Pod Your Reef

Running a fishtank without any arms or legs

dexter1080

yes! I just got a new camera that has 12 megapixels instead of my old Little 5 megapixel camera. Close-up shots here I come. Does anyone use the Casio Elixim cameras?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I would like to give a big huge thanks to Bird for donating a few small frags to me. It made my day. Now all I have to do is figure out where to put them. Thanks again man. That really put a big smile on my face.

Glad they did. Place them as high as they can go.

I love that cucumber. I never see any of that kind for sale locally. I assume it eats detritus?

Do you have a pistol shrimp for the gobies? If not, get a Tiger, but keep small frags off the sand bed or it may use them to reinforce its tunnels with. The Tiger pistol is great for helping to keep the sand bed healthy.

Tank is looking real nice.

Brenden - inspirational tank, man. Glad you're in this hobby!

For lighting, if you can afford it, this is perfect:

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=618

Looks like a Great idea. My buddy and I r trying to retro fit the hood with LEDs right now and we're looking for the parts. I wonder if we could build something like that. Do you think those LEDs would be powerful enough to light a tank and completely get rid of the stock ones?

What parts would we need for this?

I bet it would be easy to do and cheaper if we got everything and did it on our own.

Looks like a Great idea. My buddy and I r trying to retro fit the hood with LEDs right now and we're looking for the parts. I wonder if we could build something like that. Do you think those LEDs would be powerful enough to light a tank and completely get rid of the stock ones?

What parts would we need for this?

I bet it would be easy to do and cheaper if we got everything and did it on our own.

Check out the LED stickies in the lighting forum, evilc66 has LOTS of information, and theres a few folks that have modded the same tank you have with LEDs in the LED Project list.

Please, no mention of that. I am still feeling the effects of all the food more than 24hrs later. lol

Perhaps it has something to do with your screen name? :P

Hope you had a great day Dexter!

Please, no mention of that. I am still feeling the effects of all the food more than 24hrs later. lol

Yeah, I agree. I haven't even touched the leftovers.

i have one question though...

in all seriousness

how do you do ####?? like your life must be so hard and really glad that you are doing this and setting up a great tank and you have really inspired me man.. good job with everything and good luck with all to come

Yeah, I agree. I haven't even touched the leftovers.

Turkey for breakfast, lunch and dinner all week !! :lol:

Nice work Brendon, keep it up! This really is a great hobby (addiction, obsession.. lol) B)

I am wondering about picture taking. Do you have a setup to take them your self? The pic of the flame scallop is awesome..

I actually have caregivers that take the pictures for me. Sometimes we will set up a tripod so I can see but usually I will just say "get that one and that one, oh and that one too."

I love my new camera I got. It is worlds better than the other.

How is it doing? I have heard that they can be difficult to keep for long periods. Has it moved around?

It looks amazing for sure and I haven't had any problems yet. He does move a little bit but its limited because of my rocks. We'll see what happens to him down the road. I got it for $9.99. Great deal.

I'm off to go to my LRS go to their annual store sale. Everything they have will be 30% to 50% off. I'm going to go pick up a new Coral for tank. I've been wanting to put some ricordia in so I hope they have a good selection for me. Are there any in particular that someone could recommend? Are the ones that are easier to care for then others? Just curious.

corallineadam

well whatd you find????? :D

IME all ric's are pretty easy :)

i have heard that the deeper colored ones are easier than the really brightly, lightly colored ones, but that is not at all from my personal experience...

well whatd you find????? :D

IME all ric's are pretty easy :)

i have heard that the deeper colored ones are easier than the really brightly, lightly colored ones, but that is not at all from my personal experience...

I did get a couple of Rics. $36 for two of them on a small rock. Absolutely amazing deal. One of them dark and one of them light. I'm very excited about my new purchase. I'm going in to put up some pictures once I take them.

Thanks for the tip.

look for some zoanthids, ricordea, and muchrooms. they are great coral and very hardy.

Got some rics. They are amazing.

A little while ago I got some graet zoanthids. Here's a couple of pictures I took a little while ago. I like these pictures.

One of those is a big thanks to Bird. He sent me a great package in the mail. Absolutely made my day. Thanks again. thanks for the great gift.

CIMG9395.jpg

CIMG9287.jpg

CIMG9219.jpg

If I was going to add a different pump to my tank what is one you would recommend? I have a stock pump and I am thinking about changing it or adding another. Any ideas on what you think and/or would use?

Archived