Coral Vue Hydros

Diggmans's 3g JBJ Pico

diggman08

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Digg. Glad to hear that things are still moving along with your tank. It looks great and I'm glad to hear that your palys and zoas are doing a lot better.

I completely understand slacking on the tank....I have been in the same boat. I have made sure to keep up with water changes and cleaning, sort of, but just haven't been doing the best at monitoring levels and such. Now that the winter is approaching, hopefully I will have more time to devote to the tank.

Yeah pictures. Looks great glad to see every thing is open and healthy.

I have that fish in a 5.5 mine is called Cooper. They have some funny habits. After lights come on he comes out from his cave and if he does not get his flake for the day. He gets up on one of the top rocks and waits. When I walk near the tank he kinda does a flip. Really funny.

so what do you feed it and how often.. i fed mine some cycopeeze pellets yesterday and it didnt want them at all... the bristle worms came out the wood works when i but them in there..lol..

Most of the time flakes and once a week frozen myis(spelling) but I think he would eat any thing. Give him a couple days to get used to his new home. I do feed almost every day because I also have sexies with zoas and do not want to risk the sexies eating corals. This feeding will all change when I move the sexies to my new 3 gal picotope with just mushrooms, xenia, and maybe a couple other things but no zoas in there.

yeah im debating adding the pulsing xenia to mine,, i dont want it to take over!!!,, it kinda looks like weeds to me when it gets reallly thick

This pico is looking really nice! That YWG is an interesting addition. I thought about adding one to my pico but I'm still not over the death of my green clown goby.

IME, Xenia isn't that bad. They do have a mind of their own and stray away but they're easy to take out. It's GSP that you have to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...
clownfish1124
yeah im debating adding the pulsing xenia to mine,, i dont want it to take over!!!,, it kinda looks like weeds to me when it gets reallly thick

imo, xenia is more of a weed than gsp, it gets so long, the little 'flowers' on the ends start attaching next to your expensive frags and colonies and before you know it, they are all p'oed

• 1 month later...

Hey Digg...just wanted to see how it's going with you and the tank. Check out my thread when you get a chance....looks like I will be taking down the 29 after 18 months and starting fresh with either a 15g or 20H.

Hope all is well with you.

• 1 month later...
sorry its been so long guysill try and stay more religous one my thread for you guys ;)

What happened Digg ? You can make it all better with some update pics !!!! ;)

i know i know,, i just started getting back on here..i have alot of catchin up to do... im goin to check out the progress you guys ttanks have made since i been gone...

This pico is looking really nice! That YWG is an interesting addition. I thought about adding one to my pico but I'm still not over the death of my green clown goby.

IME, Xenia isn't that bad. They do have a mind of their own and stray away but they're easy to take out. It's GSP that you have to worry about.

I got both gsp and xenia in my 2.5g pico, is that going to be a problem? lol

Time for an update Digg!!! :)

Have you checked out my new 20H thread yet?

Glad to see you back on around here....I took a 3-5 month hiatus as well so don't feel left out. Life gets in the way sometimes.

I got both gsp and xenia in my 2.5g pico, is that going to be a problem? lol

I'm curious about this too, I haven't started up my 3g pico yet and it would be cool to get a heads up on what shouldn't be put together..?

gsp and xenia wont be a problem..its such a small tank. its not going to spread fast, as say, in a 60 gal.. youll be fine,..

thanks guys,, i neeed to get some pics for you all... i dont think anything as changed though,,, i havent added any new coral.... i have the yellow watchman goby in there,,, cant remember if i told yall.

new pics for you guys finally... nothing special

added a new yellow polyp frag and splitting ricordia frag yesterday.. they were only 10 bucks each.. couldnt pass em up.... thats the first thing ive added to the tank in such a long time.. i had to remember the process i always used for acclimation..lo... anywho enjoy the pics,,,

also i bought some purple up to get those calcuim starving rocks back to color :)

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

Archived