got2envy's 10g... $300 bux or bust

got2envy

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clownfish1124
Very nice, I like this tank!

BING! BING! BING! we have a winner :P

also if you need more money, you could take out a fish or two! i only see like two at a time.

lol true haha they are all out just small...my YCG has not eaten that I can see so I do not know if it will make it, he is soo small :(

4 months to go!!

I got a RO/DI 5 stage unit with the pressure gauge and TDS meter built in for $100 from my boss also got his refractometer and calibration fluid for $10 :happydance:

I may be switching to synthetic salt instead of the NSW soon, lets see if the corals react differently

I get the dealz lol ...mostly the stuff I get are from other reefers :)

when I used the stuff from my tanks it got pricey, I am done tho I think.. no moh moneh

i was just lookin over yer last set of shots....and i gotta say that ur tank looks pretty awesome! i love the colors, placement, and variations. good stuff!

Thanks Pismo! I was trying for a colorful tank and I think mission is acomplished for now

the plate and brain glow like crazy under the blue LED's :D I wish my camera would catch the colors right

I am bored...here is a vid I just shot of my plate and a couple of pix of the brainz ;)

brainz butt has cool colors too

P1010028-6.jpg

P1010020-6.jpg

P1010051-5.jpg

a vid

th_P1010059-2.jpg

thanks for looking!

Maria

My YCG did not make it...just found him DOA :tears: I might have gotten this guy a little to small, I never saw him eat and know that they can be tricky to get to eat. The one in my 75g eats like a pig

R.I.P. little guy

I will not add any other fish to this tank

2x red head gobies

1x firefish goby

1x yellow watchman goby

Maybe I will find a pistol shrimp at the LFS, they usually give them away free, this how I got Billy in my 75g :D or just a peppermint shrimp

Tank really looks great.It will be something as it fills in with that varity of colors.

Sorry about the fish. I lost two of them. They would not eat. I tried all kinds of different food, more than for any other fish I ever owned but had no luck.

now ya just gotta sit back, and let it Grow!

Thats the plan :D

Sorry about the YCG... :(

:tears:

Tank really looks great.It will be something as it fills in with that varity of colors.

Sorry about the fish. I lost two of them. They would not eat. I tried all kinds of different food, more than for any other fish I ever owned but had no luck.

I guess it depends on how they catch them or how big they are..this one was tiny :(

this is the 2nd out of 4 that i have owned that did not want to eat, I tried flake, cyclopeeze, mysis, nano pellets and nothing ..meanwhile all the other fish were at a buffet lol

I think I will just get a peppermint since they are cheap shrimp and still within what I have left in my budget

your tank always looks so fresh and so clean

so fresh and so clean clean

It does still get diatoms in places as the day goes on, It is still a very young tank and I am sure all of the water changes are keeping them at bay, I just added filter floss to the filter to help with floating particles a bit

Thanks for looking everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

New pix :D

I think I may have to take the bubble out it seems crammed in the corner..it inflates quite big now :(

P1010011-9.jpg

P1010010-14.jpg

a Stomatella cleaning the glass

P1010014-15.jpg

I gotsa peppermint skrimp :P

P1010003-18.jpg

pals

P1010006-16.jpg

corner shot :)

P1010001-27.jpg

Thanks for looking!

So last night when just the LED's were on at about 9:50PM something spawned in my tank...I think it was the peppermint shrimp cause it looked like a hundred little squiggly things a little bigger than a pin head..they were getting sucked up by my rio PH to fast to take pics and the gobies were at a buffet :(

I never noticed if my peppermint was prego...maybe the red heads laid eggs and I didn't notice :tears:

Def not pods, I know what the look like :P

wow!! that looks amazing! love all the colors candies and zoos. you did all that with the current 18'' 40watt. i looked through the whole thread unless i missed something that looks awesome. im thinking of starting a tank. i been a little slow to start with money being tite but planning a 15 gallon with a false back for a fuge and a 48 watt also current. i like there new model with individual reflectors and raised sits up on raised legs. so if you did it with 40 watts i hope 48 on a maybe 10 to 9 gallons front area would be excellent.

Yes I have it all under the 18" current T-5 fixture it is 40 watt..I have the fixture resting on eggccrate with a glass top and I have had excellent growth so far on the zoas. I did not use the legs that it comes with. It also has the Led's running the whole light cycle as well. The fixture you are getting should be enough for some lower light LPS and softies..is it a T-5 fixture? :D I am thinking of getting another one of these fixtures after the contest if I upgrade to a 20H. Thanks for looking and good luck with your tank, if ya have any questions let me know :)

Maria

That very cool free food from spawning just like in the wild

I wish I knew what they were :( but yeah the gobies loved it haha

I will forever be in aw of this tank, so many colors, and I love those flat rocks!

One day Envy, I will have a tank as sweet as yours! ;)

:blush: Aww thanks girl! that is a great compliment. My hopes for this tank is that others can see you don't need crazy equipment to start a nice nano and keep it healthy. Water changes people! Get to know your local reef club as well, that's where most of the deals are ;). I want to make it a zoa dominated tank when the contest is over and am still contiplating a 20H for maximum growth potential.

Your tank is looking awesome to :)

Archived