Pod Your Reef

Running a fishtank without any arms or legs

dexter1080

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

DUDE AWESOME TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your story is so insperational and i'm so happy this tank is doing good!

No joke, but this tank is one of my favs. I LOVE all the corals and gboies! How's that filefish? Do u still have the cucumber? Be careful! When cucumbers die i think they sometimes release poison toxins.

The Flame Scallop is AWESOME too!!!!!!

We need more pics as soon as possible! :P

What size is this?

Animalmaster6

DUDE AWESOME TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your story is so insperational and i'm so happy this tank is doing good!

No joke, but this tank is one of my favs. I LOVE all the corals and gboies! How's that filefish? Do u still have the cucumber? Be careful! When cucumbers die i think they sometimes release poison toxins.

The Flame Scallop is AWESOME too!!!!!!

We need more pics as soon as possible! :P

What size is this?

Animalmaster6

Hey man, Thanks for the compliment. That just made my day.

My tank is coming along slowly but it's starting to look better and better as time goes by.

Nope on the filefish. he didn't make it through. that guy was a tough little bugger to feed. He didn't want to eat anything at all. I liked the fish a lot but couldn't figure out what he wanted to eat. I want to give it a go again because I loved that fish I just want to make sure I have the right food That he will eat. It won't be for a while down the road though.

Thanks for the heads up on sea cucumber. That is good to know. He seems to be doing pretty good for now but I guess you never know down the road.

I'm not sure what size you are asking about. Is it the flame scallop or the sea cucumber?

More pics are coming soon. I just need some help taking them. These new rics that I got are amazing. I can't wait to put the up.

animalmaster6
Hey man, Thanks for the compliment. That just made my day.

My tank is coming along slowly but it's starting to look better and better as time goes by.

Nope on the filefish. he didn't make it through. that guy was a tough little bugger to feed. He didn't want to eat anything at all. I liked the fish a lot but couldn't figure out what he wanted to eat. I want to give it a go again because I loved that fish I just want to make sure I have the right food That he will eat. It won't be for a while down the road though.

Thanks for the heads up on sea cucumber. That is good to know. He seems to be doing pretty good for now but I guess you never know down the road.

I'm not sure what size you are asking about. Is it the flame scallop or the sea cucumber?

More pics are coming soon. I just need some help taking them. These new rics that I got are amazing. I can't wait to put the up.

Sorry about the filefish. They are hard to feed! I heard they eat SPS polyps.

I'm not sure about the cucumber though. I've heard they can be poisonous but not sure.

I'm sorry! I meant to say how many gallons is the aquarium? I worded it badly.

Can't wait for more pics! I LOVE rics!

Sorry about the filefish. They are hard to feed! I heard they eat SPS polyps.

I'm not sure about the cucumber though. I've heard they can be poisonous but not sure.

I'm sorry! I meant to say how many gallons is the aquarium? I worded it badly.

Can't wait for more pics! I LOVE rics!

Awe. 29 gallon biocube. The perfect size for me. I didn't have any problems with it eating away at my coral but yeah he wouldn't eat anything. Oh well, trial and error. That's what this hobby is.

animalmaster6
Awe. 29 gallon biocube. The perfect size for me. I didn't have any problems with it eating away at my coral but yeah he wouldn't eat anything. Oh well, trial and error. That's what this hobby is.

I really like 29 G tanks! I have a 29 G freshwater.

I like filefishes but they are just so darn hard to take care of!

New additions look great bro!!! B)

What LFS did you go to?

Denny's pet world in Kirkland actually. They have great prices but not a huge selection. One of The rics I got was from their show tank. Manager of the store pulled it out for me. Cool guy.

Big thanks to those guys!

Here's the most recent picture of my fish tank. A full tank shot from the front.

Tomorrow morning someone is coming out to help me clean the tank. We are also going to glue a few coral and move some things around. So once that's done I'll post a few pictures. it should look nice and clean. I'm looking forward to him coming over to help me out.

6.jpg

Denny's pet world in Kirkland actually. They have great prices but not a huge selection. One of The rics I got was from their show tank. Manager of the store pulled it out for me. Cool guy.

