Top Shelf Aquatics

got2envy's 10g... $300 bux or bust

got2envy

That Lalani :happy: Zoas are nice!!! Purple with intense red skirting... wonderful!

Wha? :P

Lalani is buck crazy lol

They are the chit! they look sooo much better in person :P

Well geez, I'm not THAT crazy..... well... maybe a little. :happy:

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow your tank is full of WIN!

Thanks! ;)

Tank is looking great so far. I think you have my vote at this point.

Wow! that is a very nice compliment :D but it is still early in the game and I am almost outta funds lol

On a side note I haven't seen my anemone shrimp in 2 days, I hope it's hiding but I get the feeling that the damsel had a shrimp cocktail :( If I don't find it do the $7 go back on my budget or am I S.O.L? like if a fish carpet surfs..

Wha? :P

Well geez, I'm not THAT crazy..... well... maybe a little. :happy:

Stop playin' lol u are loca.

Thanks! ;)

Wow! that is a very nice compliment :D but it is still early in the game and I am almost outta funds lol

On a side note I haven't seen my anemone shrimp in 2 days, I hope it's hiding but I get the feeling that the damsel had a shrimp cocktail :( If I don't find it do the $7 go back on my budget or am I S.O.L? like if a fish carpet surfs..

That is a good question that hasn't been covered yet. Say a tank crash happens in a month, do we get to subtract live stock and start over? We should probably ask in the contest thread but I dont see why you couldnt deduct it or replace it with the same thing.

I think the point is doing what you can with a limited amount of cash, and if your tank crashes, then you don't necessarily have more cash all of a sudden...

I wish I had known about this contest, I gotta pay more attention!

And as long as you get some good growth out of those zoas, I think you got this one in the bag Maria ;)

Thanks! I hope I get good growth :happydance:

I was asking more for things that are out of your control more so than a tank crash

Yeah sometimes tank crashes are out of your hands though. My NC crashed while I was away because my AC broke, not much I could do there.

The Skrimp is def M.I.A :( and the damsel was harassing my firefish to the point it would not come out in the open...so I caught him and put him in my 40 I betcha he had a shrimp buffet <_<

Hello everyone!

So I caught my yellow tail damsel who is now in the 40 happy as can be lol

I went to my LFS looking for a nicer co-inhabitant for my firefish, turns out every Wednesday is "wash out wednesdays" at my LFS..all the fish that they order are sold in the acclimating bags at 25% off..I found not one but 2 red head gobies :o for a whopping $4 dollars each minus 25%, so I got both for $6 plus tax

one is smaller than the other but you really tell that from the pix

peek-a-boo

P1010046-4.jpg

P1010056-6.jpg

P1010073-3.jpg

P1010074.jpg

redhead.jpg

On another note I noticed my xenia was on the move so I superglued the L/R rubble that it is on and onto a suction cup and onto the glass...keeps it off my display rock I hope

P1010070-3.jpg

P1010069-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Maria

Thanks Lalani! I see your zoas in the background :ninja:

It was a really good deal..they had written "GOBY" on the bag with black marker lol they had soooo many fishies, I had to control myself

I like my ghetto xenia holder too :P

I love that xenia plug holder. I may copy that idea. That would be great for people trying to get xenia or gsp to grow on the back glass. No where to go but the glass as it grows. Thanks for sharing.

+1 on the xenia on the glass! It will grow on your glass as well. My forest in my display tank started out smaller than yours. Weetie scraped it off the back wall of her tank when I first started mine.

Thanks! so the idea came to me as soon as woke up and looked at the tank..and said uh oh the xenia is getting kinda close to my display rock..and WA-LAH! a suction cup and glue came to me :lol::P

I hope it spreads on the glass that would be cool! it's getting alot of flow and light where it is

Wow, those red heads are really cute. The red are so striking as if it will glow in the dark. Tempting me to get one too :P

Ok, will stay awake till tomorrow to see the pics :happy:

Archived