Coral Vue Hydros

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

Question!

If I use DIY rock will the costs for the materials not count towards my budget since it is my LR? Need to be sure before I proceed with my ebil ebil plans.

Supplies for rock won't count.

Carry on mr. ebil. ;)

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I talked to my parents, and , surprisingly, paypal is fine with them, so I'll be getting that to you shortly. Do I need your account name/number or something? (sorry, I have no idea how paypal works!). If you want you could just pm me to make sure I don't screw this up. :/

-Jamie

Im a little up in the air as to whether Im going to do a 5.5 or a 10 can I let ya know on monday? it kind of depends on lighting and such I already have.

can we use live rock, and water from a tank were are taking down?

Yes!

Im a little up in the air as to whether Im going to do a 5.5 or a 10 can I let ya know on monday? it kind of depends on lighting and such I already have.

Sure, no prob, just LMK.

If it makes any difference, we could actually use a few more people in the 10g category right now.

Kmitch needs a little more competition! :D

Picked up a 5.5 and 10 today. Still can't decide which to use for the contest... (assuming it is ok to change it until the entry deadline)

Lighting cost isn't much different between the two. Don't really have anywhere to put a 10g though, but the 5.5g would probably be on on the corner of my desk.

Decisions decisions...

This sounds like fun..and well I like fun

I am in :P I had to take my 20L down to change the flooring in my room so everything was put in my 75g..I will have to buy a light but I have the filter, heater, sand and rock

I have a 10 and a 5.5 hmmm

I will do the 10g

don't hate the player hate the game.

go me! lol

who do I paypal my sixteen fiddy too?

My Thoroughly Disqualified 5.5

Since its not a AGA 5.5 gallon tank and its a Custom made job i do not qualify in the contest but i thought it over and i am still going to make a 5.5 gallon tank to compete in the contest with full knowing that i will not win.

the cube is 12 X 12 X 10 (aprox 5.5 gallons) and overflow is 9 1/4X 5 X 6 1/2 (aprox 1 gallon). there are two returns feed externally and one drain plumbed to a SCWD wavemaker. A Viper 70w HQI and a Mag 3 will be the closed loop pump. Items in the overflow: 25 watt stealth heater, Cheato, Purigen, Chemi Pure Elite , Seagel carbon and filter pad changed weekly

This tank will be a SPS only ( from my diplay tank nothing will be bought )with no livestock other than the copepod Population that develops with a reef tanks. 7 1/2lbs of fully cycled live rock and the tank will be ran bare bottom

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

I will also throw in the contest money so i can compete full knowing i cannot win. maybe i can get a nod or a cool tank

cheers

tenoverthenose

Hi everyone, I have been hanging out and watching the excitement build and decided I would like to be a part of it. :D I will have my thread up on tuesday, just before the cutoff. Weetabix or kmitch please PM me the PayPal account name so I can pay my entrance fee.

Tom

I propose a "just outside the rules" category for those like scottyreef and kraylen's wooden tank.

A just for fun category, no entry fee or prizes, but we can still vote on the best one and this way they can still follow along and have fun too.

Seems to be a few folks out there who are close to being within the rules, or recently started their tanks.

JMO

:)

I propose a "just outside the rules" category for those like scottyreef and kraylen's wooden tank.

A just for fun category, no entry fee or prizes, but we can still vote on the best one and this way they can still follow along and have fun too.

Seems to be a few folks out there who are close to being within the rules, or recently started their tanks.

JMO

:)

I think this is a good idea, I'll try to start a thread for it soon.

Scottyreef, this one's for you!!!

So I CANT make a wooden tank? gay.

Well you CAN, and I'd actually be interested in seeing it, but not for this contest!

See above.

So we have to spend hundred of dollars on building a new tank, pay a entrance fee to provide prizes, We have to use only a 5.5 or 10g aga...... Win situation there kiddies!

I think this is a good idea, I'll try to start a thread for it soon.

Scottyreef, this one's for you!!!

Well you CAN, and I'd actually be interested in seeing it, but not for this contest!

See above.

thank you weetie you are tooo kind :wub:

i wont pester you anymore thanks

untitled.jpg

'Kay, on the "outside the rules" contest, what do you guys think about a 0-5.5g category and a 5.6-10g category?

And a wooden tank category, of course.

Same contest length, same budget?

I may not be able to keep track of both, is there anyone who would like to be in charge of the "other" contest if I get things started?

I may not be able to keep track of both, is there anyone who would like to be in charge of the "other" contest if I get things started?

*cough, cough...Kraylen and Scotty...cough, cough*

'Kay, on the "outside the rules" contest, what do you guys think about a 0-5.5g category and a 5.6-10g category?

And a wooden tank category, of course.

Same contest length, same budget?

Nuttin' to keep track of really.

They are OUTSIDE the rules already.

Call 'em " The Almost Official Unofficial Tank Contest contestants"

They supply a link to their tank thread and they get voted on at the end.

Dassit!

;)

hey i am just tagging along and i dont want to be considered i am just going to post updates on my tank. But if you guys want i can make up a another contest and i will manage it if there is a need for one

Rules Update:

Some people have PMed me about budgets and trying to sneak around the restrictions. The idea is for you to be creative and resourceful with the budget restriction, not to come up with a way to 'beat' the system.

All tank threads SHOULD have a short budget list in the thread to keep people posted of how much they've spent. It is not a requirement, but highly suggested to keep suspicious activity to a minimum.

Please save all receipts, the winner may be asked to verify their budget by submitting receipts for all items purchased or proof of value from all used items in the event of a questionable win. In my opinion if you keep a short budget list in your thread it'll be cool.

Example:

Tank- Included

T5HO Lights - $99

Sand/LR - Included

Red Mushroom- $5

Clownfish- $15

_______________________ +

Total spent = $119

ALSO, anyone wishing to join our contest needs to PM Weetie for the paypal address to send your entrance fee to. Even if you post your tank picture you will not be entered without the payment.

Finally- once you start your tank thread please remember to send Weetie a link to it so she can link from the first post to your thread.

Thx

Archived