inTank Media Baskets

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

Kyle.. I tried to PM this to you but your IN box was full..

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain how you guys have planned it out. (putting the skimmer in the center chamber..) i was having a hard time figuring out how it will work. taking the media box out and putting the skimmer in the center and allowing the skimmer to suck up all the particulate before it decomposes sounds like it will work, i was hesitant about the thought of taking out the floss and media box at first.. so i'm crossing my fingers.. you have obviously tested this and know how well it works.

For those others that are following a long and have questions... putting the new sapphire in the center chamber of the JBJ 28G, and sinking your ChemiPure or Purigen in the bottom of it.. is Sapphire's plan.

Kyle feels confident that this is a better solution than allowing the matter to decompose in the floss, and affect the tank.

Thanks again Kyle.. ive been waiting for this unit since way back when i read the old threads just soon after you stopped making the old units.. was very excited when i saw that you were Back in business.

Standing by to cough up the dough.......

DM

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inbox cleared, thank you.

Hey Kyle,

Is there an update on the AP24 skimmer? I read about the redesign and consequent delay. Was wondering what the latest news is..

Thanks much,

Wei

Hey Kyle,

Is there an update on the AP24 skimmer? I read about the redesign and consequent delay. Was wondering what the latest news is..

Thanks much,

Wei

+1

Sapphire Aquatics

We have made good progress on the AP24 skimmers and the NC12/BC14 skimmers and hope to start production next week. I will keep you all posted.

burtbollinger

I was set to order because I was sure it went in chamber 1, even forwarded the link to my GF to get it for me but i had her cancel when I found out its for the 2nd chamber....my clip on MH takes up that space and I'm just not willing to create some bracket or wall mount it...oh well. that might seem like an easy recommendation to throw out for someone to do, but the realit of the situation is that its not possible (Aquaticlife 700+ 150w HID with the ballast built into the back of the clip mount) :(

Sapphire Aquatics

burtbollinger - Sorry to hear that. I designed the NC28 skimmer to be as efficient as possible, not just replace the stock airstone skimmer.

touchthebutt - The skimmer will not affect the hang on refugium, it is completely contained within the middle chamber.

burtbollinger - Sorry to hear that. I designed the NC28 skimmer to be as efficient as possible, not just replace the stock airstone skimmer.

touchthebutt - The skimmer will not affect the hang on refugium, it is completely contained within the middle chamber.

Yes but the return for the CPR empties into chamber 2. If I move the skimmer over (space from chamber 1 overflow) to avoid overflow into the skimmer, will I still have enough room to return the cpr into chamber 2 as it looks like a pretty wide return spout?

Sapphire Aquatics

The skimmer collection cup is offset so you should be fine, but I don't own any CPR products so I can't tell you for certain. You might take a few measurements and I will try to help you out.

I see you now have sumps in your online store, they look great.

Do you have any plans on designing an overflow that would be compatible the BC29

or other tanks. I need a slick reliable way to get the water from my tank to the sump and back.

Thanks,

John

I see you now have sumps in your online store, they look great.

Do you have any plans on designing an overflow that would be compatible the BC29

or other tanks. I need a slick reliable way to get the water from my tank to the sump and back.

Thanks,

John

+1 for BC14

WTB sapphire for Solana!

I am really not happy with the Tunze 9002. I modified it to fit in the first chamber with a hacksaw and a StevieT cup, but it still doesn't do a very good job IMO. I've been trying to tweak it for months but it seems to only run in two modes:

Mode 1:

Produces too much skimmate. Very watery. Slightly brown in color.

Mode 2:

Produces little no skimmate.

-Tre

Tre-

The Tunze produces a very tea like skimmate which is normal, this skimmer does not produce anything thick

It seems like they are a bit backed up. I ordered and paid for a BC29 (through nanotuners.com) at the beginning of the month, and they have not gotten the shipment from Sapphire that they had been promised.

Hopefully soon.

My BioCube needs some lovin...

i believe that i am going to try the tunze with one of Stevie T's In Tank custom collection cups.

No disrespect intended toward Sapphire.. i believe they make a good product..

im still unsure about removing the filter floss...plus if i dont get that damn air maching and its jet takeoff decible level out of my sons room now.

i may have to sleep in the dog house.

good luck you guys..

plus if i dont get that damn air maching and its jet takeoff decible level out of my sons room now.

i may have to sleep in the dog house.

good luck you guys..

lol. This same quote was used about the stock RSM skimmer :lol:

Sapphire Aquatics

Cheesehead - We just want to put out a solid product. Progress is being made but again, it's easy to make a few of anything but putting a skimmer into production takes time.

Skimmerdude - Our nano pre-skimmer box is ready to go and will be posted later today with video. The outside box measures only 4"x2.25" and is very quiet. We have been testing it with a MJ1200 and only 2 feet of head pressure and it is handling the flow with no problems.

StevieT - Interesting comment "The Tunze produces a very tea like skimmate which is normal, this skimmer does not produce anything thick" Do you own one of our new skimmers? How do you justify this comment?

Mercuryne - No problem, let me know if you change your mind. There are a lot of good nano products on the market and our hobby needs even more.

It seems like they are a bit backed up. I ordered and paid for a BC29 (through nanotuners.com) at the beginning of the month, and they have not gotten the shipment from Sapphire that they had been promised.

Mine was ordered Nov 26 (2 weeks already) and it still hasn't shipped. Kyle of Sapphire said that he will ship it today. I hope they ship it 2-day or overnight to compensate for the trouble. We'll see.

Cheesehead - We just want to put out a solid product. Progress is being made but again, it's easy to make a few of anything but putting a skimmer into production takes time.

Skimmerdude - Our nano pre-skimmer box is ready to go and will be posted later today with video. The outside box measures only 4"x2.25" and is very quiet. We have been testing it with a MJ1200 and only 2 feet of head pressure and it is handling the flow with no problems.

StevieT - Interesting comment "The Tunze produces a very tea like skimmate which is normal, this skimmer does not produce anything thick" Do you own one of our new skimmers? How do you justify this comment?

In no way would i pretend to speak for Stevie T.. but i think he meant the tunze.. i think he meant that his tunze doesnt produce anything thick.. dont believe he was disparing you product at all..i may be way off base. .. but i dont think he was speaking to your product...

once again.. as i said. earlier.. from all the research ive done...you product looks great..

im just in a hurry.. that's all.

Mercuryne - No problem, let me know if you change your mind. There are a lot of good nano products on the market and our hobby needs even more.

I am not comparing the Tunze to your skimmer. I was describing the normal skimmate that is collected by the Tunze 9002, which is tea like. It doesn't produce much thick skimmate like other brands except for around the neck and diverter piece. The person asking said that they were not happy with the Tuzne, but I was making sure they understood the normal opperation of this skimmer and were not expecting something thick in their collection cup.

Sapphire Aquatics

StevieT - No problem, after rereading my comment I apologize if it came across the wrong way. I am just looking for feedback from our customers as we have sent out a lot of skimmers at this point. We are committed to customer service and it seemed that you were disappointed with the performance of our product from your post. I suppose that I just read it incorrectly.

Kyle

Archived