Coral Vue Hydros

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sapphire Aquatics

SPerry - The small mesh impellers are being tooled at the injection molding company now. They don't like to commit to specific dates but they estimate 2 to 3 weeks until the mold is complete and cured. They will produce 500 at a time so there will be no more shortage of supply.

Nick's Reef - The last of the components for the AP24 skimmers are due in on Monday! I am as excited about getting the skimmers out as you are to receive them.

Dear Sapphire,

When will nanotuners.com be getting their BC29 skimmers for those of us who have orders?

Any chance of them getting drop shipped to us?

thanks

Joe

Dear Sapphire,

When will nanotuners.com be getting their BC29 skimmers for those of us who have orders?

Any chance of them getting drop shipped to us?

thanks

Joe

Mine was shipped today (ordered Nov 26). FedEX indicates that I will get it on the 15th.

SPerry - The small mesh impellers are being tooled at the injection molding company now. They don't like to commit to specific dates but they estimate 2 to 3 weeks until the mold is complete and cured. They will produce 500 at a time so there will be no more shortage of supply.

Nick's Reef - The last of the components for the AP24 skimmers are due in on Monday! I am as excited about getting the skimmers out as you are to receive them.

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for the update on the AP24 ETA. It'll be really exciting to have them ship. Has there been any more thought to a Biocube 8 skimmer? Last I heard, it was a collection cup issue that was precluding it from being made?

Thanks much,

Wei

Thanks! That's what I was hoping for.

jpluttme - No harm at all. It might pull in even more air, but that's what we're going for anyhow!
Sapphire Aquatics

jsindorf - Your BC29 skimmer is being drop shipped from here later today. We are also sending a stock order to Nanotuners so they will have them on hand for future orders.

slowdog - The small NC12/BC14 skimmers are almost ready. We are waiting for pumps to arrive. The BC8 is causing some problems since the entire skimmer can only be 11" tall, and that's including the 2.5" height of the pump. Getting it in there is no problem but containing the bubbles in such a small space is no easy task. I am working on getting these out.

jsindorf - Your BC29 skimmer is being drop shipped from here later today. We are also sending a stock order to Nanotuners so they will have them on hand for future orders.

slowdog - The small NC12/BC14 skimmers are almost ready. We are waiting for pumps to arrive. The BC8 is causing some problems since the entire skimmer can only be 11" tall, and that's including the 2.5" height of the pump. Getting it in there is no problem but containing the bubbles in such a small space is no easy task. I am working on getting these out.

WhoooHOoooo :happydance: Finally something descent for my 14 BC So exciting.

WhoooHOoooo :happydance: Finally something descent for my 14 BC So exciting.

great news kyle!!!!!!

really i can't wait for a descent skimmer for my BC14 fingerscrossed:haha::haha::happydance:

cool product, Kyle, and nice to see you on camera!!! (put a face with the name)

You guys are creating great gear and we appreciate it...

(did I read that you are working on a skimmer for a BC8??? wow - miracle worker)

thanks again

Kyle,

That is awesome that you are working on the BC8 skimmer as well! Thanks for the good news. Can't wait..

Wei

To all of those who have been patiently waiting on preorder, those who have gotten them after waiting for months, and those who are thinking of purchasing one of these badboys,

Thank you.

In tough economic times, stretching the dollar further is more important than ever. We've given kyle the time he needs to develop and refine an already successful product into something that is worthy of its name.

As hobbyists, we value the trust you've emparted upon us to deliver on a promise of performance for this niche market. As always, you can count on Sapphire Aquatics and Nanocustoms / Nanotuners to stand behind the products we market, develop and sell.

Happy Holidays & Lets Hope for a great new Year

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Companies like your's and Kyle's are so vital to our hobby. Thank you for your service and your products. The stuff is worth waiting for!

Here's hoping the current financial crisis is temporary.

Joe

Would the skimmer for the NC12 fit in the first or third compartments on the NC28 HQI? The middle compartment is full of rock, sand and macroalgea and it cant be moved. What would my options be if the NC12 skimmer wouldnt work? thanks

Kyle, when do you expect to have the ap24 on the site? Or atleast the price, i rember you said it should be cheaper than $125, wanted to wait until you had them on the site instead of spending extra for the pre order.

Would the skimmer for the NC12 fit in the first or third compartments on the NC28 HQI? The middle compartment is full of rock, sand and macroalgea and it cant be moved. What would my options be if the NC12 skimmer wouldnt work? thanks

I believe you would have to somehow prop it up so that the air intake is above the water level. I believe you can use a Sapphire NC12 skimmer in a NC24 in both the first and second chamber. But I add a pump in the third so I did not try it there.

Sapphire Aquatics

shrimphombre - The soon to be released NC12 skimmer will not fit in the original skimmer chamber either as that chamber is only 2.25" x 2.5".

Nick's Reef - AP24 skimmers are almost ready. Looks like pricing will remain the same. Factoring in the additional cost of the Neodymium magnets and the time to cast them in acrylic so they are waterproof prohibits me from lowering the price. Sorry to break the bad news to you, but, the beta skimmers are producing very well!

New products on the website! Nano Media Reactor now available. More pictures and video will be posted soon.

Archived