ReefCleaners.org

10 gallon fire hazard

hxcaquaman

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I've had him for over 4 months now and he seems pretty hardy. I mostly feed him feeder shrimp and chromis and goldfish here and there when the LFS is out of feeder shrimp, I eventually want to get him to eat frozen foods like silversides but haven't had the chance to go and pick some up.

only time will tell and unfortunately I don't have much on my end.

• 1 month later...

hopefully everything this happy and fully adjusted to the new flow tomorrow and I can put up yet another new FTS with all the new corals

CAn't wait

me either, i just hope that everything settles in nicely, i did change out my filter and kicked up a bunch of sand

but it happens,

i added

green devils hand leather

cabbage leather

a flame scallop

some grape algae in the new filter

and some yellow/brown button polyps

Aww sucky! I just lost two fish to ich recently.. my 6 line made it.. my clown and gramma didn't.. sucky!

Aww sucky! I just lost two fish to ich recently.. my 6 line made it.. my clown and gramma didn't.. sucky!

well i had a bunch of die off from macro that i stuffed in a filter now everything is ticked i did 4 gallon water change and i may lose everything and the new aquascape sucks

my new cabbage leather

my tora tree that seems to be adjusting to the new setup and flow perfectly, it has definitely doubled in size since my lil mishap

and my frogspawn that seems to be pulling through, as u can see from the top down picture it was effected the most and i still may lose a head

and of course lunch for Socrates ( can see him hanging out on my intake right behind the damsel )

post-37588-1235425001_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235425009_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235425020_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235425029_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235425146_thumb.jpg

new FTS, I'm not overly in love with this look, but I'm more concerned with my corals getting back to there thriving state.

I replaced my filtration with a Aquaclear that's packed with cheato and mangroves that have GSP growing on them and also added toms Mini Canister filter that has carbon and filter sponge in it.

and some food for Socrates :)

post-37588-1235431332_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235431388_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235431401_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235431414_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235431609_thumb.jpg

some close ups of my stuff and a pic of 2 mushrooms that we got for free that are now in my girlfriends tank, I really wish i could get a better shot of the colors on them, the top one is like a neon green tie dye its awesome.

enjoy!~

Ian

post-37588-1235436826_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235436836_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235436864_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1235436872_thumb.jpg

I love ur tank i used to have a frogfish and a small lion fish in a AP but i was to young to think of keeping corals in it. my frogfish when he arrived at the lfs he was black like urs but after about a month he turned green. if u want to see a pic go to photo of the month and please vote for him.

I love ur tank i used to have a frogfish and a small lion fish in a AP but i was to young to think of keeping corals in it. my frogfish when he arrived at the lfs he was black like urs but after about a month he turned green. if u want to see a pic go to photo of the month and please vote for him.

thanks.

Sorry cant trade unless u vote for my pic.:P JK he died a while ago for no apparent reason i have a nano reef now with a yasha goby and a fish i caught.

Ian the tank looks great! I wanna try mangroves someday.

Socrates will love the skrimp dinner :D

thanks, mangroves are awesome, I've had such good luck with them and the fact that my LFS gave me 4 of them for free and now my GSP is growing on them.

word of advice tho, don't put em in your main display, their roots grow like CRAZY!!!!

As for Socrates he showed a lil interest in the damsel then devoured 2 shrimp back to back, it was so funny since the one started to clean his face and he let it do its job then ate him haha

Archived