Coral Vue Hydros

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

Thank you. I expected all the rules to be posted in the first post.

Is there any chance of consolidating all the rules to a single place in the original post of the this thread?

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an updated list of all the official contestants on the first post in the thread, with a link to their contest tank threads as well.

Go check out your competition guys!

EmoticonThankYou.gif You are the best!!!!

Thank you. I expected all the rules to be posted in the first post.

Is there any chance of consolidating all the rules to a single place in the original post of the this thread?

sure thing...

Well...one of those that I listed was only 5 posts above one you made (in response to a post directly above Weetie's no less). But sarcasm aside, if you're unsure of something in the rules, it's better to ask prior to possible deadlines/before you do something instead of assuming and finding out later that you were outside of the rules. I'm sure Weet or someone else would have been perfectly happy to point you in the right direction, just as has been the case through much of this thread (re: bulkheads, modding, pricing, etc.) The last thing you want (or anyone else for that matter) is a DQ based on some misunderstanding of a rule :)

All the rules that are now applicable to the contest ARE posted in the original post of the thread, but I would advise making sure to read through the thread since there will be updates, examples, and clarifications that would be useful to know. If Weet added ALL of those to the first post, it would be a novel, and would kill the goal of simplicity for the contest.

So...on with the contest. I'm sure everyone's glad you've joined the competition. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you can do on this minimal budget. :)

Hi everybody! ReefCleaners.org wants to be a part of this, and we will be doing the following specials for only the contestants: (Sorry if you aren't in the contest, these discounts won't apply to your order - Additionally the entirety of the order must be placed in the contest tank- we can do split orders for your other tanks).

25% off everything we sell. Use the discount code "nrtankcontest" during checkout. In the comments section during checkout please leave a link to your contest thread. We talked to Weetie about this, and the discounted price will be used in the budget, since it is available to all contestants for the duration of the contest.

The winners will receive a refund on the purchases they made from us.

We will select a "best overall use of macro algae" winner, in our sole judgment, and refund them 50% of the purchase price of any macro algae they purchased from us.

Good luck to all of you!! And may the people who don't make purchases from us win so we can keep the money! ;)

Hi everybody! ReefCleaners.org wants to be a part of this, and we will be doing the following specials for only the contestants: (Sorry if you aren't in the contest, these discounts won't apply to your order).

25% off everything we sell. Use the discount code "nrtankcontest" during checkout. IN the comments section during checkout please leave a link to your contest thread.

We will select a "best overall use of macro algae" winner, in our sole judgment, and refund them 50% of the purchase price of any macro algae they purchased from us.

Good luck to you all!

:blink::wub:

Hi everybody! ReefCleaners.org wants to be a part of this, and we will be doing the following specials for only the contestants: (Sorry if you aren't in the contest, these discounts won't apply to your order).

25% off everything we sell. Use the discount code "nrtankcontest" during checkout. IN the comments section during checkout please leave a link to your contest thread.

Good luck to you all!

Cool! I'm planning to stock a diverse range of macro algae in the fuge and diplay of my contest tank. If I have it in the budget to buy any, I'll order from you. Otherwise I'll be clipping from my main tank.

Thanks guys for clarifying the rules. I'm looking forward to the event!

*In reference to my earlier post*

yes please i wont take it my tank doesnt fit the standard

I'm still kicking myself for not doing this.

86.jpg

Some of you may reconize this, but for those that don't, this is the work of legendary aquarist Takashi Amano.

I so wanted to recreate that in a saltwater environment. Use low growing, encrusting corals like GSP, snowflake polyps or encrusting gorgonian to simulate the forground plants, small school of masked gobies or cave gobies, a few colorful zoas or similar on some of the exposed rock. There was another aquascape that had an open sandbed that I wanted to use in this also. Clean and minimalist.

Maybe next time.

If someone wants to use this idea, go ahead. My fealings won't be hurt. I'd actually feel good to see this idea get created.

wow thats a really cool idea there evil. i have the perfect tank for somthing like that at home in CA is a 90 long and low 72 X 24 X 12 that was my old show tank when i had a species only tank.

My wife loves that stuff (she calls it grass). She was bummed when I irradicated the stuff from my BC14. It's nice to look at, but what a weed!

Yeah, but a tank dedicated to GSP, especially Amano style, would be something to behold!

Dangit you, now I'm tempted to do a tiny (1gal or less) with just GSP covering everything except the front glass......

Yeah, but a tank dedicated to GSP, especially Amano style, would be something to behold!

Dangit you, now I'm tempted to do a tiny (1gal or less) with just GSP covering everything except the front glass......

that'd be cool with anemone shrimps

25% off everything we sell. Use the discount code "nrtankcontest" during checkout. In the comments section during checkout please leave a link to your contest thread.

Good luck to all of you!! And may the people who don't make purchases from us win so we can keep the money! ;)

What about for those of us who can't partake, but donated anyways??? :)

J/K....it is awesome to see you do this for the contestants tho!!

Weetie, will you be using Reefcleaners 25% discount as the standard pricing then for items offered there in terms of budgets. Just curious.

Best of luck everyone!! Can't wait to see all the progress!

By the way, a simplistic GSP tank would be something else.....maybe even a Kenya "tree" in a meadow of GSP "grass." Just a thought.

^^^^^Someone has to do this....I have a friend who has GSP on his back glass of a 65 tall, it's a good foot by four inches, and he's been wanting to remove it. I'm sure he'd sell it if anyone was interested. The piece is just a flat mat attached to the glass, but I know he's peeled off some before very easily.

do it!!! doooo iiiiiiiit!!!! ;)

What about for those of us who can't partake, but donated anyways??? :)

Weetie, will you be using Reefcleaners 25% discount as the standard pricing then for items offered there in terms of budgets. Just curious.

See Addendum A1 to answer your question.

For those who don't know, JKUNZ very generously donated $20 toward the prize money, even though he was unable to participate in the contest.

I will try to add a list of donors and Sponsored Specials to the first post when I get a chance, which will probably be later tonight.

Cool! I'm planning to stock a diverse range of macro algae in the fuge and diplay of my contest tank. If I have it in the budget to buy any, I'll order from you. Otherwise I'll be clipping from my main tank.

Thanks guys for clarifying the rules. I'm looking forward to the event!

Just to be sure we're clear, any livestock taken or "clipped" from your existing tanks still has to be deducted from your budget.

Please see Addendum A for a description of how that will be calculated.

Archived