Coral Vue Hydros

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

Sapphire Aquatics

Skimmerdude - Sorry about that I have so much going on that I had forgotten to send it out. I'll get it out for you.

ddols - There have been many different designs for the AP24 but this one performs the best, and is not dependent on you topping your water off every hour to keep it performing at its best. The new PVC venturi that we are turning on the lathe here in combination with our mesh impeller has the power consumption down to 5 watts! With the stock impeller and factory configuration these pumps use 8 watts.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle,

Can you give us a picture or the dimensions for the nc 12 skimmer? Is this the smallest skimmer you make? And what are the hob skimmers dimensions going to be?

Thanks, Smitty

My AP24 skimmer has been shipped and should be here by Wed.

Hey mine too! April 1st delivery date. I sure hope this isn't some cruel April fools day joke.

Got mine today. What an elegant piece of equipment, probably much better then the Aquapod deserves. I'm having some installation issues, but not the skimmer's fault. Current-usa dropped the ball on this one I think. Check out my hell here.

Does anyone know if the NC 24 skimmer is in stock and shipping from Nanotuners?

or the NC12? The last update I received was that they were waiting on an order of 500 impellers and that was a month ago. I respect that this company has a high standard of quality and everyone seems to be satisfied with the products they have recieved, but I will never order anything "pre-sale" again. I feel at the least, they should offer better communication with the customers that have essentially subsidized (without interest) their R&D. Sapphire, anything you can tell us???

Sapphire Aquatics

Beachbum - I can understand your concern. You did not however subsidize our R&D. Reading through this thread, I know it's long, you will see my ongoing battle with the CNC router company which still ensues to this day, I have sent back the control panel, computer, and spindle control, as the machine no longer responds on 2 of 3 axis. Then there's the hurricane, the banditos that stole all of the copper wiring out of the building, ...... the list goes on, some of which is my fault.

I don't post on here much anymore because nobody wants to hear about all of the problems I deal with daily. I understand as I am a consumer too, when you order something, you want it. I am not going to make a product that does not perform like I know it can/should. That unfortunately does mean longer lead times for some customers, but if I had supplied customers with poor products just to get it done this company would have gone under long ago. Please rest assured that I am not sitting around over here. I work 7 days a week and 10 to 12 hours a day. Like I stated before, you did not subsidize any R&D, I also work a part time job and put every penny back into this company so we can make the quality products that you expect when ordering from us. I do apologize for the delays in getting new products out on the market but I always deliver and stand behind the products with warranty and customer support.

Kyle

burnofvengance sent me the same email that day and placed his order with Nanotuners.

I have to say, my patience was still present but thinning by the day waiting for my skimmer for my NC28 to come in stock. It took a little over 2 months from the time I ordered it. I received it last week and installed it last night. I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of the build, the features, and the performance of the skimmer. I am still in the break in period, but I have no doubt it will exceed my expectations in performance.

I am very glad that Sapphire has stood by their name in making very well built, feature full skimmers for a good price. It was more than worth the wait.

Thank you Kyle.

burnofvengeance

Yep. I placed my order last night for the NC 24 version. Hopefully it will be here shortly, I'm just waiting for it to ship from Sapphire.

Kyle, any news on the BC-8 skimmer? is this going to be designed to fit in the middle chamber? if so what are the dimensions that you are going for? I am thinking of trying the 24 model with the open bottom and seeing if I can shoehorn it in somehow. Have you guys had any experience with trying this?

Oh, and rest assured, you producing a quality product will certainly outway all the crying about impatience. Not a soul here has said they were unhappy about their wait! Rome and reef tanks werent built in a day...neither are small buisnesses, I know.

Thanks Kyle,

I empathize with your predicament and my confidence that your skimmer will exceed my expectations is absolute. My only criticism (constructive) is that your customers should have some understanding of when to expect a product and this forum/your website provide great vehicles to keep your customers informed. Most people don't mind minor delays if they are informed that an established timeline can't be met and given a new timeline of when to expect shipment. Patience isn't finite and well informed customers tend to be more patient when technical delays are encountered.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think your customers waiting on a order would be appreciative if you could post an updated anticipated ship/availability date for each of the skimmers currently "backordered".

All that said, I know the NC12 will be worth the wait.

Mike

hi Kyle...

Question for you regarding the upcoming release of the NC12/BC14 skimmer...

I have searched the web and have found multiple photos showing different configurations of your Nano Skimmers.

Nanotuners shows this:

post-33115-1239132625_thumb.jpg

Nanocustoms shows this:

post-33115-1239132638_thumb.jpg

and a few posts back, you posted these which have bubble plates:

post-33115-1239132645_thumb.jpg post-33115-1239132658_thumb.jpg

can you please tell me which configuration the NC12/BC14 will have when it is available?

(hoping it's the bubble plate version with pump below!!!)

and when, if possible, do you expect to see these skimmers ship out?

thanks!

C

bump for an answer please :P

hi Kyle...

Question for you regarding the upcoming release of the NC12/BC14 skimmer...

I have searched the web and have found multiple photos showing different configurations of your Nano Skimmers.

Nanotuners shows this:

post-33115-1239132625_thumb.jpg

Nanocustoms shows this:

post-33115-1239132638_thumb.jpg

and a few posts back, you posted these which have bubble plates:

post-33115-1239132645_thumb.jpg post-33115-1239132658_thumb.jpg

can you please tell me which configuration the NC12/BC14 will have when it is available?

(hoping it's the bubble plate version with pump below!!!)

and when, if possible, do you expect to see these skimmers ship out?

thanks!

C

Sapphire Aquatics

cet98 - The NC12 will look more like the AP24, the last two pictures you posted. It's very small. Shipping date is close, I can't tell you when exactly because you and 75 other people will hold me to it!! We hired more help to get these skimmers out the door but it will take some time to see results from them as learning how to work with acrylic is a slow process, even with someone showing you exactly how to do it. We also might have good news about getting our CNC router back in action soon! They are supposedly working on it now. We will see.....

Got mine today, will be breaking in for the next few days....

Kyle, Excellent design very pleased so far will be even more when it starts skimming

Sapphire Nanoskimmer NC12/BC14 PRESALE $105.95

***SPECIAL PRESALE: Due to Nintendo Wii like popularity, Sapphire Aquatics has informed us that this protein skimmer will be available approximately 2 weeks

To time stamp the latest delivery promise on the skimmers (nanotuners/customs). At least they given up on publishing hard dates.

Shall we start a pool to see who can guess how many weeks 2 weeks actually ends up being?

I just received the Sapphire skimmer for my Solana yesterday. Ordered it Mon, shipped Wed, arrived Fri. Good service. Everything was well packaged and went together easily. High quality components and finish.

It dropped right in the tank in place of the stock skimmer. Top of the skim cup was exactly flush with the top edge and the cover slides right over. I lowered the flow gate to the bottom as suggested for break-in. Sure beats the rubber seal on the stock skimmer for adjusting.

It started right up and immediately was producing a lot more foaming action than the stock skimmer. After just 12 hours, the foam is already spilling over into the skim cup. It will take a few days (weeks) before I will really be able to judge the skimming ability, but everything looks great so far. :P

post-40030-1240060264_thumb.jpg

Archived