inTank Media Baskets

The Offical Acan Thread!

Ocho Cinco

Nick's Reef
It won't be a while until I go again. I'm going away all 4th of July week so by the time I go back there they'll probably be gone. I'm sure they will get more though.

that's fine with me, I'll have more money saved then too. :D

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have acans...

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

IMG_0241-1.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

i have more... just no pictures of them

EDIT: there's also this one... the polyp is 2" across..

119F4391-1.jpg

Nice Acans! I like the colors in pic #1. The polyps of the one that I have posted are huge too.

Just a randon question, do acans do better on the substrate compared to on LR?

Nice Acans! I like the colors in pic #1. The polyps of the one that I have posted are huge too.

Just a randon question, do acans do better on the substrate compared to on LR?

no clue, because i dont keep acans on the substrate. only things i have on the sand right now are a welsophyllia, and a colony of duncans.

no clue, because i dont keep acans on the substrate. only things i have on the sand right now are a welsophyllia, and a colony of duncans.

It seems like when I see them they are on teh ground. Any reason why you don't?

It seems like when I see them they are on teh ground. Any reason why you don't?

people usually have them on the ground i think because they have no room. i HAD the orange acans on the substrate before, but i got zero growth and it didnt look right (plus the coral was never happy on the substrate). actually, come to think of it, the lfs where i got my rainbow acans keeps his pieces in the frag tank with sand, and he doesn't get ANY growth, but my rainbow acans on the LR grew over 13 heads since i got them. :)

people usually have them on the ground i think because they have no room. i HAD the orange acans on the substrate before, but i got zero growth and it didnt look right (plus the coral was never happy on the substrate). actually, come to think of it, the lfs where i got my rainbow acans keeps his pieces in the frag tank with sand, and he doesn't get ANY growth, but my rainbow acans on the LR grew over 13 heads since i got them. :)

How long did it take to grow that many heads? Do you apoxy them down?

How long did it take to grow that many heads? Do you apoxy them down?

2 months not glued down or epoxied.

My Cans

[

IMG_0791.jpg

those aren't micros?

CypressSlayer
Cypresslayer, what are the 2 red things in pic 1?

Tyree War Coral (that is what i bought it as)

How do you keep your CUC from knocking it down?

its a big piece... i have no turbos... that's pretty much it. plus it i a spot harder for the CUC to get to.

Tyree War Coral (that is what i bought it as)

What ever that is, it looks SWEET! Oh yeah, nice cans!

I think I posted this on here or somewhere, but is it ok to attach a frag that is on a thin "base" to a piece of LR rubble?

Are there any ugly Acans? I picked up a bleached colony from a LFS that has horrible lighting with the hopes it will color up into something nice. I'm also hoping it will color up with my stock AP PC lighting. Man I am hoping a lot. :(

Are there any ugly Acans? I picked up a bleached colony from a LFS that has horrible lighting with the hopes it will color up into something nice. I'm also hoping it will color up with my stock AP PC lighting. Man I am hoping a lot. :(

That's like asking if there are any ugly babies... lol

That's like asking if there are any ugly babies... lol
Well I've seen pictures of ugly babies but never of an ugly Acan. I figure a diver picked it out of the ocean for a reason so I'm hoping it's not as bad as the genetic lottery. ;)

I feel ashamed posting my ugly baby with all the beautiful baby pics in this thread.

post-32940-1214352472_thumb.jpg

Well I've seen pictures of ugly babies but never of an ugly Acan. I figure a diver picked it out of the ocean for a reason so I'm hoping it's not as bad as the genetic lottery. ;)

I feel ashamed posting my ugly baby with all the beautiful baby pics in this thread.

Your acan actual looks similar to my mint green (pastel green) acan. I think it looks good!

I will post new pics of mine later tonight if I get a chance.

Archived