Coral Vue Hydros

Diggmans's 3g JBJ Pico

diggman08

I am glad you are ok. Everything is good? Hey Digg , I have been meaning to ask you if you are still running that submersible light in your fuge? If so how is the cheato growth, the temp? And do you have a link to get one? I know you picked it up here in the classifieds, but I was just wondering if you know of somewhere to get one? Thanks again.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey smitty,, i have know clue were else to get one.. you just have to search around.. try EBAY..

dude the chaeto growth is great,, the whole ac 70 is full of it now.. and its think and green.. you can see lots of pods in there.. but twice as many in the tank :) i also notice lots of stometella snails in my tank,( i thnk, the hitchhicker ones with out shell).. ive heard there the best you can get

anyway,, the temp never gets above 79-80..

i would suggest using one definetly over a clamp on....( they just look uglyy) and the light is alot further away to penetrate)

skump i know when hurricane season ends... but really in actuallity we dont have to worry to much after begining of octoberish.. just not gonna happen

hey smitty,, i have know clue were else to get one.. you just have to search around.. try EBAY..

dude the chaeto growth is great,, the whole ac 70 is full of it now.. and its think and green.. you can see lots of pods in there.. but twice as many in the tank :) i also notice lots of stometella snails in my tank,( i thnk, the hitchhicker ones with out shell).. ive heard there the best you can get

anyway,, the temp never gets above 79-80..

i would suggest using one definetly over a clamp on....( they just look uglyy) and the light is alot further away to penetrate)

skump i know when hurricane season ends... but really in actuallity we dont have to worry to much after begining of octoberish.. just not gonna happen

Hey Digg I found this oneLight AND pump ! Check it out. Is this similar to what you are using? It also comes with the ph !!! Sweet ! Only thing is, is I am wondering if this has a brass and or copper sleve on the pump shaft! Tell me what you think of the light though. Thanks !

Matt

Hey Digg. Just checking in on how things are going with you. Sounds like it has been a really eventful couple of weeks for you. Glad to hear that you were spared any major problems other than downed limbs and being without power. I was thinking about you when I was tracking the storm and keeping an eye on things.

We were a little nervous here in Charleston seeing Hanna head our way but it ended up pretty much being a non-event.

Hope you guys make it through Ike alright as well....hopefully it will be the last storm of the season.

thanks for the kinds words and concern Dive,, i dont wish ike on anyone, but i am so glad it steered to the West.. we need a break over here ;)

guys bad news.. just about all my palys look like SH#$ and are seem to be melting away :( im trying to ignore it so i dont get bumbed out... the only healthy ones are NUke Green and Widow Makers, o and the GPE's

i dont know what it is,,, one day they were fne and the next ..... ??

SMitty mike light looks just like that :) go for it

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys...

well I read your entire thread and it looks killer. i have a couple questions

1. How did you paint the tank? I got the krylon stuff... how many coats did you use? Issues or things you would have done differently?

2. Hows the submersible light working out in the fuge? What is the brand? I think it is pretty cool and I like it!

3. How did you get the pods to multiply so fast?

thanks

:D

Hey Guys...

well I read your entire thread and it looks killer. i have a couple questions

1. How did you paint the tank? I got the krylon stuff... how many coats did you use? Issues or things you would have done differently?

2. Hows the submersible light working out in the fuge? What is the brand? I think it is pretty cool and I like it!

3. How did you get the pods to multiply so fast?

thanks

:D

1. I put several thin coats on the back of my glass to get it flat black. Just remember to use several thin coats of paint so it doesn't start to get drippy. Thin coat, wait a minute, thin coat, wait a minute ,etc

2. The submersible lights work okay -- you can get them from discount-pumps.biz

Jason

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Is it a significant difference? I am considering the double 10 watt light for a 5.5 gallon but I don't want to overheat the tank.

i have no heat issues with mght sublight,, and i run it during my day cycle.. also i would guess the stock light would be suffiecient,, but its so dang ugly lookin..

ps.. sorry i havent been on here in a while guys,, ill try to stay tuned

Not if you run it opposite your regular lights.

um it would still heat up your water! just less work for your heater.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Is it a significant difference? I am considering the double 10 watt light for a 5.5 gallon but I don't want to overheat the tank.

It will probably wont overheat your tank. Since the colder weather is coming, I'm sure it will help keep things warm in your tank.

I followed Diggmans lead and also run the submersible light in my ac 70 pico. It works great with no heat issues at all. I was also worried about the heat as well , but none to worry about. I use the 5 watt model though. So maybe a 10 would be different.

I followed Diggmans lead and also run the submersible light in my ac 70 pico. It works great with no heat issues at all. I was also worried about the heat as well , but none to worry about. I use the 5 watt model though. So maybe a 10 would be different.

I just went to order that light from http://www.discount-pumps.biz/pond-lights.htm and they are out of the 1 lighted ones, I might have to get the dual light.

ok i deserve to be burned and yelled at here..

i havent cleaned my glass in like 2-3weeks,, and havent changed the water in 2-3weeks,,( be gentle)

but suprisingly the palys are starting to open..lol.. very wierd,, anyway,,, this weekend i will be doing a SUPER CLEANING and probably 30-40% water change..

guess all those worms/pods and chaeto and good rocks keeping the tank going well,, because in 3 weeks of no WC,, i have not ONE strand of Algae, and rock work looks really clean and sand also..

but i know that water needs to be freshed up a bit :)

• 3 weeks later...

pic update.... sorry its been so long guys... i went to lfs the other day.. compeletly detailed(cleaned) my tank,, it was horrible you could barley see through the glass.. anyway

i picked up a Yellow Diamond watchman goby ( namedhim Goldstene)

2 awesome mushroom rocks of different var.

1 zoa rock full of zoas

2 snails ( 1 turbo , 1 marg)

1 blue leg herm

here ya go enjoy.. and ill try and stay more religous one my thread for you guys ;)

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

edit sorry some of the pics arent real clear.. its been awhile guys im a little rusty ;)

Thanks for the update pics digg !!! So whats up with your coraline growth on your rocks. Looks a little reccesive. My 3 gallon toms was having same issues in this department until I adjusted my mag, calc, and alk. I have some type of unided clams in my lr. Been there since I got lr like 8 months ago. Calcium hogs !!!!! Anyways I think dirtier water might be good for zoanthids. I use to do 1-2 wc's a week just because it is so easy. Now I do them every 10-15 days. I think my tank is healthier for this.

yeah im pretty bumbed about the coraline.. it was so full and purple before.. its my fault though... thats what you get when you dont change water and keep up with the params for a month..

no calcium=no coraline.. blahh.. i have my money on that it will be back covered on the rocks within the next few months :) ( as long as keep up with my WC's that is)

Archived