SaltCritters.com

Running a fishtank without any arms or legs

dexter1080

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are adorable. You are a lucky guy to have such a crew at hand.

You do know the tang will be too large for the tank in no time though?

Oh yeah. It will break their hearts if i told them to return it though. So I'll keep it for as long as I can untill then.

Love the rics

the tank is looking awesome

you're a real inspiration keep it up

Thanks for the compliment my friend. This is a tough hobby no doubt about it. I'm glad everything is going well right now. I love it so much. It's almost better than TV.

animalmaster6

I LOVE Blue tangs. If i ever got one i would name it Dori or Francisco.

O yeah i have a new tank... 125 GALLONS!!!!!! I'll put the thread in my signature sooN!

Ok, I now have a new picture on the first page of a full tank shot. I think it's looking pretty nice. I like it. It's slowly coming along. Slowly but surely.

Hey, just wanted to say I love the tank and how it has come along. I love the diversity you have and this is something I hope to achieve myself. Keep it going!

Oh my gosh. I would love to add this to my tank.It has amazing colors. I don't know where to get it but I would really love to. I think that it's a Ricordia but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Absolutely beautiful.

2316833840048510654yOWPHo_ph.jpg

Here are a few new pictures. A few of the tank, my sea cucumber, my new blue tang and some good video too.

Ricordia rock.

CIMG9657.jpg

CIMG9666.jpg

Cool shot from down low.

CIMG9667.jpg

My new blue tang and clown fish posing for the camera.

CIMG9682.jpg

CIMG9685.jpg

CIMG9686.jpg

th_CIMG9670.jpg

Watch this sea cucumber eat. It's fascinating!

CIMG9675.jpg

CIMG9678.jpg

CIMG9680.jpg

th_CIMG9653.jpg

sweet set-up man

the tank looks very good

like the hi-fin there one of my favorites

Yeah. I dig him. He's like a guard from england. Just hangs tight.

I read your whole thread and your tank is awesome! I bought the same tank this Xmas I will be setting it up in a few days, and I can't wait. I just watched the video of your sea cucumber eating and that is the most awesome thing I have seen. I am definitely getting one of those eventually.

I have a question. Regarding changes to your tank, I think the only modification that you've made is that you got rid of the bio balls and have media baskets? What exactly is your setup and what kind of maintenance schedule do you have, etc..

Congrats on a great tank!

:)

I read your whole thread and your tank is awesome! I bought the same tank this Xmas I will be setting it up in a few days, and I can't wait. I just watched the video of your sea cucumber eating and that is the most awesome thing I have seen. I am definitely getting one of those eventually.

I have a question. Regarding changes to your tank, I think the only modification that you've made is that you got rid of the bio balls and have media baskets? What exactly is your setup and what kind of maintenance schedule do you have, etc..

Congrats on a great tank!

:)

Hey congrats bud. This is a very fun hobby. It's tough at first but you'll get the hang of it. I feel honored that I am your first post! thanks for the compliment by the way.

I don't be too much maintenance besides cleaning around the front of the glass and replacing the filter floss weekly. I do water changes probably about every three weeks or so, I put in about 5 gallons of new water. Everybody on here seems like they use some sort of special water but to tell you the truth, I just go to the store and get filtered water. Mix the salt and heat it up for a few days. Then my caregivers and neighbor girls help me do water changes. I put a bit of time into it weekly and it seems to be just fine for me.

I would get rid of the bio balls and put chemipure in the back. it works great for me and is very inexpensive.

keep in touch man. I would love to see your progress.

It's my birthday and I just turned 30 years old. Boy it feels weird. I got a great new knobby starfish from a good friend of mine and a beautiful new gorgonian coral for myself. A great deal for $14.95 I'll get a few pictures and post them shortly.

My new Gorgonian. Wow, it's beautiful!

CIMG9805.jpg

CIMG9824.jpg

CIMG9847.jpg

CIMG9849.jpg

CIMG9851.jpg

Here are a few other random pictures I took. A few of the Blue Tang my mom got me for Christmas

CIMG9811.jpg

CIMG9818.jpg

CIMG9819.jpg

CIMG9820.jpg

CIMG9837.jpg

CIMG9839.jpg

CIMG9840.jpg

CIMG9842.jpg

Happy Birthday!!! :)

this tank is coming along nicely and i hope u know the gorgo is Non-photosynthetic but i dont think it will be a problem because u can keep the sea cucumber which is similar in care.

Happy B day Dex... Tank and new stuff looks great! I've been following along, your doing a great job with the tank.

Whereabouts in Seattle are you? I'm just across the water in Bremerton, next time I head to Seattle I'll try to come check out your tank and b.s. a bit.

looks good where in seattle are you

happy belated birthday

me and the gf might be going to uni in seattle, hopefully

if we do it would be cool to visit your tank or something

looking good mate

looks good where in seattle are you

I'm actually about 20 minutes north of Seattle in Lynnwood. Right past shoreline.

Archived