Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

got2envy's 10g... $300 bux or bust

got2envy

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! small tanks are easy to aquascape :) I lucked out, they had some really cool pieces at my LFS..the tank has really cleared up..I will add a few more frags tommorow :D

Here are the pics as promised ;) all fragged from my 75g

candy cane lane

3 morphs- teal, pink and green

P1010003-12.jpg

xenia

P1010005-12.jpg

yellow polyps

P1010007-14.jpg

red skirt zoas..have no idea what they are called lol

P1010009-9.jpg

front of tank

P1010001-15.jpg

left side..right next my head when I sleep

P1010011-6.jpg

right side that i see when I am on the computer

P1010010-10.jpg

Thanks for looking! :wub:

Maria

I love the way all the different colors of candy canes look together! I'm going to get a porcelin crab for my contest tank too...should be a great distraction since the tank is on my desk at work. Those little guys are so fun to watch.

Thanks thats a compliment coming from you Sue :wub:

I have such nice frags..it's hard looking at an empty tank when I could put something in it lol

I know. I wish life could slow down so my tank could progress faster! I can't look at my prop tank without getting distracted! :P

Nice tank, I love the 'scaping!

Thanks Girl! compliment from you too..your tanks are some of my favorites to keep up with :D

Running out of funds as in the $ allotted to spend per the contest rules?

Yep..$300 goes quick in this hobby lol even when it's your own frags :(

wow it looks amazing! I think the best one i have seen so far!

Thanks dude! I am sure there are others that will look even better when they are up and running, it is only the beginning B)

I know. I wish life could slow down so my tank could progress faster! I can't look at my prop tank without getting distracted! :P

I know what you mean..life is always in a hurry, are you waiting for a cycle? I just yanked out stuff from my other systems.."cough cheater cough"

I am sure once your tank is up, it will something to reckon with..you have such wonderful corals :D

Thank you muchly!

But I wish I had yer skillz at 'scaping. :P

I wish I had your photagraphy skillz :P

airman_verde04

Thanks for stopping by my tank! yeah, I've been very happy with my tank lately! I finally got to the point where its all about whats in the water, no longer about the equipment (I got everything I need now) I really love your Rock scaping! by far the coolest looking next to mine of course. do you have any fish yet?

airman_verde04

hey man!! you'll have to put some pictures up with those LEDs!! they rock!! they completed my lighting desires for my tank! they looks so great in the tank with the lights off (house lights that is) but by far the most pleasing look is when the house lights mix and give it a really nice actinic look! I love it!! if you've seen those LED strips I think current USA makes then, there about 50 bucks! but those LED strips from superbrightled.com are at the same light wave.. anyways.. yeah

I know what you mean..life is always in a hurry, are you waiting for a cycle? I just yanked out stuff from my other systems.."cough cheater cough"

I am sure once your tank is up, it will something to reckon with..you have such wonderful corals :D

I wish I had your photagraphy skillz :P

I also used rock I had but I need to get more. I may hit the LFS tomorrow to see what they have if I can get enough done tonight. I have to load up coral & leave for Weetie's very early Fri. (an hour east) & then west to Memphis (6 hours from her house) in time to set up Fri. night.

hey man!! you'll have to put some pictures up with those LEDs!! they rock!! they completed my lighting desires for my tank! they looks so great in the tank with the lights off (house lights that is) but by far the most pleasing look is when the house lights mix and give it a really nice actinic look! I love it!! if you've seen those LED strips I think current USA makes then, there about 50 bucks! but those LED strips from superbrightled.com are at the same light wave.. anyways.. yeah

Woot! I scored another 18" fixture for $35 on Craigslist..he was asking $40 :) I might have to pull the $46 zoos out :(

Can't beat them for $11.. I got 2 blue and 1 white :)

I don't have any fish in the tank yet..still trying to figure out what I want and what is available around here at the LFS. Your tank is really cool, you should be proud :D

Do you run the LED's at the same time as your T-5's? never thought of that, I was gonna use them for a dawn to dusk effect since the 18" fixture only has one plug and no moonlights..I put some LPS in the tank and it is doing great so far with these little T-5's B)

Post more Pix when ya get a chance

I also used rock I had but I need to get more. I may hit the LFS tomorrow to see what they have if I can get enough done tonight. I have to load up coral & leave for Weetie's very early Fri. (an hour east) & then west to Memphis (6 hours from her house) in time to set up Fri. night.

Going to a frag swap? ahhh I love Tennessee..I have a friend in Louden :D

That's a long drive..have a safe drive Sue and Weetie :D

Archived