Top Shelf Aquatics

10 gallon fire hazard

hxcaquaman

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the aquapod will be started tomorrow, going to pick up premium coraline and Deco live rock from florida tomorrow morning from my LFS. She'll be up and running full force, tomorrow evening....

its crazy how many different types of macro there are on these rocks along with the clams and sponges and corals that made it through shipping.....

best part, under 5 dollars a pound

yea, my gf took better photos, it seems almost crazy to want to stock anything in this tank now, I think I'm just going to let to grow out for a few months to see what else pops up

dahliaheartsyou

what the H?!?! all that from just the rock! not fair...

i still love your froggie- has he grown at all or changed colors or anything?

I think I'm just going to let to grow out for a few months to see what else pops up

^my first 3 months with my BC29 lol.

yea, got it from my lfs, it is packed with goodies, I rearranged the rocks and found more crap, its awesome. theres more pics on the thread that we started for it.

my gf and I decided that we are only going to spend cash on this new build, to take things slower and stop impluse buys.

you wouldn't happen to want to make another banner for my new build would ya? :)

added mangroves and you can see socrates dinner in the upper left hand part of the tank :)

for some reason my frogfish likes to tick off the toadstoal when I take pics....

post-37588-1222637941_thumb.jpg

well socrates has been having some trouble catching the damsel that I put in the tank for him, so I put another one in for him, he's sooo lazy I put the net with the damsel in it right in front of him, he just crawled in the net and ate the lil yellow fin damsel, then crawled out and back to his perch under the toadstoal leather.

what a lazy bum.

eh whatever I still love the lil guy.

Ok so I got to page 7 and couldnt read any more, ADD kicked in. But I love the angler fish, black anglers kick ass. Id get one but i always thought they would be to big for something like a 10 gallon.

Cool tank, cool thread.

Ok so I got to page 7 and couldnt read any more, ADD kicked in. But I love the angler fish, black anglers kick ass. Id get one but i always thought they would be to big for something like a 10 gallon.

Cool tank, cool thread.

thanks johny

yea, frogfish are too big for a ten gallon, its just that he is soo small right now that 10 gallons actually seems like too much space for him to hunt for fish and shrimp, but no worries, I have a 29 that I will set up for him once he actually shows signs of growth, I've had him a lil over a month and he hasn't grown and I feed him a good bit.

so a fellow pa reefer!?!

where ya from brudda?

I'm from indiana pa

awe I adore frogfish, I wish I could have one, but I know they are sloppy eaters lol.

they're not really sloppy eaters, it quick and to the point one bite and they're done...

they just have a tendency to inhale anything that will fit in there mouths

The aquapod is already getting more attention than the frogfish tank, and all it has is live rock.

Maybe if we train Socrates to peacfully exist with other fish...

dahliaheartsyou
Maybe if we train Socrates to peacfully exist with other fish...

i lol'd

your frogfish tank has to be one of my favs, i wants one soooo bads...

too bad they would eat all my lil invert friends =[

he hasn't ate any inverts...just ghost shrimp (well ghost shrimp are inverts, but he hasn't touched the snails or hermits), 1 chromis and 1 damsel in a month and a half.

gulfsurfer101

I love these fish. I had two of them in my AP24 about the size of a finger nail. I think one ate the other one though and the other got sucked into my sump and eatn by hermits.

Archived