Ocho Cinco

Here are mine...

Five-TwentyEight-OhEight043-1.jpg

Five-TwentyEight-OhEight010-1.jpg

Five-TwentyEight-OhEight002-1.jpg

Five-TwentyEight-OhEight001-1.jpg

Nothing beats a BOC sale @ Zoanuts!!!

I need help from the Acan experts!!!

I know how to grow 'em, frag 'em, and keep 'em healthy, but I still have a lot to learn on ID.

Can you guys help me ID these?

Are they common?

Rare?

Thanks for furthering my education!! :happy:

IMG_1698A.jpg

IMG_1707A.jpg

IMG_1696A.jpg

Looks like we have some of the same ones... Did you hit up the last Acan Lord BOC sale???

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you tell if you have Acanthastrea lordhowensis or echinata? Here are my two (sorry for the bad pics)... Any help id;ing these guys would be greatly appreciated.

one.gif

two.gif

three.gif

circusordie16

weetabix, those are all acan lords.

migs, yours are both lords too i think. look at post 83 to see how you can tell the difference between the two most common species, lords and echinatas.

here's my aussie's!

Sweet!

weetabix, those are all acan lords.

migs, yours are both lords too i think. look at post 83 to see how you can tell the difference between the two most common species, lords and echinatas.

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Need help with my acan lord and micromussa... I recently "adopted" some sick and dying lord (9 heads) and micro (4 heads)... they would not sell them to me or give any guarantee, but I convinced them to let me try to save them since they have been in their tanks for weeks with no luck.

The acan lord is doing better, but the micro is still receding... I did a water change before introducing them... all my levels are great... I am trying to hand feed them liquidlife and added SeaChem Reef Plus in addition to phytoplankton... Any helps and tips to help my micro would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As a quick suggestion, shade and low flow until you see feeders. Then move them slowly back into better light. I'm currently re-cooping an Acan that I toasted in too high of a light location and its been responding well. It takes a while but they are pretty sturdy. Not sure I would encourage feeding unless you see the feeders are out and willing. Also, an Iodine dip can be helpful to speed things along on PO'ed tissue.

Yikes!!! Thank you... I had them in medium flow and was trying to feed them with no feeders out... I moved both of them to the back of the tank... no really shade but definitely low flow and less light. I will let them be for a few days and see how they do. Thank you.

Archived