Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yay! the more the merrier

the competition is getting crazy! :bowdown:

Yeah, we've been getting some good last minute entries.

Keep 'em coming I say, the more contestants we have, the bigger the prizes at the end will be, since they're taken from the entry fees.

Just a couple of thoughts:

I think we should keep a running total of our current expenditures underneath the pic of our tank in our first post. That way it's less confusing for kmitch and I (and anyone else, really) to keep track of everyone's budget. Everytime you purchase something new, just go to the first post on your thread, hit the "edit" button on the bottom of the post, and add the new purchases to the list.

I also think that we need to post a FTS on the 17th of every month for the duration of the competition.

I'll edit the first post after a bit to reflect this.

Thats a good idea.

I so want to get in on this, but my wife will kill me. It will have her favorite coral in it though, so maybe I can weasel it that way :D

bribery and flattering comments work the best for me when i want more as my wife calls "fish stuff". Take her out to a nice dinner and liqour her up a bit works every time for me

I think that if I stay within my budget (not the contest budget) she won't have an issue with it. The bigger issue is where am I going to put it!

Now that I think about it, she did say that she wanted her own tank one day....

Hmm....

I had to go into work early so I wont be able to get my picture up till tomorrow... is this going to be a problem?

I get off work at 2:00am

Just start a tank thread and say in the first post that you will have the pic up shortly, or something to that effect.

Alrighty folks, I need entry payments from 6 more people.

I need tank threads from 8 more people (including Prowland).

Git R Done by 12 EST tonight!!!

For those that are still somewhat on the fence about this, I'm working on getting more prizes....

Entry fee sent! (almost sent you $165)

O(≧∇≦)O

Yeah, $165 is the entry fee!

J/K.

Okay, got it, just need a link to your tank thread now. Make sure you have something about the Contest in the thread title.

I think I'm going to have to bow out of this one afterall. With the move, a new computer, and buying 4 new tires for my wifes' car this morning, I really shouldn't be starting another tank right now. Even if it is only $300.

I will likely go ahead with the build, and even stick to the guidelines (I like a challenge), but I just won't be able to start it for atleast a couple of weeks. Sorry guys.

I had something really cool planned, you all would've been fighting for second place anyway!!!!

Lol, jk. Good luck to everyone. I expect to see some awesome little tanks come out of this!!!

Think we could make an exception for him? He does live in TX & has been rather busy lately not to mention more out of pocket expenses. :D

I was thinking that for glennr1978, we could do the same thing we are for nanoty, since he just dealt with a hurricane as well. He could start a couple of weeks late as long as he agrees to the end of the contest being the same for him as everyone else.

This contest is unofficial...... I'm just saying...

What's this "most innovative" catagory?

What's this "most innovative" catagory?

innovative

adjective

1. ahead of the times; "the advanced teaching methods"; "had advanced views on the subject"; "a forward-looking corporation"; "is British industry innovative enough?" [syn: advanced]

2. being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before; "stylistically innovative works"; "innovative members of the artistic community"; "a mind so innovational, so original"

innovative

adjective

1. ahead of the times; "the advanced teaching methods"; "had advanced views on the subject"; "a forward-looking corporation"; "is British industry innovative enough?" [syn: advanced]

2. being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before; "stylistically innovative works"; "innovative members of the artistic community"; "a mind so innovational, so original"

Just wait until you see mine, I hate to show it to everyone before its done but at least I get to start late :P

innovative

adjective

:angry: You're just lucky I can't banninate you! <_<

I'm innovative as can be!!!

How many others do you know with (soon to be) Sexy tanks that house sexy shrimp, harlequin shrimp and pom pom crabs?!

Bwahahahhaha!

p(*^-^*)q

Add me in for a 5.5 still dont know where the heck im going to set it up . Ill post a thread shortly (tonight) please forward the PAYPAL info

You got it!

Hurry up folks, we're coming down to the wire!

Archived