Top Shelf Aquatics

got2envy's 10g... $300 bux or bust

got2envy

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! It is a mix of Tonga, Figi and slab rock that was thrown in the ocean and aqua cultured..I bought $60lbs for $2 a lb..I have a 40L filled with it..looks awesome :) it is really dense so it makes it heavy as heck.

does any one have expirience with the Diadem dottyback aka purple stripe dottyback? I am thinking of adding this fishie..I hear they are feisty and have seen them around here for $10

I added 2 orange ricordia fl. this past week, I won at a raffle a while back at a club meeting, they are both getting ready to split..depending on what Weetie prices them I may put them back in my 40L...B) they sell for around $10-15 each here in Florida..I have paid up to $20 for some really nice pink ones :( I just love them lol

rics1.jpg

I added the L.E.D's tonight and now have a dawn to dusk effect and a nice actinic veiw of the tank :)

Thanks airman_verde04 :P

diatoms on the sand started 4 days ago, I added 2 red leg hermits, 3 astrea snails and a small mexican turbo and did a 15% water change today. I will probally add more CUC..let's see how these guys do

Thanks for looking!

Maria

added 1 yellow tail damsel today

damsel2.jpg

damsel1.jpg

Here are the pix of L.E.D.'s :)

P1010009-10.jpg

P1010008-12.jpg

and some actinic LED shots

P1010013-7.jpg

P1010016-8.jpg

P1010020-3.jpg

and a hermit and snail at work

P1010005-14.jpg

My xenia frag finally craweled off that ugly purple plug..I am only keeping the piece on the rock in the tank after it finishes taking it's time moving :P

P1010001-19.jpg

The diatoms on the sand are in full effect, I did another 10% water change today

Thanks for looking!

Going to a frag swap? ahhh I love Tennessee..I have a friend in Louden :D

That's a long drive..have a safe drive Sue and Weetie :D

Thanks! We had a safe trip & a good time. I picked up the needed LR from dzones @ $4 lb. Still has a bit of coral on it.

I love yellow tail damsels. Good choice!

Thanks Sue! yellow tail damsels are cheap and colorful lol I will add another one next week

I am glad you guys had a safe trip, I saw you pix on the other thread lol

Thanks everyone! The LEDS were such a great idea and they are cheap :) they do give a nice actinic color to the fish and corals, It is a nice blue

Thanks Lalani! It's a photogenic fish lol cause I sux at the pix

The DFS HOB w/ surface skimmer is great! no scum on the surface :D and doesn't take up much space

more to come!!

Thanks LRM! I did some reading and it says that the Yellow tail damsel is one of the more peaceful damsels, I don't see it being a problem adding it to your tank, I found it at The Barrier Reef in Boca, they had them 3 for $12 and they had quite a selection of other damsels as well :)

lilredneckman

The Barrier Reef is a bit of a drive for me but i think this weekend i may be going to Oceans Below and they have them for $4.

Thanks! the diatoms are almost all gone, I did a 10% water change last night :) and I added some chaeto and culerpa prolifera last week, the culerpa already sprouted some new stems lol

I scored on a nice bubble coral, it is in my other tank for now and I am looking for the right deal on a fishy..I want a goby, I just don't know what kind yet..I am gonna keep only 2 fish in this tank

How about a shark! I hear you can get them locally! :lol: Now the fun begins! I think things will rotate through our tanks till we settle on the best combo for the budget! Good luck!

Weee! lol I see nurse sharks all the time when I go snorkeling :D a bit much tho haha... yes the rotating has def begun in my tank, I am having a tough time trying to pick what should stay and what shouldn't..frags can be pricey haha

My bubble coral seems to be opening nicely, I wasn't to sure about ordering from Petco but they have some great prices on stuff...who knew lol will post pix once it's in the 10g :D

Pic of the candy canes and the keds reds that I got in my group buy..still have 3 other zoa frags from this buy but they are in my other tank for now

P1010049-3.jpg

and 2 sm pink zoas

P1010080-1.jpg

gonna look for another fishy today

Thanks for looking!

Thanks! I got some water proof LED strips from superbriteleds.com they are really nice for the price!

there are pics of the LEDs on page 3 :)

airman_verde04

sweet job with the LED's man, I'm glad they worked out for you as well as the did for me! I'm actually going to be turning them off during the day-time since they really dont seem to do much for the tank when my t-5s are on.. anyways!! looking good! I wish I had a nicer camera that took better pictures with the LEDs.. oh well.

yes it is tough to get pics with just the LEDS because of the blue..glad you stopped in to take a lookey :) I am down loading some new pix as I type

Archived