ReefCleaners.org

Diggmans's 3g JBJ Pico

diggman08

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well now the ric is opened fullly and the green shooms at top of tank, are not fullly openeing..... This calls for some parameter checks.. possible salinity problem.. ill look into this and let you guys know...

its really buggin me... its like when i didnt do water changes my corals were happier... now that im giving them new replenished water , its like there not wanting it..

You could always try switching salts. I use to think doing too many water changes was bad, but I just don't see how clean water can have a negative effect on corals?

Sorry to hear that the corals seem to be going back and forth for you. I would agree with the above that I can't see how being diligent with water changes could be detrimental. A little dirty water never hurt anyone but I can't see that being the reason.

What salt are you using and have you switched it at any point? The only thing that I could think that would improve it would be to use a higher end salt. Might have to bite the bullet and pay the extra $$ in the beginning but heck, a small bucket of salt should last you months with just 1 gallon water changes. These higher end salts should contain more trace elements and other "goodies." The only thing that I can think of that would be affecting coral health would be that, since the tank is so small, trace elements are being depleted and not replenished fast enough.

Just my thoughts on an early Friday...

thanks Spank,, and for the critics guys..

dive,, im using one of the best salts out there.. Tropic Marine Pro... its not Cheap $$$$$

only thing i can think of.. is i bought some Purple UP to get the calcium levels up.. to try and get my bleached calcuim starving live rock back ,,, and that is causing this problem..

other than that,, i have no Clue??? btw Yesterday they looked more open ..

intially i may have overdosed it a little... and now it could be leveling out.

dive,, im using one of the best salts out there.. Tropic Marine Pro... its not Cheap $$$$$

Sounds like you should be fine with the trace elements then.

The only other than that I can think of is the Purple Up....like you said, might have overdone it and now things are tapering back off. Have you checked your Mg, Ca, and Alk lately? The PurpleUp might have shot your Alk through the roof as well and that might be what is p*ssing off your softies.

im guilty... i dont even have a Mag. test kit :blush:

i will test my CAlcium & Alk today though ... then do a small WC

also.. every 2-4 weeks.. ill put a few drops of Kent TEch Time release Iodine.. or whatever its called.

but its such a small amount.. i doubt its that...plus,, the problems just started when purple up came into play..

Tsk Tsk Tsk same with Iodine, especially in such a small volume of water. Your water changes should be giving you everything you need in this tank IMO. I cannot imagine having to dose anything with your livestock and a good WEEKLY water change schedule. Iodine will build up quickly, are your testing for that?

the only reason i do,, is because ive been going month or more with out waterchanges...

and trace elements in that small amount of water over that long period of time,, with alot of coral.... it depleats quickly... so thats why i was doing it...

but now that im tryin to get back on track with the water changes,, im gonna hold off on the suppl..

i mean when i say i put a couple of drops i mean,, literally like a DROP.. like a rain drop...

Trust me i dont want chemical soup ,, i know what your sayin Spank.

• 2 months later...

Let's see when was his last post.

diggman08 post Feb 20 2009, 12:09 PM

Oh My!! Over a month ago!!!!!

Who has neglected whom???????

Let's see when was his last post.

diggman08 post Feb 20 2009, 12:09 PM

Oh My!! Over a month ago!!!!!

Who has neglected whom???????

:D Here we are bumping his thread and he doesn't even have the decency to post back :P And to think he was a BC29 owner..... :happy:

Hope all is well....hope you're back around here a little more often.

lol spank.... man everytime i try and get back on here and stay getting on.. i dont.... ne how

i went to the fish store today.. got a nice feather duster, some margarits snails, emerald crab, Purigen, and some Filter Floss... o yeah and a small syphon.. which i will not be using a gain, because i dam near sucked all the water out my tank, and have my carpet is wet now..lol..

well.. thats about my first real update in a long time....

dive,,, ive been so busy man.. tryin to start the process of building my house and all.... just got my fence goin this week...

• 2 weeks later...

ok, see i give you an update, and what do i get... SILENCE ... its cool i see how it is.... i guess im going to head back to my model car forums and chat with cool people.

j/k ;)

i got bored the other day Dive and read my entire BC29 thread.. it was a sad moment.. i had a Corona to sooth my sorrows

i got bored the other day Dive and read my entire BC29 thread.. it was a sad moment.. i had a Corona to sooth my sorrows

It's a whole new latitude!!

So what is happening with the tank at this point in time. Ahem........Show us your foo!!!!!!!

Archived