SaltCritters.com

10 gallon fire hazard

hxcaquaman

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

hxcaquaman,

sweet little tank! what is that crazy hairy thing? it looks neat what ever it is! you asked me about your shrooms. feeding them will certianly help, i feed mine formula one pellets that have been soaked. this will help them spread, but if you want it to happen faster you might have to resort to cutting. its really not as bad as it sounds though. i cut one of my green/purple shrooms. it spewed some juice, shriveled up for a day. then it was fine, now about two weeks later i have a little baby shroom starting. if there was a 'bullet proof' coral shrooms would be it! sans yumas though, there finicky. keep up the good work! ill make sure to follow your thread. hope that little tid bit helped.

~squirrel

edit: lol, i realised that those hairy things are the shrooms you were asking me about....duh.... at first i didnt see any mouths on them. basically just cut the shroom off of the rock with a razor blade, then take some bridal netting or a similar mesh, find a spot for that newly cut shroom. place it then put the bridal netting over the shroom to hold it down. it should attach in a few days or a week. where the old shroom was cut, those little bits left on the rock will form baby shrooms too! amazing creatures shrooms are!

squirrelieygrrrl

lol,

uh wow.....

i saw a pretty big one in my tank last night too, but i sure didnt have that reaction! :P

well I was given an early birthday gift :D I ordered new lights!

I've been running a current dual compact for over a year and the bulbs are crap and the fact that it is ready to fall apart and there is so much salt creep that I can't even remove half of the parts to replace the bulbs so its time for an upgrade

I ordered this

Orbit Aquarium Light Fixture 2 x 40W SunPaq Lamps, 1 Lunar Light & Fan - 20 in.

twice the output of my old fixture, maybe more :)

ordered it from thatfishplace.com 10% percent off couldn't pass up that deal, plus I needed new lights months Ago!

cool tank trade you some shrooms lol

sure as soon as I get the new lighting and start fragging, I really like your green stripped ones

You have a pretty good set up going. Keep posting, it looks like things are going well.

thanks, I plan on it since this is my only real form of entertainment. I don't have cable so no cartoons, just internet and fish tanks

thanks, I plan on it since this is my only real form of entertainment. I don't have cable so no cartoons, just internet and fish tanks

Why would you want to watch tv when you can watch a snail crawl for hours on end?

airman_verde04

I'll comment on your tank! I really like that big brown fuzzy looking thing on the left side of your tank.. very nice.

hey ya go, not much difference that you can tell by the pictures. but there is the new lighting unit... they boxed 3 times over, TONS of bubble wrap :) pop pop

thats about it, doing a water change right now. my toadstool is po'ed

thanks for looking

Ian

post-37588-1218469896_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1218469912_thumb.jpg

I like it a lot, great job!

thanks jersey :D

I'll be starting a kalkwasser drip on this tank tomorrow night, I would have it going today... but in between work and my interview with a new job and laundry I didn't have time to run to the store to pick up the drippers I ordered. can't wait. kalk drips are great.

Archived