Coral Vue Hydros

The Offical Acan Thread!

Ocho Cinco

This thread is hopefully going to be all about Acans. Every and all kinds!!! I'm looking sorward to chatting about them, hearing different experinces with them and of course PICTURES galore! I have just started in this craze and how to learn a lot about them and see all the different morphs. I'll let someone else post the first pic because I have a new one that is not fully open. :happydance:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some that look very similar to the center frag in picture 2. It's gonna be cool to see all the different colors people have.

How much did you pay for the center looking frag that you got?

$20 for 3 full heads and a bunch of babies.

I wanna see your pics. I paid $40 for mine online+ shipping.......

I had some on my tank thread. Here they are:

Aussie's

Aussies.jpg

Indo's

Indos.jpg

I have 2 more frags in my tank and will be getting 2 more on Friday.

Nick's Reef

Indo Lords

P4160121.jpg

Aussie Lords

P4160115.jpg

P3180020.jpg

P3180012.jpg

There are only two more morphs of aussies i'm looking for, blue/turquoise rim w/red center and TRUE rainbows. I also want UFO micros to go with my grape slurpees.

I almost got some rainbows the other day but I didn't want to pay 20 a polyp just yet. Our indos look the same. What did you pay of those large colonies? Is there a certain amount of morphs out there or do the colors mix different all the time?

Just a random question, do the "fleshyness" of the acan polyps depend on the colony? The new one I got dosen't look all that fleshy.

Nick's Reef
I almost got some rainbows the other day but I didn't want to pay 20 a polyp just yet. Our indos look the same. What did you pay of those large colonies? Is there a certain amount of morphs out there or do the colors mix different all the time?

Just a random question, do the "fleshyness" of the acan polyps depend on the colony? The new one I got dosen't look all that fleshy.

$20 a polyp, that's a steal! Would you mind getting pics of them next time, cause I might send you some $$$ to get me some! For the red one I think i payed $80 it was my first acan and my third coral ever so it has sentimental value. The red and whitish on I payed only $20 but it was only 8 polyps and half dead and the rock was covered with majanos, it's a really fast grower it seems like cuase i counted the heads today and it has like 25! i think that there are infinet color morphs, I'm really bumed that it's now illegal to collect from australlia again cause i could get really nice acans for really cheap, now the prices have skyrocketed. As for the fleshyness i really don't know, all mine are puffy, slimy, and very fleshy.

$20 a polyp, that's a steal! Would you mind getting pics of them next time, cause I might send you some $$$ to get me some! For the red one I think i payed $80 it was my first acan and my third coral ever so it has sentimental value. The red and whitish on I payed only $20 but it was only 8 polyps and half dead and the rock was covered with majanos, it's a really fast grower it seems like cuase i counted the heads today and it has like 25! i think that there are infinet color morphs, I'm really bumed that it's now illegal to collect from australlia again cause i could get really nice acans for really cheap, now the prices have skyrocketed. As for the fleshyness i really don't know, all mine are puffy, slimy, and very fleshy.

I'd send you some if you wanted. They had all different kinds of rainbows. What is a non TRUE rainbow? $20 for 8 polyps is cheap. So far the new ones are not very puffy. It might tanke a little, because it was cut just before I got it.

They made it illegal again to collect from Australia? I got my red ones 2 and baby for $24 the pink ones 2 for $25, but I got like 5 heads and 2 nuclear explosion for $40.

Does Nick's Reef mean $80 per polyp and $20 per polyp?

They made it illegal again to collect from Australia? I got my red ones 2 and baby for $24 the pink ones 2 for $25 and the nuclear explosion for $40.

80 and 20 for the colony. The new acan I got had a polyp with the skeleton broke and hanging off the main colony. Will it come back? Is there something in perticular I chould do with it or just let it hang there. It's no big deal, I asked for 3 polyps and got 5.

Nick's Reef
I'd send you some if you wanted. They had all different kinds of rainbows. What is a non TRUE rainbow? $20 for 8 polyps is cheap. So far the new ones are not very puffy. It might tanke a little, because it was cut just before I got it.

Great, just send me some pics to see if they meet my standards as true rainbows, I like the whole head to be a rainbow of clors(red green orange and pink). if they don't have these colors still take pics, i may like em'.

They made it illegal again to collect from Australia? I got my red ones 2 and baby for $24 the pink ones 2 for $25 and the nuclear explosion for $40.

yep they closed the border about a month ago and it won't open up for like 6 years. :tears: And i meant per colony, not polyp! the other aussie i have i payed $45 for and the indo i got in a trade from lilredneckman for a down payment on ducans when i frag em.

Edit: here's a pic of a nice raibow from ATL aquaculture (atlantis aquarium)

rainbowacan.jpg

Nick's Reef

david, i waqnt a piece of that first one! i've been loking for one like it since my acan addiction started all thaks to marvinsreef and his crazy acans/micros!

I'd feel kinda wierd taking pics at a lfs. I guess if I told them why they would be cool with it. I saw David's from his tank thread, Their awesome! Also, the aussie I have pictured is on a larger base and my new one is not (it's kinda thin). Would it be better to attach that on to a piece or rubble rock for new heads to grow on to?

Nick's reef, it that first pic of Davids one you were looking for?

david, i waqnt a piece of that first one! i've been loking for one like it since my acan addiction started all thaks to marvinsreef and his crazy acans/micros!

It's my favorite as well!

Down the road, when it grows out a bit... And, I grow a pair and decide to frag and ship, a few heads will be yours bro!!!

Nick's Reef
rainbowacan.jpg

Five-TwentyEight-OhEight043-1.jpg

Ocho, these are the ones im looking for. I think if you told them they'd be fine with you taking pics.

I'd feel kinda wierd taking pics at a lfs. I guess if I told them why they would be cool with it. I saw David's from his tank thread, Their awesome! Also, the aussie I have pictured is on a larger base and my new one is not (it's kinda thin). Would it be better to attach that on to a piece or rubble rock for new heads to grow on to?

Nick's reef, it that first pic of Davids one you were looking for?

It won't be a while until I go again. I'm going away all 4th of July week so by the time I go back there they'll probably be gone. I'm sure they will get more though.

Archived