inTank Media Baskets

10 gallon fire hazard

hxcaquaman

omg-

that angler is awesome!!!!

do you know the species...or did you say and I missed it...?

not a clue, all I know is its love at first site, I'm actually starting a custom build for the lil guy and he eats the crap outta ghost shrimp

way to get post number 100 :)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dahliaheartsyou
not a clue, all I know is its love at first site, I'm actually starting a custom build for the lil guy and he eats the crap outta ghost shrimp

way to get post number 100 :)

yuuuuuuuuuus.

100 is a good number I think...

I think he is a Painted Angler, hopefully not commerson's them puppies get huge!!!

but you can look here to help decide, mostly determined by his little lure rod thingy...

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/anglerfishes.htm

I want one...but I love my hermits...

I'm torn between getting one, I have always loved how they look and how they walk around kinda...

do you just feed him shrimp, as far as live things....?

Sorry Ian, I'm hijacking your thread.

I don't remember what name the LFS listed the angler under. They did say this one tops out at 6", I'd say a painted angler (Antennarius pictus). They had two gorgeous red/orange anglers. One giant, which was probably bigger than my hand. The other was tinier than the one we have now, but grows to about 10" in the right conditions. The max size was the deciding factor for us, otherwise that little orange one would be with us now.

He shows no interest in our hermits or snails (for now). In fact, one nassarius snail snatched one of his ghost shrimp meals and a hermit kept trying to climb over him like he was just another rock in the tank! This of course does not account for what he may do in the future.

right now he's too small to eat fish, unless I'm able to find some chromis or a damsel or 2 that are about the size a dime

all is well and good in the tank, aside from the freshwater tank that I keep the ghost shrimp in..... my catfish keeps eating them.

same here, just don't really have the time right now to do alot of the stuff I want with the tanks.

I think my next move is to pick up some new corals and set up 2 smaller tanks to house feeder shrimp and some damsels for the socrates (my angler) since I think my catfish is eating my shrimp and a breeder box doesn't contain them, they just crawl out.

The only problem is I'm running out of room and outlets in my apartment haha

4 tanks running and 3 in pieces

You're the man for getting an angler. Anglers are freakin' sweet but no one ever gets them for their nanos!

thank you!

I plan on getting more of them, I absolutely love them

its just 100-500 for them doesn't really make for a good impulse buy

cool tank your angler should actually be perfect in the tank you already have there is some info from a guy that keeps them and he says that a smaller tank is preferable just make sure you have good filtration.

i will try to find the link just so you could have some idea maybe you wont have to build another tank for him.

and for a sump or refuge you could always set it up above your tank and let the water be pumped from your tank to the refuge and let it overflow back into the your tank not conventional but it works and no drilling.

cool tank your angler should actually be perfect in the tank you already have there is some info from a guy that keeps them and he says that a smaller tank is preferable just make sure you have good filtration.

i will try to find the link just so you could have some idea maybe you wont have to build another tank for him.

and for a sump or refuge you could always set it up above your tank and let the water be pumped from your tank to the refuge and let it overflow back into the your tank not conventional but it works and no drilling.

I was thinking that or doing a overflow box, maybe on of TOMS. I don't have the room above or beside the tank, its gotta go below it, damn gravity making things hard haha.

with the way that he is eating now, he will grow into this tank with out a problem, aside from the fact that my catfish is eating all the shrimp in the 29 gallon planted tank.

I really want to get a modded cube or 2 and house another angler I just have to wait a lil while, since I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I really need to move outta this apartment. not enough outlets or room for that matter

AWESOME>>>>>

thanks, kind words are so nice :)

go figure I'm sick so I figured the green smiley works for how I look and feel

yuuuuuuuuuus.

100 is a good number I think...

I think he is a Painted Angler, hopefully not commerson's them puppies get huge!!!

but you can look here to help decide, mostly determined by his little lure rod thingy...

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/anglerfishes.htm

I want one...but I love my hermits...

I'm torn between getting one, I have always loved how they look and how they walk around kinda...

do you just feed him shrimp, as far as live things....?

thank for the sig~!? its sweet. mine hasn't ate any hermits yet I just make sure I keep him fed with the shrimp so he doesn't turn on my Clean up crew

dahliaheartsyou
thank for the sig~!? its sweet. mine hasn't ate any hermits yet I just make sure I keep him fed with the shrimp so he doesn't turn on my Clean up crew

no prob!

hope you like it ok...

hm...

i'm still to scared to get one only to have it eat all my little friend lol.

i don't think yours is a commerson's though, more a painted, but I would look at that site to identify, because some can get ridiculously huge!

good like with the lil guy!

yea, but really for all the more they actually move around they are like a mantis to its cave...

its either that or I'll just silcone up the apartment windows and doors and grow gills

Archived