find the actual size of the body and how much room it takes up or what the minimum water level is. I have 8" in my sump, will that be enough?

What media are you planning on using in the nano reactor? I was considering one of these for my middle compartment on my Solana. I am currently using charcoal and Purigen on the perforated shelf, but when my feed cycle starts, it floats the media bags and then when the pumps go back on, they have to be manually repositioned. How much better filter action do you think the reactor will produce over filter bags with media?

The other option was to build one of SteveT's filter media racks customized to fit the Solona middle chamber so I can use multiple media bags and have them stay in place.

What media are you planning on using in the nano reactor? I was considering one of these for my middle compartment on my Solana. I am currently using charcoal and Purigen on the perforated shelf, but when my feed cycle starts, it floats the media bags and then when the pumps go back on, they have to be manually repositioned. How much better filter action do you think the reactor will produce over filter bags with media?

The other option was to build one of SteveT's filter media racks customized to fit the Solona middle chamber so I can use multiple media bags and have them stay in place.

I am planning on using gfo and carbon on the reactor. I think it will be easier to clean and maintain and provide consistent flow through the media. I feel that my filter media bags don't get great flows and end up not working all that well.

One other question for Sapphire/Someone using the BC29R skimmer. It says that it can be used in-sump but I can find the actual size of the body and how much room it takes up or what the minimum water level is. I have 8" in my sump, will that be enough?

I use the new BC 29 version in my sump. The foot print is 7.5" by 2". The water level needs to be below 10" or you will need to space the skimmer up like what I did with a piece of LR below it.

96f80b75.jpg

what is the min water level needed to use it in sump on this NC24..the water level in my 10g sump is 6.75" in the chamber it would go in

It's been kinda quiet here for a bit. Any news on when the Nano Cube 12 skimmers are shipping? Last news I saw was two weeks for impellers and that was at the start of the month.

what is the min water level needed to use it in sump on this NC24..the water level in my 10g sump is 6.75" in the chamber it would go in

For mine it is below 10"

For mine it is below 10"

Has anyone tried using the nano overflow? I have one on order, and as soon as I get it up and running I will let you guys know how it works. I have been waiting for it for quite some time, and Kyle told me they were having some difficulty obtaining the u-tubes, and decided to manufacture them in house.

He said it should be shipping today, but I will have to just wait and see. . .

It's been kinda quiet here for a bit. Any news on when the Nano Cube 12 skimmers are shipping? Last news I saw was two weeks for impellers and that was at the start of the month.

Kyle told me two weeks on a couple of days ago it gets longer and longer as time goes on i guess :mellow:

Has anyone tried using the nano overflow? I have one on order, and as soon as I get it up and running I will let you guys know how it works. I have been waiting for it for quite some time, and Kyle told me they were having some difficulty obtaining the u-tubes, and decided to manufacture them in house.

He said it should be shipping today, but I will have to just wait and see. . .

I have one on order from Premium Aquatics. They said it should be in sometime this coming week. I can't wait to try it out, from the youtube video it looked like a solid design.

Ok so i didn't make a pre-order for the ap24, when should I expect it to be available on the Sapphireaquatics website? I'm starting to get really tired of all the delays.....

Ok so i didn't make a pre-order for the ap24, when should I expect it to be available on the Sapphireaquatics website? I'm starting to get really tired of all the delays.....

Delays when you are waiting for a product to come out are one thing, I am in the situation of waiting for products that I ordered, and paid for, 4 weeks ago and was led to believe were in stock at the time my order was placed, based on the website. Now I have been told about at least 3 different firm shipping dates, all of which have passed and still no shipment confirmation.

I know Sapphire is a 1-2 man business and it sounds like they are having some difficulty/growing pains when it comes to getting their raw materials pumps/u-tubes etc.

I am trying to be patient, but I am starting to wonder where the extent of my patience should end.

I have an older sapphire skimmer and love it, it is really the only thing on the market that does what I want and is a fairly powerful skimmer. I really hope Sapphire is successful and get my shipment out soon.

I have ordered a sump, nano reactor and overflow for my biocube 29. I think the overflow if holding back the shipment, but I am not entirely sure.

I don't think I would tolerate these kind of delays in most other circumstances.

I have ordered a sump, nano reactor and overflow for my biocube 29. I think the overflow if holding back the shipment, but I am not entirely sure.

I don't think I would tolerate these kind of delays in most other circumstances.

I think you may be right. I placed an order for an Overflow through Premium Aquatics over a week ago and they just contacted me to say that they haven't gotten their shipment from Sapphire that they were expecting awhile back.

I think you may be right. I placed an order for an Overflow through Premium Aquatics over a week ago and they just contacted me to say that they haven't gotten their shipment from Sapphire that they were expecting awhile back.

When I called last week, it sounded like the CNC router was working in the background. He may just have more work then he can handle, and being a new/small business not have the capital to hire additional help. I don't want to be a huge pain, but my patience is wearing thin.

I know his margins are likely thin, I am starting to think that shipping part of my order or arranging for a refund will be coming in the future.

. . . still holding my breath for now . . .

When I called last week, it sounded like the CNC router was working in the background. He may just have more work then he can handle, and being a new/small business not have the capital to hire additional help. I don't want to be a huge pain, but my patience is wearing thin.

I know his margins are likely thin, I am starting to think that shipping part of my order or arranging for a refund will be coming in the future.

. . . still holding my breath for now . . .

Just received an e-mail, stated my order was being boxed up and would ship today, fingers crossed. This is probably good news for anyone else waiting for the nano overflow. I hope the overflow works well, LOL. I chose it over the CPR (a long tried overflow producer) because I wanted to support sapphire. Pics will be posted once I get my new toys.

Archived