Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Running a fishtank without any arms or legs

dexter1080

Well... we ended up actually clearing out the tank and replacing all the sand. I think that it was definitely needed. It was quite a process that definitely looks amazing now! Highly recommend!

I just bought a new camera that works great. I'm going to be uploading some pictures and posting them on here very shortly. You are going to have to tell me what you think.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
dexter1080

So I'm about to go get a Mandarin Dragnet and I'm very very excited! I've been thinking about it for a long time and I finally decided to go for it. Copepods are running around in plenty! it's time to make the move.

dexter1080
there are any tips, how to maintain a colt coral?

Every time I take care of them, it always die :(

Wow. I am very surprised. Mine grow like a weed. It is getting way too big for my tank actually. I'm going to end up trading it in here pretty soon.

• 3 months later...
Any updates Dextor( ;) saltwater fish fan)??Its been quite some time since any activity here.

Hows the tank going??

Yeah, everything is growing like mad. I haven't taken any pictures in a while though.

• 3 weeks later...
If youre running out of space maybe its time for a bigger tank. :D

Glad to hear all is growing.Post some pixs when you get a chance.

K, here are some pictures that I recently took!

check them out and tell me what you think.

K, here are some pictures that I recently took!

check them out and tell me what you think.

Whoop's. Forgot to post the code.

SANY0006-1.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0008-1.jpg

SANY0009-2.jpg

SANY0011-1.jpg

SANY0013-1.jpg

SANY0016.jpg

SANY0018-1.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

SANY0024.jpg

SANY0032-1.jpg

SANY0048.jpg

Dexter:

You are one of those people who should inspire many, I just want to say thanks, cause not enough people are grateful for what they have and constantly complain about their life. You are making the best out of your situation and don't let anything stop you. You can do anything and have anything if you want it bad enough, just cause your handicapped does not mean crap.... anyhoo about your tank, it looks great, I also have a BC29 and have done the mods to it including the lights, mine is still fairly young so all my corals are still small, I can't wait for them to get big and spread... woooo well I am glad you found this hobby and yes there are a lot of people on here that are very nice and supportive... so good luck with your tank and of course we are all here if ya need anything :D

• 4 weeks later...
MusicISUnlimited

tank looks great man. Its cool your from seattle :) Thats where my favorite music of all time (Grunge) originated from..always wanted to go to seattle.

that purple feather thing is awesome! never seen one like that

It's called a feather duster. It is definitely cool.

tank looks great man. Its cool your from seattle :) Thats where my favorite music of all time (Grunge) originated from..always wanted to go to seattle.

It looks like you like grunge. you've Got it in your pictures.

• 1 month later...
Well... we ended up actually clearing out the tank and replacing all the sand. I think that it was definitely needed. It was quite a process that definitely looks amazing now! Highly recommend!

Cool. What kind of sand? How is it working out now that a few months have past? :)

^ agreed. i would like to know how things have grown in since it's been a while since your last post!

yeah it;s been a while. The tank isn't doing too great and somebody stole my camera!

SANY0024.jpg

Those grow like weeds in my tank. They're called Ring of Fire zoas according to zoaid.com. I have them 8" from the 110w PC lights and in a few months, 10 polyps grew into about 100 and the skirts are bright, shiny orange. :happy:

Put yours close to the top and you'll have a huge colony.

Here's mine...

11j0y0y.jpg

• 2 years later...

Dexter.......great tank. Thanks for sharing your inspirational story.

I'm curious...how is the small tang doing in your tank?

Archived