Cultivated Reef

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

Johnmaloney at Reef Cleaners (one of our Sponsors) is running a special sale for the contestants in this Tank Contest.

He is offering 25% off your order, and if you end up being one of the winners you will get a refund on your purchases at his store.

His store sells Clean Up Crews at great prices, as well as some really cool macroalgaes. Here's a link to the store:

http://reefcleaners.org/

When you place your order, mention your NR screen name and include a link to your Contest Tank thread. There is discount code you will need to enter at checkout, PM either johnmaloney or me to get the code.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnmaloney at Reef Cleaners (one of our Sponsors) is running a special sale for the contestants in this Tank Contest.

He is offering 25% off your order, and if you end up being one of the winners you will get a refund on your purchases at his store.

His store sells Clean Up Crews at great prices, as well as some really cool macroalgaes. Here's a link to the store:

http://reefcleaners.org/

When you place your order, mention your NR screen name and include a link to your Contest Tank thread. There is discount code you will need to enter at checkout, PM either johnmaloney or me to get the code.

:huh:

:o

omgomgomg omgomgomg

Thank you sir John Maloney Reef Cleaner sir!! :lol:

missed the deadline............... :angry:

No, I don't think so. My payment, and thread were posted earlier, should be in time. I didn't consider which time zone was established as the deadline.

Weetie, please say it's so! Even now, it's 6 minutes til 9/18!

No, I don't think so. My payment, and thread were posted earlier, should be in time. I didn't consider which time zone was established as the deadline.

Weetie, please say it's so! Even now, it's 6 minutes til 9/18!

Actually, you WERE late.

Deadline was 12 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Whaddya say guys, do we let him in?

Let him in with a $5 budget penalty (i.e. budget of $245 instead of $250)?

Let him in with a $5 Paypal penalty towards the prize money?

Well, I guess I'm not going to play this time :(

I am looking forward to seeing all the tanks though. This should be pretty interesting.

I still think my idea was pretty cool. Should I share? Maybe someone else can be inspired by it and pull it off.

Actually, you WERE late.

Deadline was 12 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Whaddya say guys, do we let him in?

Let him in with a $5 budget penalty (i.e. budget of $245 instead of $250)?

Let him in with a $5 Paypal penalty towards the prize money?

Reading the rules, I didn't see any reference to which time zone we are going by, but I will agree to the terms you guys decide on. I'd prefer to contribute $5 to the prize money, as the budget is rather tight to start with.

Did not get into the contest but want to track all of the tanks and could not figure out a better way to do it. I guess I could have put "nice idea" or "can't wait to see it up and running" but that seems condescending to me.

Or could have thrown this up 45921569.interesting.gif

So please don't ban me from following along if I have irritated you!!!!!

68416018.sbKmucgi.banned.gif

Did not get into the contest but want to track all of the tanks and could not figure out a better way to do it. I guess I could have put "nice idea" or "can't wait to see it up and running" but that seems condescending to me.

Or could have thrown this up 45921569.interesting.gif

So please don't ban me from following along if I have irritated you!!!!!

68416018.sbKmucgi.banned.gif

:lol: you've got a long way to go to get to all of them then :P

it was just funny, I kept seeing new posts in the contest threads, and it was you every time :lol:

:lol: you've got a long way to go to get to all of them then :P

So hey Weetie, could you post the screen names of all of the contestants now that entry is closed so that we can follow up on the progress please????????????????????????

P.S. don't make me send my kung fu homie after you now!!!

t246415886_57572_7.gif

Reading the rules, I didn't see any reference to which time zone we are going by, but I will agree to the terms you guys decide on. I'd prefer to contribute $5 to the prize money, as the budget is rather tight to start with.

I always put 12 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) on all of the posts.

A $5 penalty towards the prizes is fine, you know the PayPal addy.

I was thinking that for glennr1978, we could do the same thing we are for nanoty, since he just dealt with a hurricane as well. He could start a couple of weeks late as long as he agrees to the end of the contest being the same for him as everyone else.

Awesome!!! Thanks you guys. I'll try to get this thing started ASAP. I just need to work a few shifts and get my bank account off of life support before I can spend ANY money on "fish stuff" (what my wife calls it).

I plan on using LR that I've had sitting in a rubbermaid container since I tore down my 30g, and water from my 40g (I change 10g a week, which will be perfect for a 10g tank). that being said, I shouldn't have to long of a cycle on the contest tank. So I should be right on schedule with everyone else in a couple of weeks.

Quick question, do LPS have to be shipped overnight like SPS (sorry for such a noob question, I've never kept LPS before)??

Awesome!!! Thanks you guys. I'll try to get this thing started ASAP. I just need to work a few shifts and get my bank account off of life support before I can spend ANY money on "fish stuff" (what my wife calls it).

I plan on using LR that I've had sitting in a rubbermaid container since I tore down my 30g, and water from my 40g (I change 10g a week, which will be perfect for a 10g tank). that being said, I shouldn't have to long of a cycle on the contest tank. So I should be right on schedule with everyone else in a couple of weeks.

Quick question, do LPS have to be shipped overnight like SPS (sorry for such a noob question, I've never kept LPS before)??

simple answer...yes. all that flesh hanging out with their sharp skeletons is a bad mix in a bag of water. Faster it makes it, the better off you are. (IMO, LPS are harder to ship than SPS).

I always put 12 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) on all of the posts.

A $5 penalty towards the prizes is fine, you know the PayPal addy.

Hi Weetie, somehow I missed the reference to EST, will you please point me to where it was stated in the rules? I'd like to be sure that I'm not missing any other rules which would affect my ability to remain in the contest.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Weetie, somehow I missed the reference to EST, will you please point me to where it was stated in the rules? I'd like to be sure that I'm not missing any other rules which would affect my ability to remain in the contest.

Thanks,

Johnny

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1817331

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1816101

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1816456

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1814974

So hey Weetie, could you post the screen names of all of the contestants now that entry is closed so that we can follow up on the progress please????????????????????????

t246415886_57572_7.gif

Ack! Please, no, not the Kung Fu homie with the Slobbery Hand of DOOM!!!! :scarry:

I have an updated list of all the official contestants on the first post in the thread, with a link to their contest tank threads as well.

Go check out your competition guys!

t246415886_57572_7.gif

:haha:

I just saw that!

Archived