Pod Your Reef

The Offical Acan Thread!

Ocho Cinco

Why is it always about you? :huh::o;):D

I suppose I wonder if folks get so wrapped up in the various color morphs that they forget that they're all beautiful!

-hank

Because I'm a girl and it's always about us!! Just ask SWMBH!!! :D:lol:;)

And please correct me if I'm wrong but those brown Acans listed above are not exactly purdy......

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because I'm a girl and it's always about us!! Just ask SWMBH!!! :D:lol:;)

And please correct me if I'm wrong but those brown Acans listed above are not exactly purdy......

She Who Must Be H<what?>

As far as the brown ones, lighting, quality of photograph... Who can say what they really look like?

-hank

revaltion131
She Who Must Be H<what?>

As far as the brown ones, lighting, quality of photograph... Who can say what they really look like?

-hank

The crazed environmentalist would say that they colored themselves brown to prevent being harvested by us shallow reefers. :o I do actually remember someone in one of the Discovery Channel's documentaries about the GBR bleaching saying that.

H = honored? That works, hehe.

YES!!!!! That was it. Took me all morning to figure out what I was thinking!

She who must be honored!! So it honored and obeyed, Hank. Cindy, I'm correct....right?!

YES!!!!! That was it. Took me all morning to figure out what I was thinking!

She who must be honored!! So it honored and obeyed, Hank. Cindy, I'm correct....right?!

That's cool. I think I can honor a lot easier than I can obey. ;)

GoingPostal

Some of my new acan lord frags, no new pics of my indo colony though

NewstuffFragSwap2008008.jpg

Enchinata? subenchinata? How do you tell?

Slice of orange crush

NewstuffFragSwap2008053.jpg

Small frag that looks opposite colored, green with orange

NewstuffFragSwap2008041.jpg

Rotundoflora?

NewstuffFragSwap2008035.jpg

Ocho Cinco

Great pics everyone!!!! I've never had any of my acans lose color for who ever asked that. My new acan frags are doing good.

Ocho Cinco
hi all does anybody know how 2 frag a leather toadstool need help its getting 2 big for tank

Unless a leather is some kind of acan, I think you have the wrong thread.

Anyway, I think most people just cut them up. Use the search feature on here, I'm sure it's on here somewhere.

MarvinsReef

some old Aussie lords colony shots... I thought I would share them for eye candies for you and esp meEh since I don't have these any longer... :(

07-17-07_Aussie_2.jpg

07-24-07_Aussie1a.jpg

07-27-07_Aussie1a.jpg

09-11-07_Aussie5.jpg

09-11-07_Aussie4.jpg

10-18-07_Aussie4.jpg

vvvv cont.... vvvv

10-19-07_Aussie1.jpg

10-19-07_Aussie2.jpg

10-23-07_Aussie1a.jpg

10-23-07_Aussie2a.jpg

10-18-07_Aussie2.jpg

Paleoreef103

I got a couple too. I thought that these post-32810-1215752649_thumb.jpg Were more common, but I didn't see anyone put them up. I dig them. Nice and colorful. post-32810-1215752688_thumb.jpg I like these green one's too. Yay picture threads and posting after midnight. Sometimes, late at night, the pretty colors are all you need! Marvins Reef. Those were amazing. What happened to them?

WOW! Nice!!!! Marv's reef, why don't you have them anymore? Those must have been super expensive!!!

MarvinsReef
WOW! Nice!!!! Marv's reef, why don't you have them anymore? Those must have been super expensive!!!

I decided to let go of all my Aussie lords because of a tank move last December... :(

currently, I have a few select pieces but would love to get some of the ones above back... the problem is I didn't keep a list of who I sold them to.. LoLz... here are the ones I currently have.. :D

Rainbow center, bright Pink ring followed by Red/White outer ring...

07-09-08_Aussie_1abc.jpg

07-09-08_Aussie_1ab.jpg

this pic is after devouring a bunch of mysis shrimp... first time spot feeding...

07-09-08_Aussie_1a.jpg

this one is very nice Rainbow...

06-26-08_Aussielords_2.jpg

07-02-08_Aussie_1.jpg

07-09-08_Aussie_2.jpg

I don't know what type either of my acans are, but here are some pics

120galcorals7-8-08008.jpg

120galcorals7-8-08007.jpg

Here is the same purple one under different lighting

unknownacon3-20-08008.jpg

MarvinsReef
Marvin those are so amazing. Im hoping to pick up some acans and more chalices on monday.

sweet... :)

good deal.. new stuff is always exciting.. good luck... :)

Did you sell them because you were afraid of losing them in the move?

Roc!, I think theone on the bottom is a Echinata.

My acans have been all closed up for the last couple of days. I can't figure out why, they usually never do. Does anyone have any ideas why?

GoingPostal

Do they still look alright? My indo colony just did this, stayed real sucked in, no puffiness at all for about 3 days and then just started looking happy again. Only thing that changed is they are getting fed a lot more suddenly so I thought maybe it was a growth spurt or digestion thing but don't really know. Since they weren't gaping or receding I just left them be but I was getting kinda worried there.

Do they still look alright? My indo colony just did this, stayed real sucked in, no puffiness at all for about 3 days and then just started looking happy again. Only thing that changed is they are getting fed a lot more suddenly so I thought maybe it was a growth spurt or digestion thing but don't really know. Since they weren't gaping or receding I just left them be but I was getting kinda worried there.

One is open more now but the other one is not. I can see the colors fine but also can see a little skeleton. This acan was growing like crazy too. It had 3 heads when I got it like a month ago and now has 9. I don't want to lose it!

For anyone that followed my other thread.....here is a picture of 2 Acans side by side. One is a little in front of the other but it shows that you can expect accurate colors in the Red Sea lighting. The small frag was purchased in my LFS. The only difference I would say is the purple is duller. Other than that it looks very similar to what I saw there. And they had their lights exactly like the other vendor. So compared to my ugly brown you know what in the back I'm at least glad I have this.

This picture is not great. I am getting some extension tubes for my camera today and will get a close up. You can really see all the colors: green, yellow, orange, red.

013-2-1.jpg

Archived