Big thanks to those guys!

Here's the most recent picture of my fish tank. A full tank shot from the front.

Tomorrow morning someone is coming out to help me clean the tank. We are also going to glue a few coral and move some things around. So once that's done I'll post a few pictures. it should look nice and clean. I'm looking forward to him coming over to help me out.

6.jpg

Right on! I've never been there... I need to check it out!

The new FTS looks amazing bro! :happy:

B)

animalmaster6

6.jpg

Great Pic! What type of starfish is that?

your tank looks good im local to you also want some free zoas look in my tread let me know what ones you like ill see what i can do happy holidays

Your story and tank are amazing. I can't wait to see your new pics.

I really wish every new person entering this hobby could read your story and see your tank. This hobby can be very challenging at first and your story reminds and inspires us to never give up.

Your story and tank are amazing. I can't wait to see your new pics.

I really wish every new person entering this hobby could read your story and see your tank. This hobby can be very challenging at first and your story reminds and inspires us to never give up.

Hey, Thanks man. That was way cool complement. I appreciate that.

Have a Merry Christmas Mr. Green.

Great Pic! What type of starfish is that?

It is a legless starfish right now. I know who picked at it but it has lost two legs now.

Right on! I've never been there... I need to check it out!

The new FTS looks amazing bro! :happy:

B)

I would love to meet you. You are not too far from me at all. If you ever head down south make sure you leave some time to stop by my place. I haven't met too many people that have salt water fish tanks so it would be nice to meet other Enthusiasts from my area.

here are some recent photos of my tank and a couple of things I added to it.

SEA CUCUMBER. THIS THING IS SO AMAZING TO WATCH EAT.

CIMG9531.jpg

MY NEW RICORDIA. THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. A GREAT ADDITION TO MY TANK.

CIMG9543.jpg

CIMG9545.jpg

CIMG9548.jpg

THE MOST RECENT FULL TANK SHOT. MY BABY HAS BEEN BLOSSOMING.

CIMG9559.jpg

animalmaster6

Great Pics!

I noticed the Hi Fin Red Banded Goby in the first pic. They're great.

My tank thread (in my signature) has TONS of pics of my Hi Fin Red Banded Goby paired with a mated pair of Red Banded Pistol Shrimps.

Also, Merry Christmas!!!! :)

I don't know how I managed to miss this thread but...... Welcome to the Bio-Cube club! I see you started your tank back in 2008 and it's looking good! I have had my BC29 going for over 3 1/2 years and it still going strong! The biggest thing I did was a lighting retro and went with the MH upgrade from nanotuners, this was before all of the LED stuff came out. The lighting upgrade allows me to keep sps corals as well as clams.

If I can be of help, I'm more than happy to do so. Here is a link to my tank to give you some ideas:

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/?tank=13

Enjoyed the updates and the pics, Merry Christmas!

I have had my BC29 going for over 3 1/2 years and it still going strong! The biggest thing I did was a lighting retro and went with the MH upgrade from nanotuners, this was before all of the LED stuff came out. The lighting upgrade allows me to keep sps corals as well as clams.

If I can be of help, I'm more than happy to do so. Here is a link to my tank to give you some ideas:

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/?tank=13

Enjoyed the updates and the pics, Merry Christmas!

I have wanted to do that but it's pretty expensive. I can't afford to get too much so it's a treat when I get to add new species to my tank. Hopefully I will be able to do it down the road. I might be able to but it will probably be a while. Thanks for the tip though!

Hey, Thanks man. That was way cool complement. I appreciate that.

Have a Merry Christmas Mr. Green.

Wow, your tank cleaned up very nicely. It looks great.

You have a great Christmas too.

Wow, your tank cleaned up very nicely. It looks great.

You have a great Christmas too.

I got an early Christmas gift From my neighbor girls. A BLUE TANG. It's "Dori". I don't think i could name it anything else.

they help me test the water. It's a mini science project for them. They also help me feed the fish every other day.

Here's a picture of us.

CIMG9481.jpg

Archived