Innovative Marine Aquariums

10 gallon fire hazard

hxcaquaman

I love these fish. I had two of them in my AP24 about the size of a finger nail. I think one ate the other one though and the other got sucked into my sump and eatn by hermits.

ewww.. I hate when things get sucked into intakes, happened to every nudibranch that we attempted to keep.

nudibranches, the sqwishy stupid cat of the ocean. meow.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics! And I know what you mean about the Nudi's. They are kind of stupid. Mine was fine for about 3 or 4 weeks, then one day decided my Koralia looked like a good place to chill. :mellow: I was freaked, but idk where he is now....he was the size of the tip of my finger. He might have died.... :o

• 4 weeks later...

well there are really no updates, aside from my silver xenia dying, but it will be back, since I still have the mother in my gf's tank and the fact that a tiny like peice did manage to pop up on another rock.

socrates still hasn't ate the damsel I put in there for him, I guess he's just like me and prefers shrimp to fish. I'm just surprised that there has been a peppermint shrimp and a damsel living in a 10 gallon with my frogfish. weird?!?! he should have inhaled them by now.

thats about it aside from that, I'm still harvesting red shrooms like there is no tomorrow and my other corals are growing way to quick.

happy reefing y'all

Ian

Maybe he's got that "fancy feast" mentality...

You'd think I nice, fat damsel would be a lot tastier that a couple of ghost shrimp. Then again those shrimp are practically hand delivered. He doesn't even stick out his lure anymore, just crawls into the net and sucks them up.

• 2 weeks later...

well its been a while nano reefers. so I figured I'd post some new photos. I also did a new aquascape. socrates got a lil dirty in the process... haha

hope ya like

Ian

post-37588-1227025641_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227025682_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227025703_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227025737_thumb.jpg

more pics... and a New FTS

I know I need to top off the tank... I'm getting there haha.

Smurf - you forgot to state his dirtyness haha..

Ian

post-37588-1227026857_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026871_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026886_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026900_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026920_thumb.jpg

thanks, he's spoiled haha he knows what the little green net means... food, then he perks up and jumps in the net after the shrimp

Ian

I like the new scape! We don't get any black frogfish in around here. They are so cool!

I just need to convince my mom to buy me another tank so I can get one :P

Great tank and the froggy is a charachter I see..the fish stick pic is classic lol

Looks like alot of growth too, the xenia in my tanks goes thru phases but it is one of the best corals to let you know when something is not right in the tank

Great tank and the froggy is a charachter I see..the fish stick pic is classic lol

Looks like alot of growth too, the xenia in my tanks goes thru phases but it is one of the best corals to let you know when something is not right in the tank

very true, my silver xenia bit the dust, no idea why, and my white xenia is doing great it started to spread to another rock. but, yea as soon as it stops pulsing you know you got problems, ph buffer and kent marines nano part a and b are great for that

looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!

are those hairy mushrooms ?

I WANT!

and HOLY LEATHER!!! that thing is HUGE!

the 2 big ones on the far left are lavenders and the green one in the center is a hairy

the green hair has been tossed between my tank and stephs a couple of times and still hasn't split same with the lavenders...

as for the toady, its growing like a weed I already tried to frag it, the frag didn 't make it. I was thinkin of cutting it into a star shape for the hell of it haha

I like the new scape! We don't get any black frogfish in around here. They are so cool!

I just need to convince my mom to buy me another tank so I can get one :P

Thank you,

Socrates is actually my second frogfish, my first Darwin. decided it was a great idea to eat all the damsels in my tank in one day and choked....

as for socrates he's so spoiled that the damsel that he ate last night was in the tank with him for over a month, it took me rescaping my tank and stressing the lil guy out for him to eat him, he just really likes his ghost shrimp. :)

too bad your not from my area, elmers a fish shop about an hour from my place always has frogfish in stock.

black ones tend to run 80-100 dollars depending on size, brightly colored ones can catch a price up to 150ish and wartskin, which are gorgeous cost about the same as my first car haha.

I was actually thinking of getting a sargassium angler to put in my aquapod since it already full of macro algae and I'm planning on putting more in there, but I'm not sure what I want to do with the tank. its still making its way through a really rough cycle, so who knows what the future holds for it.

~Ian

Archived